Totally Awesome game to watch

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 2pm Sunday 1 May
Venue: Canberra Stadium
Telecast: FoxSports2 LIVE
Post Reply
Alkira

Totally Awesome game to watch

Post by Alkira » Thu 05 May, 2011 2:42 pm

I just want to say what a totally awesome game the Tigers vs Raiders game was to watch, we travelled 10 hours to watch this game and it was the first Tigers game we had been to watch FINALLY after years and years of being Tigers supporters the atmosphere it was a real buzz...
After the game we headed out to the bus to hopefully catch some players for a chat and some signatures to top the day off...We were lucky enough to meet 7 of the players and have a chat but was also very disappointed at the players that come straight out and walked onto the bus, My little girl who is only 5 had her heart set of saying hello to Farrah and we were at the front of the fence so thought we had a chance but he signed a couple of things and walked up on the bus, it was so sad to see, after travelling all that way, we thought it would be hard to see Benji and get something signed but we thought Farrah would have stuck around being the captain and all and greeted his fans...I sort of wish there was a way to email the players that just didnt take time to talk to their fans but there isn't but with the disappointment also came the appreciation of Byrce Gibbs, Robbie Lui, Tim Moltzen, Mitch Brown ,Keith Galloway, Chris Heighington and Beau Ryan these players stopped signed and talk to us we were lucky enough to also have photos taken shows what lovely guy they are!
They made our trip well worth it


User avatar
Chris
Member
Member
Posts: 4586
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 12:00 am

Post by Chris » Thu 05 May, 2011 2:46 pm

Where did you come from to watch the game?

User avatar
Spartan117
Member
Member
Posts: 6025
Joined: Wed 07 Oct, 2009 4:22 pm
Location: Picnic Point, Sydney

Post by Spartan117 » Thu 05 May, 2011 4:43 pm

Welcome to the Forum Alkira.

There is nothing like being a Tiger

Alkira

Post by Alkira » Thu 05 May, 2011 6:53 pm

Chris wrote:Where did you come from to watch the game?
All the way from Mildura Vic ;)

Alkira

Post by Alkira » Thu 05 May, 2011 6:54 pm

Spartan117 wrote:Welcome to the Forum Alkira.

There is nothing like being a Tiger
Thanks 8-)


User avatar
stryker
Member
Member
Posts: 10825
Joined: Sun 19 Jul, 2009 4:16 pm
Location: Cairns

Post by stryker » Thu 05 May, 2011 11:04 pm

Well done on the effort Alkira...have you been to many other games outside of Tigers?

How did you enjoy the Raiders crowd? They get pretty cranky when they lose.

Bad luck about the sigs mate, next time eh...

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 41468
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm
Location: Watching Waiting Lurking

Post by happy tiger » Thu 05 May, 2011 11:13 pm

With the others guys and gals welcome to the forum Alkira With your point about players not stopping and signing autographs I know someone who is very famous and when we bring this up with him is he makes a good point . He said to us "when do i stop" Because the rest of the world doesn't stop Things like planes ,other work commitments ,press etc . And then they have family commitments like the rest of us

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 41468
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm
Location: Watching Waiting Lurking

Post by happy tiger » Thu 05 May, 2011 11:17 pm

Sorry pushed submit button accidently . Getting back to what I was saying as he puts it he is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't do it . These blokes wish they could stand there all day and talk about what they love and what we love but unfortunately they can't

magpie mania
Member
Member
Posts: 1106
Joined: Fri 16 Oct, 2009 7:40 pm

Post by magpie mania » Fri 06 May, 2011 7:29 am

happy tiger wrote:With the others guys and gals welcome to the forum Alkira With your point about players not stopping and signing autographs I know someone who is very famous and when we bring this up with him is he makes a good point . He said to us "when do i stop" Because the rest of the world doesn't stop Things like planes ,other work commitments ,press etc . And then they have family commitments like the rest of us
happy tiger wrote:Sorry pushed submit button accidently . Getting back to what I was saying as he puts it he is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't do it . These blokes wish they could stand there all day and talk about what they love and what we love but unfortunately they can't
Alkira wrote:I just want to say what a totally awesome game the Tigers vs Raiders game was to watch, we travelled 10 hours to watch this game and it was the first Tigers game we had been to watch FINALLY after years and years of being Tigers supporters the atmosphere it was a real buzz...
After the game we headed out to the bus to hopefully catch some players for a chat and some signatures to top the day off...We were lucky enough to meet 7 of the players and have a chat but was also very disappointed at the players that come straight out and walked onto the bus, My little girl who is only 5 had her heart set of saying hello to Farrah and we were at the front of the fence so thought we had a chance but he signed a couple of things and walked up on the bus, it was so sad to see, after travelling all that way, we thought it would be hard to see Benji and get something signed but we thought Farrah would have stuck around being the captain and all and greeted his fans...I sort of wish there was a way to email the players that just didnt take time to talk to their fans but there isn't but with the disappointment also came the appreciation of Byrce Gibbs, Robbie Lui, Tim Moltzen, Mitch Brown ,Keith Galloway, Chris Heighington and Beau Ryan these players stopped signed and talk to us we were lucky enough to also have photos taken shows what lovely guy they are!
They made our trip well worth it

Well sounded like seven of them could stop and i get the sneaking suspicion they all caught the same plane or bus so if they all land in sydney at say 8pm that night please explain how some can and some cant stop.Captain farah needs to stop. :brick: :brick: :brick:

Alkira

Post by Alkira » Fri 06 May, 2011 2:25 pm

stryker wrote:Well done on the effort Alkira...have you been to many other games outside of Tigers?

How did you enjoy the Raiders crowd? They get pretty cranky when they lose.

Bad luck about the sigs mate, next time eh...

I have been to a Bulldogs vs Storms game in Adelaide which is close to here about 4 hours away but this was my first Tigers match and I love it! The Raiders crowd mmm they were not happy, but what a ground to be at to watch the Rugby AWESOME!



:[/quote]Well sounded like seven of them could stop and i get the sneaking suspicion they all caught the same plane or bus so if they all land in sydney at say 8pm that night please explain how some can and some cant stop.Captain farah needs to stop. :brick: :brick: :brick:[/quote]

Well I think considering they were all getting on the same bus, they owe it to their fans to to interact with us after all its the fans that go to their games buy there merchandise etc etc and I expected more of Farrah and to have a little girl disappointed with the teams captain is saying something it wont however put us off our beloved Tigers maybe next time he will think before he jumps on that bus!

mikey
Member
Member
Posts: 393
Joined: Sun 19 Jul, 2009 7:46 pm

Post by mikey » Fri 06 May, 2011 5:46 pm

When you're getting paid by the people who turn up at the game you do have a commitment to sign for some time especially at an away game where people may not have an opportunity to go every second week.

PYMBLEPETE
Member
Member
Posts: 1037
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 9:15 pm

Post by PYMBLEPETE » Fri 06 May, 2011 7:14 pm

Bit harsh on Farah me thinks. The guy had just played his guts out and would have been physically and mentally exhausted and quite probably in pain. There has to be a cut-off point somewhere, as there is with most other occupations.

you know who
Member
Member
Posts: 670
Joined: Thu 03 Mar, 2011 1:58 pm
Location: Western Suburbs

Post by you know who » Mon 09 May, 2011 3:03 pm

They get on the bus after they come out from the dressing rooms (behind the grandstand) and head for the Swimming Pool at the Australian Institute of Sport, well thats where they went last year when i was down there for the game. Its important for there recovery session that they do this, perhaps next time you can head there and approach them as they come out of the pool and get on the bus or get off the bus as well.

Alkira

Post by Alkira » Tue 10 May, 2011 9:30 pm

you know who wrote:They get on the bus after they come out from the dressing rooms (behind the grandstand) and head for the Swimming Pool at the Australian Institute of Sport, well thats where they went last year when i was down there for the game. Its important for there recovery session that they do this, perhaps next time you can head there and approach them as they come out of the pool and get on the bus or get off the bus as well.

Thanks for the tip! I will remember that for next year!

Post Reply