ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7:30pm, Sat 14 May
Venue: ANZ Stadium, Sydney Olympic Park
Telecast: FoxSports2
alien

Re: Fulton

Post by alien » Tue 17 May, 2011 11:39 pm

cunno wrote:
Would he better off the bench or at centre?
yeah i think he should be on the interchange as our utility player when we are at full strength. i have mentioned centre before if we have injuries there. he can run good lines, he is strong enough and is probably fast enough to play centre, and his passing game is fine so he will be able to take advantage of overlaps. he has good covering defense. i dont blame sheens letting fulton play big minutes when we have our best defenders not playing because of injury

alien

Post by alien » Tue 17 May, 2011 11:52 pm

Sataris wrote:Does anyone actually see Fulton getting a jersey when all our forwards are available?

8.Gibbs
9.Farah
10.Galloway
11.Ellis
12.Dwyer
13.Heighington

14.Woods
15.Fifita
16.BMM
17.Schirnak
18.Payten.
19.Fulton
i'd have fulton before schirnack because its good if one of our 2nd rowers are a utility type player incase we get an injury in the backline or if farah gets injured

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 17 May, 2011 11:56 pm

cunno wrote:
tiger05 wrote:
cunno wrote:
tiger05 wrote:Fulton can defend like a demon and run a great line. The problem is that he is a small forward and he can sort of get lost out there.

When the rest of the forwards are dominating he really helps out. It is times like last night where we need him to make an impact and he doesn't that it is a concern.

I don't know what to think of him - if he is cheap he could be a good option at starting lock forward.
Would he better off the bench or at centre?
I wonder how he'd go at centre. The problem is he'd be like Ayshford - slow.
It is difficult to see him holding down a position once all our players are back unless Sheens puts him on the bench to cover forwards and backs but that would see Beau go so who knows :?: It wasn't his fault that WTs lost last night but he wasn't that great either IMO.
You can't lose his utility value . He can be a back up at hooker ,second row , lock Half back or Five eight . Probably be a good fill in at centre if we needed someone off the bench . Players like that don't grow on trees you know and we have one contracted until 2013 . Keep him at the expense of someone else please Sheensy

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Wed 18 May, 2011 10:34 am

i think he'd look better in a cronulla jersey. has/will leave no imprint on the game - just another player making the numbers.
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 18 May, 2011 10:46 am

AmericanHistoryX wrote:i think he'd look better in a cronulla jersey. has/will leave no imprint on the game - just another player making the numbers.
So you can't see the benefit of having a guy who could be on the bench that can cover at least 6-7 positions with the injury toll we seem to have year after year AMHX . That has over a 90% completed tackle percentage as well Better than anyone else in the team . Gee your a hard man to please .

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Wed 18 May, 2011 11:07 am

i understand but i prefer blair if we have to make room for him. Anyway - what positions has he covered to date with our horrendous injury toll in 2011?

Kul

Post by Kul » Wed 18 May, 2011 11:17 am

Fulton could be the ultimate utility - correction, IS the ultimate utility.
He can cover anywhere
but since returning from the UK this has never happened. Yet before he left Sheens happily used him as 5/8th, centre and hooker

me so confused!
Founder - WestsTigersForum.com

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 18 May, 2011 11:28 am

AmericanHistoryX wrote:i understand but i prefer blair if we have to make room for him. Anyway - what positions has he covered to date with our horrendous injury toll in 2011?
Well unfortunately he was part of the toll I think you would of found that had Fulton would of played hooker if he had been fit when Robbie was doing it real tough with groin . Why can't we keep Both Blair and Fulton . Fulton has even played as half back in a challenge cup final in ESL and personally thought he was one of there best three that day

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Wed 18 May, 2011 11:33 am

point taken - but i prefer blair if we did have to make that choice - thats all!

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 18 May, 2011 11:36 am

AmericanHistoryX wrote:point taken - but i prefer blair if we did have to make that choice - thats all!
Well Fulton would not start of course But I want him in the 17

tiger4ever

Post by tiger4ever » Wed 18 May, 2011 9:37 pm

See happy im not the only one that doesnt seem to mind if he goes elsewhere if we have to unload a few players.Hes nothing special and where do you get 90%

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 18 May, 2011 9:45 pm

tiger4ever wrote:See happy im not the only one that doesnt seem to mind if he goes elsewhere if we have to unload a few players.Hes nothing special and where do you get 90%
From NRL stats Its worked off completed tackles to miss tackles At some stages of his career he has been over 95% (in a season) . Pretty sure in 2005 GF he missed 1 tackle out of 37 . Some people remember the clanger against Bulldogs they are few and far between . My point I made earlier in this or another thread if we buy Blair for overs (which it will be ) that we need to be able to have a solution for this possible outcome If Blair had a season ending injury in round 1 , do we have a good enough back up . If we lose both Gibbs and Fulton we won't simple as that . With Ellis struggling with injuries as well it is a huge gamble to flick both . Fulton can play 7 positions

tiger4ever

Post by tiger4ever » Wed 18 May, 2011 9:49 pm

Yeah well injuries you take a chance with look at marsahll and when we bought prince etc.

Not bad stats whats the average for a player in his position.Who said 7......you

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 18 May, 2011 9:56 pm

tiger4ever wrote:Yeah well injuries you take a chance with look at marsahll and when we bought prince etc.

Not bad stats whats the average for a player in his position.Who said 7......you
hooker ,second row x2 ,lock , Half back, five eight and centre at a push = 7 . But 2003 we could not attract a moth with a bug zapper . Now players want to come to the club . All I'm saying if it is possible we should do our damndest to keep them . Percentages obviously vary depending on the style of player T4E Probably high seventies to around Fultons level . Blairs is high 80's but his defensive workload is not as high as Fultons .

Suzie-Q

Post by Suzie-Q » Wed 18 May, 2011 10:03 pm

Granto87 wrote:Fulton and Heighno should swap, Liam is better in 13 as a ball player and runs great lines heighno quite often stutters our attack, swap them around and see how they go.
^This. Fulton always goes better at lock.

Balmain Bug

Post by Balmain Bug » Wed 18 May, 2011 10:10 pm

Fulton should be a ball playing lock. He is awesome.
Wests Tigers colours are Black, White & Orange. Balmain are Black & Orange. Wests Tigers are not Balmain. Please take note Wests Tigers CEO.

crouching_tiger

Post by crouching_tiger » Wed 18 May, 2011 10:22 pm

Fulton is a security back-up for Farah. Which is why WT don't require a 2nd hooker in their team which is what most other clubs go with. Farah is a 80min player and a secondary one on the bench is actually a wasted spot.
This allows Sheens to use a back on the bench(perhaps one such as Miller or Moltzen who can cover halves and outside backs positions).
Without any doubt, Fulton has the basic skillset to cover several positions if needed and punches well above his weight. He doesn't need to be a master of one trade, just a jack of all.
Fulton allows Sheens to work this squad outside the square to form a innovative type of team that may one day evolve the game slightly.
When Liam leaves again, he will be a very hard player to replace.
QUOTE WestsTigers:"Fitzhenry is a very experienced player and will assist in providing leadership to the younger players in the Wests Tigers squad"

QUOTE Tim Sheens:"We owe our fans an apology for that today"

QUOTE Stephen Humphreys:"it was important to secure Fifita for a longer period"

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 18 May, 2011 10:26 pm

Balmain Bug wrote:Fulton should be a ball playing lock. He is awesome.
Bug would you keep Fulton and Gibbs if we could fit them both under cap with Blair's signing also .