Kickoff: 7pm, Monday 6 June
Venue: Leichhardt Oval
Telecast: FoxSports2 LIVE
smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Lui has to be sacked cant tackle

Post by smeghead » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 5:07 pm

The thing is he can tackle. He showed that in the first part of the game. But when he is getting worked over and the backrower inside him won't step up and take the load it shows. He tires too quickly in defence yes but that can be worked on.

Dwyer is not up to the task of shielding a half from excessive workrate. Ellis and Payten are. This is the reality of our situation. Simon also has one line he runs and that is it. It works against a retreating or broken line but not in most situations. He is a brilliant impact player but being half arsed for 80 minutes isn't the right thing for the team.

Lui needs work but he is, in my opinion, a better balance for the attacking structure of the team when firing.

I think by far the biggest difference between this year and last apart from Ellis swapping sides is that we are trying to play with an extra half on the field. Moltz is not a line runner, not a fullback support runner and not playing halfback yet he tries to pl;ay half in combination with Marshall every week.

We need to give Lui a fair run with no Moltzen in the side or, if we have, on the bench. If that doesn't work we need to give Moltzen or Miller a chance without Lui in the side

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 5:08 pm

smeghead wrote:It's always interesting hearing what others think of the game.

There was a chap a few rows behind me in the LR Stans upper decks with more grease in his hair the our oil slick enducing ground announcer just giving it to Fulton the entire time he was on and also Lui but praising Moltzen for everything he did.
Sounds like someone who knew what he was talking about.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 5:09 pm

Had to make 26 tackles last night which is mind-boggling for a halfback. Thurston probably does half that.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 5:10 pm

smeghead wrote:It's always interesting hearing what others think of the game.

There was a chap a few rows behind me in the LR Stans upper decks with more grease in his hair the our oil slick enducing ground announcer just giving it to Fulton the entire time he was on and also Lui but praising Moltzen for everything he did.
Sounds familiar to a few on the forum Smeg

crouching_tiger

Post by crouching_tiger » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 5:45 pm

Watch the replay.
Lui is a repeat offender in letting the right side defence down. On several occassions last night he pushed up and in on the incorrect player when he should have stayed on his own opposing player leaving the WT one short out wide EVERY time.
Players tend to do this because it's an easy option out and aren't backing their own ability in defence. So they push in towards assisting a backrower or forward as opposed to pushing outside to take their OWN man or outside to assist their backs.
Stats are not the true tale.
His decision making is beginning to become sub-standard of what is required when under pressure. His little grubbers into the in-goals are not well enough weighted and do not give the outside backs any chance.
Lui is a massive liability..
QUOTE WestsTigers:"Fitzhenry is a very experienced player and will assist in providing leadership to the younger players in the Wests Tigers squad"

QUOTE Tim Sheens:"We owe our fans an apology for that today"

QUOTE Stephen Humphreys:"it was important to secure Fifita for a longer period"

tiger4ever

Post by tiger4ever » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 7:15 pm

Yossarian wrote:
tiger4ever wrote:yeah you could be right mate but its not the first time he did it against brisbane a pathetic shoulder charge against thaiday and it was near the touchline.....what do we wrap lui up in a bubble
Not in a bubble but he should be posted near Fulton or Ellis - i.e. one our better defenders. There were a lot of people who seemed unwilling and/or unable to tackle Thaiday that night including guys who should do a lot better. It wasn't until Gibbs came on and slammed him that he was finally brought under control.
Yes mate i agree but they havent done it week in week out have they.

angeman

Post by angeman » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 7:23 pm

some of the arm grabs were just terrible. that being said benji struggled defensively when he started so i'd say we persist with lui

crouching_tiger

Post by crouching_tiger » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 7:27 pm

Dwyers arm grabs are worse. As a forward, he has no excuse!!
Simmo needs work on his technique and get to the next level. Will be one hell of a footy player over the next 2-3 years.
QUOTE WestsTigers:"Fitzhenry is a very experienced player and will assist in providing leadership to the younger players in the Wests Tigers squad"

QUOTE Tim Sheens:"We owe our fans an apology for that today"

QUOTE Stephen Humphreys:"it was important to secure Fifita for a longer period"

Goose

Post by Goose » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 7:48 pm

crouching_tiger wrote:Dwyers arm grabs are worse. As a forward, he has no excuse!!
Simmo needs work on his technique and get to the next level. Will be one hell of a footy player over the next 2-3 years.
I think Dwyer is a decent defender most of time (but no gareth ellis), he does miss the occaisional tackle but normally makes pretty good contact, turning him to an 80 minute player, means a transition period where they are not qute ready, which leads to a few "fatigue errors", i reckon his development this year has been very good, he is a long way ahead of where i thought he'd by now.These injuries will prove to be a long term blessing in disguise, the develpment of dwyer, fifita and woods has been fast tracked.

blaming dwyer for lui's missed tackles is a myth, lui, has issues he needs to work on, as you'd expect from a bloke with less than 20 first grade games

citizen cub

Post by citizen cub » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 7:57 pm

Dreamers wrote:He is the worst half back in this competition ,he cant TACKLE ,when are they finally going to drop him ,he offers nothing for us ,he just walks around doing nothing ,SACK HIM ,

Another emotional, senseless rant from some bloke who hasn't a clue. Sure his defence does need work and I'm sure he knows that. To claim that he should be sacked is just a ridiculous proposition, I'm assuming you want Moltzen to play half-back, Moltzen hasn't performed greatly at all this season, mainly due to the horrific injury suffered last year.
With Wests in the finals, ANYTHING'S POSSIBLE

citizen cub

Post by citizen cub » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 8:00 pm

Have you considered how vital he is in our backline? There were a couple of games we've lost this season where he has been the standout. Without him, the backline would've been totally directionless at times. The Brisbane game and the second Souths game comes to mind.

Dreamers your dreaming!
With Wests in the finals, ANYTHING'S POSSIBLE

Dreamers

Post by Dreamers » Wed 08 Jun, 2011 5:49 pm

Citizen cub ,When you watch your next game of football try opening both eyes not just one ,you are the clueless one ,you are joking
Last edited by Dreamers on Wed 08 Jun, 2011 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

the one eyed tiger

Post by the one eyed tiger » Wed 08 Jun, 2011 6:19 pm

100% agree lui is very soft in defence ....timmy moltzen a better option or give the young kid miller ago

bigdamo

Post by bigdamo » Thu 09 Jun, 2011 4:53 pm

worst half in the nrl and our worst half since greg oliphant just cant tackle fullstop.

Centaur

Post by Centaur » Thu 09 Jun, 2011 5:44 pm

There seems to be an increasing number of users signing up just to shovel soil on Lui...

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 11 Jun, 2011 2:53 am

drummertim wrote:don't understand why the coaching staff don't listen to fans we all want moltzen at halfback and lui sacked and they refuse to listen to us, might as well not waste our breath!
quite easily the most rediculous most laughable post i have ever read on this forum.Perhaps any forum for that matter

Moh

Post by Moh » Sat 11 Jun, 2011 8:41 pm

^It's quite obviously the most sarcastic too.