degois made farah look average

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7pm, Monday 6 June
Venue: Leichhardt Oval
Telecast: FoxSports2 LIVE
Paris Cobbs

Re: degois made farah look average

Post by Paris Cobbs » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 2:22 am

Balmain Bug wrote:I dont agree that Cameron Smith is better than Robbie.

Robbie is better in every facet of the game.

Stats back up my argument.

Robbie Farah has set up twice as many tries in his career than Smith.
He has broken more tackles than Smith,
Scored more tries than Smith,
Missed less tackles than Smith,
Farah has made 3 times more line break assists than Smith,
More metres run than Smith,
More metres kicked than Smith,
Farah has almost made the same amount of tackles per game
AAAND !!! all this and he debuted in first grade much later than SMITH.

Who is better now ??
Robbie, of course. Onya BB, dazzle them with facts!
Cheering for the mighty Wests Tigers, all the way from France.

magpie mania

Post by magpie mania » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 6:35 am

happy tiger wrote:
tiger sean wrote:The forwards were disgraceful tonight and have been for most of the year.
No metres and a lot of dropped ball.
Imagine if Robbie and Benji actually played behind a dominant pack they would be unstoppable.

The most frustrating thing is in the finals last year we saw how effective our forward pack can be with the right attitude. If they don't pull their finger out soon this year will be over before it began
You have to be kidding in regards to Heighington ,Ellis and Keefy . They played their ringholes out

when keefy tried, he tried very hard but he didnt run it up enough.

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 7:38 am

Snake wrote:Farah is playing injured I noticed his posture when he bends to pick up a ball it stands out more when you see it live..
This excuse has been going on for years. He simply needs to rebuild his game. I have noticed that the hog kicks in the opposition 20 are getting less and less but they need to stop.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 7:57 am

cktiger wrote:Biggest problem tonight ( apart from Lui's defence ) was the amount of dropped ball - terrible again.
Why can''t our forwards hang on to the ball - when they do they make ground!
Too true CK. Woodsy was uncharacteristically clumsy tonight.
Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest!

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

you know who

Post by you know who » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 4:20 pm

Robbie had one blemish on his game when attempting the 40/20 in the dying stage of the game, luckily the pass from De-Gois wasnt that good and hit gidley in the head and he tried to catch but knocked on, if not for that, gidley looked certain to kick the winning field goal in normal time. We need a sharp shooter, its been mentioned on here before, if benji kicks all his goals then we wouldnt have been in this predicament.

tiger4ever

Post by tiger4ever » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 4:43 pm

In benjis defence we do score alot of tries in the corner and hes goalkicking is much better this year.

Robbie may be better then smith and was in 05 06 07 08 but wasnt given a real chance to cement a position at the highest level.

Melbourne have a much better 1 and 7 also and a forward pack that goes forward EVERY WEEK so its hard to compare.

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 4:47 pm

tiger tigers wrote:
glebe_tiger wrote:
tiger tigers wrote:well this is why farah cant crack it for origin .degois played him off a break tonight .....
de gois always plays at another level against his old club. he's a top player but he's no robbie. you're making out de gois was cameron smith's long lost twin tonight, he played well but not that well.
robbie wouldnt tie camerons shoes laces ......best hooker in the game ,,, best hooker ever to play the game .......

I don't know how old you are but you do not seem to know much about football and players. De Gois better than Farah, Smith the best hooker ever. You should stop drinking the kool-aid straight away.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 4:59 pm

One thing that last night proved once and for all is that regardless of how far out of square or offside markers are the reffs will not give Farah a penalty for catching them out. The Golden Point one was bad but when Farah got tackled by one of three markers it really made it clear the reffs position

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 5:13 pm

smeghead wrote:One thing that last night proved once and for all is that regardless of how far out of square or offside markers are the reffs will not give Farah a penalty for catching them out. The Golden Point one was bad but when Farah got tackled by one of three markers it really made it clear the reffs position
Yeah I've noticed that. Sheens needs to put on a whingefest about it every week until something happens. I know the refs hate penalties in GP but that one was pretty bad (I thought it was an outside back - Moltzen?). But happens every week. Blokes a metre to the side of the play the ball making tackles.

citizen cub

Post by citizen cub » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 7:53 pm

tiger tigers wrote:well this is why farah cant crack it for origin .degois played him off a break tonight .....

Can't agree with you there TT. Farah looked potent out of dummy-half all night, threw a couple of brilliant passes, set up 2 tries, made 42 tackles and kicked the match winning field goal. I don't know what game you were watching because Farah was arguably the difference between the two teams if you take into account his contributions at vital times, I'd almost consider his status as best player on the field unarguable.
With Wests in the finals, ANYTHING'S POSSIBLE

Goose

Post by Goose » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 7:57 pm

are you serious???

Robbie laid on 2 tries, kicked the winning field goal, made a heap of tackles and was good in the middle, helped get our forwards across the line all night by committing the markers.

De Gois, was pretty good, but seriously......

as a tigers fan being anti farah is like bagging Santa Claus

The Tooth

Post by The Tooth » Wed 08 Jun, 2011 10:39 am

citizen cub wrote:

Can't agree with you there TT. Farah looked potent out of dummy-half all night, threw a couple of brilliant passes, set up 2 tries, made 42 tackles and kicked the match winning field goal. I don't know what game you were watching because Farah was arguably the difference between the two teams if you take into account his contributions at vital times, I'd almost consider his status as best player on the field unarguable.
Hardly seen him make a dummy half run. He was fairly ineffective inside their 20. Took some poor options at critical times. The biggest one for me was when Lui was positioned perfectly for a field goal and Farah passed down the short side with a nothing play. That could have cost us the game right there.
I wouldn't swap him for anyone, but he was well below his usually high standard.

tiger tigers

Post by tiger tigers » Wed 08 Jun, 2011 4:58 pm

magpiecol wrote:
tiger tigers wrote:
glebe_tiger wrote:
de gois always plays at another level against his old club. he's a top player but he's no robbie. you're making out de gois was cameron smith's long lost twin tonight, he played well but not that well.
robbie wouldnt tie camerons shoes laces ......best hooker in the game ,,, best hooker ever to play the game .......

I don't know how old you are but you do not seem to know much about football and players. De Gois better than Farah, Smith the best hooker ever. You should stop drinking the kool-aid straight away.
LOL.. I JUST LOVE SEEING THE DIFFERENT REACTIONS ,,,, hey col id flog you off a break anytime .....

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Wed 08 Jun, 2011 5:20 pm

I watched the replay and apart from one good run DeGois spent most of the game sat on his arse as our forwards ran over him.

The differnce in dummy half running can be attributed to their excellent and determined line speed and our rubbish line speed in defence IMO

Balmain Bug

Post by Balmain Bug » Wed 08 Jun, 2011 8:01 pm

Farah is the best 9 I have ever seen. Cam Smith wishes he could do what Robbie does and has done.

Farah has the best stats of any hooker to have ever played the game and he is only half way through his career.

Farah's stats are simply unbelievable.
Wests Tigers colours are Black, White & Orange. Balmain are Black & Orange. Wests Tigers are not Balmain. Please take note Wests Tigers CEO.

cunno

Post by cunno » Wed 08 Jun, 2011 8:30 pm

I thought DeGois had it all over Farah when DeGois sat on his backside in the ruck after Heighno had to push him away so he could play the ball, whilst Farah kicked the winning field goal. Thanks Isaac good to see you looking after your old mates :righton:

Chris

Post by Chris » Thu 09 Jun, 2011 12:19 am

I think Cam Smith is the best hooker in the game but I also feel Robbie isn't too far behind him. I thought Robbie played really well against the Knights and if that 40/20 was an inch shorter everyone would be praising now. No denying that 2 try assists and the winning field goal is good enough to warrant any rugby league judge to think he played well.