Willow's match report and player review

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 2pm, Sunday 12 June
Venue: Mt Smart Stadium, Aukland
Telecast: Ch9 4PM LIVE
happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 41455
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm
Location: Watching Waiting Lurking

Re: Willow's match report and player review

Post by happy tiger » Tue 14 Jun, 2011 11:45 am

tiger05 wrote:
Nix wrote:To only give Moltzen 5/10 you must be having a laugh ????
Yep. The Willow report has gone down hill in a major way over the last couple of weeks. Two of the worst performers over the past 2 weeks have been rated highly (Robbie last week and McKinnon this week) and Moltzen keeps copping it.
If you think they are so bad Tiger05 don't read them Simple . Many of us enjoy them .


The Tooth
Member
Member
Posts: 600
Joined: Tue 18 Aug, 2009 12:30 pm

Post by The Tooth » Tue 14 Jun, 2011 12:55 pm

I thought Galloway was very good going forward when the game started to turn. Deserves a mention.

I'm a big Lui fan, but agree he is struggling in defense bad. We didn't need him in attack as it turned out either. Maybe his ball playing skills aren't critical to us and Moltzen would be a more reliable defender. I hate it when TIgers are injured but Lui having a week or 2 off might just give us all a chance to see Moltzen at 7 again.

I've had it with Brown, two handling errors in his first 2 touches and a horrible looking attempt at the bomb with 5 minutes to go that could have cost us the game. Simona looks much more reliable and dangerous.

User avatar
tiger05
Member
Member
Posts: 1649
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 9:02 pm

Post by tiger05 » Tue 14 Jun, 2011 1:55 pm

happy tiger wrote:
tiger05 wrote:
Nix wrote:To only give Moltzen 5/10 you must be having a laugh ????
Yep. The Willow report has gone down hill in a major way over the last couple of weeks. Two of the worst performers over the past 2 weeks have been rated highly (Robbie last week and McKinnon this week) and Moltzen keeps copping it.
If you think they are so bad Tiger05 don't read them Simple . Many of us enjoy them .
I am simply trying to provide some constructive feedback. Please note I only said the last two weeks. Maybe Willow has simply lost his touch for a small time period and his sensational reports will be back to the usual high level soon.

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 41455
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm
Location: Watching Waiting Lurking

Post by happy tiger » Tue 14 Jun, 2011 2:11 pm

tiger05 wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
tiger05 wrote:
Nix wrote:To only give Moltzen 5/10 you must be having a laugh ????
Yep. The Willow report has gone down hill in a major way over the last couple of weeks. Two of the worst performers over the past 2 weeks have been rated highly (Robbie last week and McKinnon this week) and Moltzen keeps copping it.
If you think they are so bad Tiger05 don't read them Simple . Many of us enjoy them .
I am simply trying to provide some constructive feedback. Please note I only said the last two weeks. Maybe Willow has simply lost his touch for a small time period and his sensational reports will be back to the usual high level soon.
As long as he keeps you satisfied and gives people rating that you think are right and not what he thinks are right .

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 29861
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Tue 14 Jun, 2011 2:31 pm

I told you back in 2010...ratings were a bad idea... ;) ;)

Great report mate keep up the good work
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen


User avatar
softlaw
Member
Member
Posts: 3721
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 9:43 pm
Location: The Monaro. South of Canberra.

Post by softlaw » Tue 14 Jun, 2011 2:51 pm

Thanks for your reports as always Willow.
Best read on this forum.
Madgic!

User avatar
underdog
Member
Member
Posts: 5324
Joined: Tue 27 Apr, 2010 5:25 pm
Location: Gold Coast

Post by underdog » Tue 14 Jun, 2011 3:02 pm

love the match reports willow - however i noticed you don't like to do them when we get beaten badly. I understand that, however I like reading opinion even when it's negative - Its kinda like tri's crystal ball dropping off the face of the earth when it was wrong for a few weeks in a row...

but as Softlaw has said, it is the best read on the forum, and I look forward to it after every game.



to keep little regular traditions like that moving forward, is there a way we cut/paste a couple of addiional thread templates into the match sub forums created?

e.g -

Round 15 - Wests Tigers vs Melbourne Storm

current sub threads:

Wests Tigers team discussion
Melbourne Storm team discussion

now, can we possibly add -

Your Team vs Melbourne Storm
Predicted score, crowd, and man of the match
Game Previews and discussion - e.g - nrl.com preview, foxsports preview, etc...
User contriubted Game Reviews - mostly for Willow for his chance to shine, however maybe give others a crack at it as well if people are gonna whinge and moan about willows reviews.
How will Sheens misuse Moltzen, Lui, Ryan and our bench this week? :mrgreen: - lol, not really.... i kid, i kid.

Anyways, just a thought...
Image

User avatar
willow
Member
Member
Posts: 33159
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: The Village

Post by willow » Tue 14 Jun, 2011 5:04 pm

Geo. wrote:I told you back in 2010...ratings were a bad idea... ;) ;)

Great report mate keep up the good work
Might do away with them given the controversy they are causing. People can make their own mind up at the end of the day.

User avatar
willow
Member
Member
Posts: 33159
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: The Village

Post by willow » Tue 14 Jun, 2011 5:07 pm

underdog wrote:love the match reports willow - however i noticed you don't like to do them when we get beaten badly. I understand that, however I like reading opinion even when it's negative - Its kinda like tri's crystal ball dropping off the face of the earth when it was wrong for a few weeks in a row...

but as Softlaw has said, it is the best read on the forum, and I look forward to it after every game.



to keep little regular traditions like that moving forward, is there a way we cut/paste a couple of addiional thread templates into the match sub forums created?

e.g -

Round 15 - Wests Tigers vs Melbourne Storm

current sub threads:

Wests Tigers team discussion
Melbourne Storm team discussion

now, can we possibly add -

Your Team vs Melbourne Storm
Predicted score, crowd, and man of the match
Game Previews and discussion - e.g - nrl.com preview, foxsports preview, etc...
User contriubted Game Reviews - mostly for Willow for his chance to shine, however maybe give others a crack at it as well if people are gonna whinge and moan about willows reviews.
How will Sheens misuse Moltzen, Lui, Ryan and our bench this week? :mrgreen: - lol, not really.... i kid, i kid.

Anyways, just a thought...
The forum can tend to meltdown occasionally after losses so I've refrained from doing the reports after losses as some people may see it as another opportunity to put the boot into player's if they have had a bad game. Criticism is always allowed as long as it's constructive criticism, but it can easily deviate away from that.

User avatar
tiger05
Member
Member
Posts: 1649
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 9:02 pm

Post by tiger05 » Tue 14 Jun, 2011 6:48 pm

happy tiger wrote:As long as he keeps you satisfied and gives people rating that you think are right and not what he thinks are right .
No - not true. He is entitled to his opinion. We can disagree on things. It doesn't bother me.

User avatar
softlaw
Member
Member
Posts: 3721
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 9:43 pm
Location: The Monaro. South of Canberra.

Post by softlaw » Tue 14 Jun, 2011 6:57 pm

you've made it quite clear tiger05 that you think Willow is talking rubbish because his opinion disagrees with your agenda.
Move on.
Your 15 minutes of fame is up.
Madgic!

User avatar
tiger05
Member
Member
Posts: 1649
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 9:02 pm

Post by tiger05 » Tue 14 Jun, 2011 7:13 pm

softlaw wrote:you've made it quite clear tiger05 that you think Willow is talking rubbish because his opinion disagrees with your agenda.
Move on.
Your 15 minutes of fame is up.
How did you get that from this.
tiger05 wrote:
happy tiger wrote:As long as he keeps you satisfied and gives people rating that you think are right and not what he thinks are right .
No - not true. He is entitled to his opinion. We can disagree on things. It doesn't bother me.
Anyway I've moved on. I think it is pretty obvious the discussion is over.

clontarfkid
Member
Member
Posts: 813
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 3:47 pm

Post by clontarfkid » Wed 15 Jun, 2011 5:22 pm

Actually,Willow is one of the few people on here that doesnt have an agenda,& calls it as he sees it,usually backed up by the stats.
I enjoy his reviews,but dont necessarily agree with them 100%.
Benji won the match for us,so a 7.5 is hardlly commensurate with that fact,altho he was asleep for 60 minutes.Maybe his rating was done by the minute?
Moltzen did little,so deserves his rating.He offers nothing at centre,& am totally unconvinced about fullback based on his performances.
McKinnon's missed tackles for a fullback were catastrophic as the last line of defence...he was a total statue.
Dwyer's criticism was deserved..Id rather lose him than Fifita or Gibbs to be honest..he just isnt improving.Cf his stats to Ellis.

User avatar
tiger05
Member
Member
Posts: 1649
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 9:02 pm

Post by tiger05 » Wed 15 Jun, 2011 5:44 pm

clontarfkid wrote: McKinnon's missed tackles for a fullback were catastrophic as the last line of defence...he was a total statue.
The funny thing is that no one seems to notice this. I seriously don't get it. I'm not trying to pick on Willow because he's not the only one but WIllow gave McKinnon 7 and Benji 7.5. There were plenty of punters putting McKinnon into our top 3 performers.

User avatar
willow
Member
Member
Posts: 33159
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: The Village

Post by willow » Wed 15 Jun, 2011 6:06 pm

tiger05 wrote:
clontarfkid wrote: McKinnon's missed tackles for a fullback were catastrophic as the last line of defence...he was a total statue.
The funny thing is that no one seems to notice this. I seriously don't get it. I'm not trying to pick on Willow because he's not the only one but WIllow gave McKinnon 7 and Benji 7.5. There were plenty of punters putting McKinnon into our top 3 performers.
Defensively he was poor yes, but he offers a lot more to the team in attack at fullback and his support play around the field is not to be underestimated, as there is a clear difference in the positioning and support play that McKinnon offers compared to Moltzen. Admittedly McKinnon is a specialist fullback who has had 10 years in the NRL, but if Moltzen is going to end up at fullback, he's going to have to do a lot of video work on how the top fullbacks play, as well as at training.

Post Reply