Bombs and Cross field kicks

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7.35pm Friday 5 August
Venue: Sydney Football Stadium
Telecast: Ch9
Black Orange White

Bombs and Cross field kicks

Post by Black Orange White » Sat 06 Aug, 2011 11:06 am

We are finally using them! I believe this will help our team A LOT, bombs and crossfield kicks are a way to kick when struggling, they take attention off running the ball and we can get some arsey tries from them! If we continue to use these kicks, we will win many more games.

tigergirlz

Post by tigergirlz » Sat 06 Aug, 2011 11:23 am

Yes! Was surprised to see Fulton as the go-to-man for the bomb. :D

alien

Post by alien » Sun 07 Aug, 2011 2:36 am

We still look shakey defending them.

jais tigez

Post by jais tigez » Sun 07 Aug, 2011 6:33 am

Every time someone puts a bomb up against us I close my eyes and look away!

Posted using RoarFEED
Manly Sea Eagles- crying and gang bashing their way to premiership glory.

prattenpark

Post by prattenpark » Sun 07 Aug, 2011 5:33 pm

jais tigez wrote:Every time someone puts a bomb up against us I close my eyes and look away!

Posted using RoarFEED
So does our fullback and any other Tigers player with 15 metres of the ball. :lol:

shano

Post by shano » Sun 07 Aug, 2011 9:08 pm

We have won the last 4 games on the back of some Benji brilliance and also mostly great set moves. IMO our kicking game is not as slick as the other top sides. Definitely not complaining, but I think we had many chances to win our games by more points but the last pass either didn't stick or our grubber kick was ineffective. We rarely use the bomb at all. I'd love to see a few more bombs during the remaining matches of the season because we will need it in the finals when the top sides will lift their defence to yet another level.

We all know how nervous we get when other teams use the bomb against us so we should return the favour occasionally. Bombs are a great way to either score easy points or get a repeat set from an opposition mistake. Hope to see more in the future.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sun 07 Aug, 2011 9:37 pm

tigergirlz wrote:Yes! Was surprised to see Fulton as the go-to-man for the bomb. :D
It looked as though Wade Mac (who also looked to be offside,) was meant to be the original target judging on the replays.

Not that I'm complaining, Fulton took it and scored which was fantastic. I'd like to see it a little more often.
#penaltyTigers

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Thu 11 Aug, 2011 8:20 am

Comes with better field position. You can use attacking kicks when you are in their half, not so much working the ball off our own line.

TripleB

Post by TripleB » Thu 11 Aug, 2011 9:00 am

larrycorowa wrote:Comes with better field position. You can use attacking kicks when you are in their half, not so much working the ball off our own line.
Very true, but even then our aim for an attacking kick seems to be for a repeat set rather than a try.

underdog

Post by underdog » Thu 11 Aug, 2011 11:58 am

our bombs as rarely as they are used seem to be successful - I remember the one Wade Mac scored against the warriors - It was him jumping against 4 warriors, and BAM he's in!

Cross-field kicks are different though - Farahs effort from dummy half against the broncos in the wet to put mitch brown in with 90 seconds on the clock was tremendous last year.

In all honesty I can remember any more than those ones..