ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7PM, Monday 29 August
Venue: Campbelltown Stadium
Telecast: FOX Sports 2 LIVE
barra

Re: Young forwards

Post by barra » Tue 30 Aug, 2011 10:02 am

stryker wrote:
izotope wrote:Wowee what a game from those 3. Groat especially showed some good aggression

Posted using RoarFEED
He has good aggression in him. The Titans fired up for a 10 minute spell and he recieved some heavy attention. Instead of going into his shell as you would expect when a young bloke is copping it off seasoned professionals, he went the other way and started belting people.

Really like his style.
Yep! One to watch, already playing beyond his years.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Tue 30 Aug, 2011 10:15 am

They were all good. BMM was causing all sorts of trouble out wide which gave Marshall a few options (go himself, pass to BMM, throw to the winger). Groat keeps get better. He's starting to really pump those legs and push the line back. Woods is just the unsung hero of the year. The guy has an absolutely super season - his workload is fantastic. You'd swear he's a veteran in his late 20s rather than a young prop starting out. Credit has to go to the club for developing him the way they have.

tigerbenji

Post by tigerbenji » Tue 30 Aug, 2011 10:33 am

Like him or not this is where Sheens excells with young blokes the way he brings them along, & next year Groat, Woods, & BMM will be even better. Well done Shifty.

underdog

Post by underdog » Tue 30 Aug, 2011 12:13 pm

Woods looked dominant and aggresive against a fairly good Titans Pack last night.

Seeing him bust through the line was also tremendous.

He's a bonafide star.

whoneedstherapy

Post by whoneedstherapy » Tue 30 Aug, 2011 12:17 pm

I'm actually looking forward to our pack next year, pardon the pun!

Danos

Post by Danos » Tue 30 Aug, 2011 12:20 pm

It was a powerhouse display from Woodsy.. I noticed he wasn't appealing to the ref like he's been doing after every single play-the-ball since he's come into grade, maybe Sheens had a word with him. A sign of things to come from this young bloke, very strong up front.

Groat is coming along well, most impressive part of his game so far is his defence. Always up on his toes, good aggresion and great body language from marker.

Murdoch is obviously short on match fitness which is to be expected considering his build and lack of football over the past two years. But a terrific prospect and last night showed glimpses of his true potential.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Tue 30 Aug, 2011 12:24 pm

Woods and Groat always went looking for Bailey, White and co.

I think Sheens told them they had a chance to prove themselves against a veteran front row and to have at it basically.

That and the fact that Folkes shifted to defensive co-ordinator were very telling things out of last nights match

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 30 Aug, 2011 1:07 pm

Woods has been nothing short of a standout this year. He has a mistake or two in him, but he still has a long while to develop and showing maturity as a player well above his years. Playing near on the full season in FG has done wonders for his motor as well.

I believe Groat will be the revelation next season, looks to be following the same path as Woodsy.
And she's turning cold, at fifteen years old,
Taken too much slow, minds gone out to sea on the P&O,
Don't know what to do, rotten shade of blue,
Another case of "stupid is as stupid does..."

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Tue 30 Aug, 2011 1:15 pm

BMM bent the line really well. Just what we need...some impact off the bench. Woods best game ever and Groat is starting to look like part of the furniture.

The Shiraz Tiger

Post by The Shiraz Tiger » Tue 30 Aug, 2011 2:57 pm

All forwards were outstanding last night. The young blokes especially. Some good hard yards. Great to see Galloway taking on a more senior role. I recall Sheens saying when Galloway first came to the Tigers that everyone forgets that he was only in his early 20's and that props don't really come into their best form until late 20's to 30's. Now you can see him coming on and taking a lead role for the younger ones. Fantastic to see strength right across the park last night. A lot of enthusiasm in the pack.

Goose

Post by Goose » Tue 30 Aug, 2011 3:13 pm

I think they got it right with the front rowers in terms of retention, Gibbs as good as he has been, has earnt a pay rise at cronulla we could not match, he will be reasonably well replaced in time by the young guys coming through who showed last night they have massive futures.
BMM will be better again next year, it is tough for big young guys when they miss the off season, and I think he is finally coming good showing us what we can expect next year with a full off season.

I also was very happy with Flannagan last night, I was thinking last night, every time he has been given a chance he has never let us down, he has been a good "depth" buy for the last 2 years.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 30 Aug, 2011 3:23 pm

Goose wrote:I think they got it right with the front rowers in terms of retention, Gibbs as good as he has been, has earnt a pay rise at cronulla we could not match, he will be reasonably well replaced in time by the young guys coming through who showed last night they have massive futures.
BMM will be better again next year, it is tough for big young guys when they miss the off season, and I think he is finally coming good showing us what we can expect next year with a full off season.

I also was very happy with Flannagan last night, I was thinking last night, every time he has been given a chance he has never let us down, he has been a good "depth" buy for the last 2 years.
Was very impressed with BMM, given he is severely short of a gallop. He stood up to it very well.
And she's turning cold, at fifteen years old,
Taken too much slow, minds gone out to sea on the P&O,
Don't know what to do, rotten shade of blue,
Another case of "stupid is as stupid does..."

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Tue 30 Aug, 2011 6:58 pm

I liked what I saw from BMM. He was a real handful on the edges.

Woods played his best game in FG. For a 1st season player, he is pretty consistent in regards to effort and performance. Has some rookie errors that show themselves every now and again but clearly a very good prospect.

Groat I have liked too. Not as comfortable as Woods with the pace yet, but doesn't look out of place either.

smudge

Post by smudge » Tue 30 Aug, 2011 8:45 pm

Danos wrote:It was a powerhouse display from Woodsy.. I noticed he wasn't appealing to the ref like he's been doing after every single play-the-ball since he's come into grade, maybe Sheens had a word with him. A sign of things to come from this young bloke, very strong up front.
Agree 100%.

Hope he saw what happened when Meade (I think) had his arms up having a whinge at marker when Benji scooted down the left hand side for the first try. Doesn't matter if it's defending on your own line or at half way, lose concentration for a second at marker and you can pay dearly.

Edit: Had my canaries mixed up with my honey wine
Last edited by smudge on Tue 30 Aug, 2011 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cunno

Post by cunno » Tue 30 Aug, 2011 9:01 pm

The 3 young blokes aimed up, agree with the comment that Sheens gave them extra time in prep for upcoming games. I walked past Groat at the shops last saturday and was surprised by his size, don't know how he runs! Woods really is starting to develop well and BMM should pick up once he gains fitness.