ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7:30 PM, Friday 9 September
Venue: ANZ Stadium
Telecast: Ch 9 LIVE
Cultured Bogan

Re: Members to turn ANZ Stadium into a Tigers fortress

Post by Cultured Bogan » Fri 09 Sep, 2011 7:40 am

alien wrote:
Craig_D wrote:How negative are some people on here??!!!!!! To call some of the work 'lame' is just downright rude!! Atleast they actually showed up and gave it a go!! I was there with my 2 kids and was extremely excited and proud of the work that the tigers members done.. It's just a pity that more members didn't get out and show their support instead of hiding behind their keyboards mocking the people who actually put in some effort!!
I'm pretty sure the players will appreciate the work - GO THE TIGERS
exactly. most of the banners were probably done by kids.

besides... not all banners can be masterpieces like my C'MON WESTS banner 8-)
Those banners are far better than anything I could have produced myself. Good on the members and their kids getting out there and having a go. Hope the kids had a blast.
And the sky is filled with light, can you see it?
And the black is really white, if you believe it.
And the longing that you feel, you know none of this is real;
You will find a better place, in this twilight...

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Fri 09 Sep, 2011 5:28 pm

All helps tpo create an atmosphere...well done to all concerned, Im sure it'll help make it feel like home....and its hard to do quality work when its rushed....but that all looks pretty damned good to me.

jais tigez

Post by jais tigez » Fri 09 Sep, 2011 5:31 pm

Top effort guys n girls looks great

Posted using RoarFEED
Manly Sea Eagles- crying and gang bashing their way to premiership glory.

cunno

Post by cunno » Sat 10 Sep, 2011 7:52 pm

I was fortunate enough to be seated at the game last night where I had a good view of the handy work done by the Wests Tigers members/supporters and their kids in terms of the posters, banners and flags on display, they looked great looking across from the western side, again well done to all those responsible and go the mighty Wests Tigers :sign: :supporter: ;)

tigergirlz

Post by tigergirlz » Sat 10 Sep, 2011 7:57 pm

Yeah. Sitting near the decorations and they worked. Was dubious in such a big arena but it definitely gave the area a big Tigers feel. Well done!! Wish I could have taken time off to help.

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Sat 10 Sep, 2011 9:22 pm

So proud of the guys, It looked great .

Ps there's something on you guys on NRL.com in the Videos section.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Sun 11 Sep, 2011 1:20 pm

Was listening to MMM in the car yesterday and they reffered to Robbie with a beard as "The Lebanese Bushranger" there surely is a banner in that

alien

Post by alien » Tue 13 Sep, 2011 7:29 pm

so did the fans that made these signs get them back after the game??? i hope to see them all held up on friday night

cunno

Post by cunno » Tue 13 Sep, 2011 7:33 pm

alien wrote:so did the fans that made these signs get them back after the game??? i hope to see them all held up on friday night
Good point Alien, hate to see all that hard work go to waste, will be interested to read the answer. The Lebanese Bushranger (Farah) :lol: nice one Smeg, hope he holds up the warriors and robs them of a win (with assistance from his fellow bushrangers camouflaged in black white and orange of course) :)

markotiger

Post by markotiger » Tue 13 Sep, 2011 11:45 pm

nope they were all BINNED!

my banner was by far one of the biggest made on the day and no one ever asked me if i wanted to take it home after the match.

alien

Post by alien » Wed 14 Sep, 2011 3:20 am

markotiger wrote:nope they were all BINNED!

my banner was by far one of the biggest made on the day and no one ever asked me if i wanted to take it home after the match.
:shock: well thats stupid

cunno

Post by cunno » Wed 14 Sep, 2011 7:00 am

alien wrote:

:shock: well thats stupid
Yes it is a pity they were the sort of thing that could have been used regularly and added to.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 14 Sep, 2011 8:11 am

Did you even get an opportunity to ask whether you could keep them?
And the sky is filled with light, can you see it?
And the black is really white, if you believe it.
And the longing that you feel, you know none of this is real;
You will find a better place, in this twilight...

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

stryker

Post by stryker » Wed 14 Sep, 2011 12:09 pm

smeghead wrote:Was listening to MMM in the car yesterday and they reffered to Robbie with a beard as "The Lebanese Bushranger" there surely is a banner in that
:lol: that beard is a shocker isnt it? needs a damned good trim!

markotiger

Post by markotiger » Wed 14 Sep, 2011 4:28 pm

To be honest i wasnt really interested in keeping mine because i made it from a plastic disposable table cover, so it was very flimsy.

The rest of the smaller banners and signs were painted on old unused coca cola advertisements.

alien

Post by alien » Wed 14 Sep, 2011 6:43 pm

markotiger wrote:To be honest i wasnt really interested in keeping mine because i made it from a plastic disposable table cover, so it was very flimsy.

The rest of the smaller banners and signs were painted on old unused coca cola advertisements.
i think some of those banners were taken. i can see one of them coke advertisements in this video from after the Wests v st.george illawarra game:

markotiger

Post by markotiger » Thu 15 Sep, 2011 12:17 pm

alien wrote:
markotiger wrote:To be honest i wasnt really interested in keeping mine because i made it from a plastic disposable table cover, so it was very flimsy.

i think some of those banners were taken. i can see one of them coke advertisements in this video from after the Wests v st.george illawarra game:
Hate to be behind one of those at a game!

But I'm def going to be discussing things about banners and things with Brett in a weeks time. I would love to see more at games.

TIGERDAVIS

Post by TIGERDAVIS » Fri 20 Jan, 2012 12:35 pm

markotiger wrote:But I'm def going to be discussing things about banners and things with Brett in a weeks time. I would love to see more at games.

How did that work out?? I hope there are a lot more opportunities to do it. Certainly a great initiative plus it looked AWESOME!!!! :sign:
GO THE MIGHTY WESTS TIGERS!!

Ready to roar like never before. Bring on 2012!