Wasn't this figure based on a post involving a five year deal with the Broncos? I'd imagine it's 2.5m over 5 years. Half a mil a season is chicken feed for the success he brings clubs.
I support them, they're our state cup side.
And no, as an old Balmain fan, I don't care that they are the Magpies. Our kids graduate through there, our top 30 fringe players play there, it's our club.
If you can't back your winger to take a short drop out then what's he taking the field for? It's pretty basic prerequisite now for wingers to be able to compete for short drop outs.
So what if they didn't see the inside of a gaol cell? They're still degenerates and the Roosters aren't above signing blokes with checkered pasts as long as they suit the clubs plans. Michael Jennings is another, bashed and raped his wife. Didn't see the inside of a cell, bloody well should have...
Everyone always says he's arsey but I'd argue if you're arsey the luck runs out at some point, it never does for him.
Easts will be much poorer without him next year.