2009 Magpies Heritage Strip

galahs

New member
Joined
Jul 13, 2009
Messages
990
Location
NSW
Wests Tigers will be wearing the Magpies heritage strip for the Manly clash to fulfill the "Fibros vs Silvertail" clash.

I haven't seen any of these on sale anywhere. Anyone know where you can purchase them?
 

alien

New member
Joined
Jul 10, 2009
Messages
8,966
@galahs said:
Wests Tigers will be wearing the Magpies heritage strip for the Manly clash to fulfill the "Fibros vs Silvertail" clash.

I haven't seen any of these on sale anywhere. Anyone know where you can purchase them?

have you checked rebel sport???
 

Balmain_Bug

New member
Joined
Jul 12, 2009
Messages
2,484
At the start of the year I am pretty sure the club said they would not be distributing the Black and white Magpies one as they would be player issue only. (I think this was due to the fact that they already had 4 jersey's on sale this year and any more would be conceived as a rip off to consumers.)

We always seem to play well in it. Especially the guys from the Maggies side of the JV.
 

alex

New member
Joined
Jul 12, 2009
Messages
3,748
Location
Haberfield
Gunna be so good seeing Skando in that jersey again!

Just for the record, how many times have we played in the black main jersey this year? If my memory serves correctly:

White jersey: Rd 1 V Raiders, 2 V Cowboys, 3 V Roosters, 11 V Broncos, 14 V Eels, 15 V Storm, 20 V Raiders
Orange jersey: Rd 4 V Panthers, 5 V Manly, 6 V Storm, 8 V Bulldogs, 12 V Warriors, 13 V Panthers, 17 V Souths, 19 V Cowboys
Black jersey: Rd 7 V Knights, 16 V Dragons
Balmain jersey: Rd 10 V Souths

I'm liking the white jerseys. Good win ratio in them! Plus the V is back(ish), something I love on jerseys.
 

Geo

Moderator
Staff member
Forum Leader
Joined
Jul 10, 2009
Messages
47,712
Location
Campbelltown NSW..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eH7-pkatTM&feature=related

Geez I hope they pull on the Magpies jumper with pride this week….

Can't stop thinking of Tommy and his diatribe on Origin a few years back...

Tommy 'come on boz we gotta get some mongrel back if we want to give it to these Queenslanders....Just like we used to give it to the Poms'

Fulton 'that was 20 years ago'

Ray 'your not suggesting they take matters into there own hands are you Tom'

Tommy 'If they wanna win I do Yeeeah'
 

Don_Brodga

New member
Joined
Jul 28, 2009
Messages
68
@Balmain Bug said:
At the start of the year I am pretty sure the club said they would not be distributing the Black and white Magpies one as they would be player issue only. (I think this was due to the fact that they already had 4 jersey's on sale this year and any more would be conceived as a rip off to consumers.)

We always seem to play well in it. Especially the guys from the Maggies side of the JV.

Please. We've been hammered whenever we wear it, bar one game against NQ in 2005\. The reason it isn't being distributed is because it simply doesn't sell. Rebel Sport always have massive numbers of them left at the end of the year and have to sell them for nearly 70% off.
 

Balmain_Bug

New member
Joined
Jul 12, 2009
Messages
2,484
@Don Brodga said:
@Balmain Bug said:
At the start of the year I am pretty sure the club said they would not be distributing the Black and white Magpies one as they would be player issue only. (I think this was due to the fact that they already had 4 jersey's on sale this year and any more would be conceived as a rip off to consumers.)

We always seem to play well in it. Especially the guys from the Maggies side of the JV.

Please. We've been hammered whenever we wear it, bar one game against NQ in 2005\. The reason it isn't being distributed is because it simply doesn't sell. Rebel Sport always have massive numbers of them left at the end of the year and have to sell them for nearly 70% off.

I can only remember one loss in the Wests Jumper. Can you show me what losses you mean?
 

Don_Brodga

New member
Joined
Jul 28, 2009
Messages
68
@innsaneink said:
LOL…yeh, its the jerseys fault we lost.
This place is full of dropkicks

Yeah thats what I said, we would've won those games in anything else :unamused:

Of course wearing that jersey didn't cost us, but saying we go well in it is just as a ridiculous statement.
 

innsaneink

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 10, 2009
Messages
38,005
Location
...ahead of you....
@Don Brodga said:
@innsaneink said:
LOL…yeh, its the jerseys fault we lost.
This place is full of dropkicks

Yeah thats what I said, we would've won those games in anything else :unamused:

Of course wearing that jersey didn't cost us, but saying we go well in it is just as a ridiculous statement.

Yep, basically what you said.

We've been hammered whenever we wear it, bar one game against NQ in 2005.

Makes me laugh when I see your type STILL fighting after 10 years…acceptance makes it easier. :laughing:
 

Balmain_Bug

New member
Joined
Jul 12, 2009
Messages
2,484
@Don Brodga said:
@innsaneink said:
LOL…yeh, its the jerseys fault we lost.
This place is full of dropkicks

Yeah thats what I said, we would've won those games in anything else :unamused:

Of course wearing that jersey didn't cost us, but saying we go well in it is just as a ridiculous statement.

Why is it a ridiculous statement. I am not saying that the jersey makes us play well. I am saying that when we have worn it we have won, alot.
 

Don_Brodga

New member
Joined
Jul 28, 2009
Messages
68
@Balmain Bug said:
@Don Brodga said:
@innsaneink said:
LOL…yeh, its the jerseys fault we lost.
This place is full of dropkicks

Yeah thats what I said, we would've won those games in anything else :unamused:

Of course wearing that jersey didn't cost us, but saying we go well in it is just as a ridiculous statement.

Why is it a ridiculous statement. I am not saying that the jersey makes us play well. I am saying that when we have worn it we have won, alot.

But we haven't…
 

Gobbs

New member
Joined
Jul 13, 2009
Messages
442
Location
Prairiewood
People…..it's a freakin' jersey. Get over it! Don, your raving on like the strip is made of kryptonite and affects performance. Build a bridge champ. To appease yourself, perhaps take some orange cellophane to the game and look through it to drown out the horrible black and white you so strongly detest :unamused:
 

Centaur

New member
Joined
Jul 12, 2009
Messages
1,594
I am definately keeping my eye out for the guy with orange cellophane on Monday night…
 

Andrew

New member
Joined
Jul 12, 2009
Messages
112
Perhaps a set of these will suffice.

![](http://www.hauntyourhome.com/images_product/large/Elope/S42732.jpg)
 

Don_Brodga

New member
Joined
Jul 28, 2009
Messages
68
@Gobbs said:
People…..it's a freakin' jersey. Get over it! Don, your raving on like the strip is made of kryptonite and affects performance. Build a bridge champ. To appease yourself, perhaps take some orange cellophane to the game and look through it to drown out the horrible black and white you so strongly detest :unamused:

Again, dope. I have never said wearing that jumper is what cost us. I'm simply correcting someone for their incorrect assumption. We got spanked by Manly in it last year, Canberra and Saints beat us in it aswell.

Again, I know a few of you have probably had a few too many moonshines but I'll say it one more time

THE JERSEY HAS NOT LOST US ANY GAMES!!!!!!

But show me when we have performed well with it.
 
Top