2022 Forum Update

hobbo1

Is anyone else randomly getting "page not found" errors when navigating to the site for the first time? (eg. clicking on the link in your favourites or a desktop shortcut, or typing it into the url bar)

Every so often I get a page response that's just blank, as if the site never existed.

Anyone else getting that?
Nah mate all good for me !
Q : how many points has @PJ got left ?

balmain boy

I'm pleased to share this screenshot of the server load over the past week.

It shows that the effort put into the forum hardware and software update over Christmas has paid dividends.

View attachment 354

This graph shows server load over the last 7 days.
When the number gets above 2.0, then things will begin to slow down. The greater the load is beyond 2.0, the more unresponsive the site becomes and it's exponential.

As you can see the load never really challenged our new server, generally peaking at around 0.6

I am very pleased to see this result as it validates the effort put into migrating to new software and hardware.

I hope you've all seen and experienced the benefits of the recent big update. There are some missing features that you've asked for that I'm working on, please stand by on those.
Any updates on the missing features Kul?

FinestTigers

It seems like there is a major system glitch in the WTF,
Members PM's are being displayed on the main page under the latest profile posts.

(Text has been omitted for member protection of privacy)
IMG_20220527_132614.jpg

The Loud Drum

It seems like there is a major system glitch in the WTF,
Members PM's are being displayed on the main page under the latest profile posts.

(Text has been omitted for member protection of privacy)
View attachment 1219
I have a feeling I’ll be seeing you on a current affair in the future after loosing your life savings helping a wrongfully disposed Zimbabwean Prince.

FinestTigers

Is it just me or has anyone elae noticed the download/upload speed performance of the forum seems slower than when it came back online after the last big update?

Krammy

Welcome to the big update for 2022.

A lot of work, planning and money has gone into this update, but it will be worth it!

I know that there's been a bit of change lately, but this update and the effort that's been put in has been made entirely in response to your feedback.
Now everything will work as you expect it to!

First of all, here are the things that need to be said:
  1. Posts, Threads and accounts have all been upgraded. But if you haven't logged into the forum within the last three months, your password has been reset. If this is you, then please use the "reset my password" link. Most avatars have been upgraded but some failed; if this was you, I'm sorry.
  2. Private Messages has been completely overhauled, so unfortunately any existing messages were left behind.
  3. Some historic posts and quotes had some issues during the upgrade. I've tried to manually clean these up where I could.

In the coming days you'll also see some people promoted to a Forum Leaders group. This group's purpose is to support, inform and, when required, challenge the moderators in a collaborative way, and its in direct response to the feedback received from you all over the last 12 months.

Most of all, you should already see that this update is significantly faster and better.

This is because it's on brand new server infrastructure, using the latest forum software and the result of months of hard work in the background.
Please enjoy it :)

and go those mighty Wests Tigers!
Thank you to everyone involved. Can't wait till our on-field fortunes turn around and we get lots of positive posts.