2023 Expectations

My expectations are low unfortunately because even though we have 2 good acquisitions in Api and Paps (the best since Ellis imo), i doubt that will be enough to make us a potential top 8 side,we need 1-2 starting experienced meatheads preferably with impact and at least 1 decent centre.We also have to keep Hastings.
A lot of players to be found and at this stage we are coming up empty

It Api is fit and hungry it could be a game changer.

Just thinking that we were very competitive when Grant was here and even Liddle when he played well.

Api is better.

The game revolves around edge backrower these days who can also cover their halves defensively. Paps could take alot of pressure of Brooks and co and maybe was the main consideration when signed.

Roosters and Bulldogs get done for salary cap rorts. Both teams have all competitions points deducted at the end of the year and fined $200k and to get under the cap for 2024 they're forced to pay WT $100k each to offload Kickacow and Tedesco to us. 😴

Roosters and Bulldogs get done for salary cap rorts. Both teams have all competitions points deducted at the end of the year and fined $200k and to get under the cap for 2024 they're forced to pay WT $100k each to offload Kickacow and Tedesco to us. 😴
I’m flat tbh. I’ll have a think about expectations after Christmas when there’s an idea of the top 17?
Tell us about your avatar? Is he the guy who led the dirty reds strike?

That I will continue to be apalled by the ineptness of this club.
Another departing player to stab us in the back again.
Sheens to fall of his zimmer frame whilst telling us it'll be another three years before we can expect success after telling us that rthis year.

That I will continue to be apalled by the ineptness of this club.
Another departing player to stab us in the back again.
Sheens to fall of his zimmer frame whilst telling us it'll be another three years before we can expect success after telling us that rthis year.
I noticed that too Mickey, it was 3 years last year. Was expecting that 3 year time frame to reduce, but it’s always the same. 😓

I noticed that too Mickey, it was 3 years last year. Was expecting that 3 year time frame to reduce, but it’s always the same. 😓
It was always next year in our hearts but after 10 + years of that the club decided to extend that mantra of forlorn hope out a bit just to crush our souls a little more.

Our forwards can't match it with the better packs in a one on one, belt up grind fest.
Expecting so much more ball movement
with players pushing up and supporting the ball carrier to help get us over the advantage line, instead of the useless one out wasted tackles were doing now.

I’m flat tbh. I’ll have a think about expectations after Christmas when there’s an idea of the top 17?
Tell us about your avatar? Is he the guy who led the dirty reds strike?
Mate I thought I'd change it for a while in memory of another cousin of mine, Christopher McKivat.
A Rugby Union and Rugby League International.
Wallabies captain, won Olympic gold medal and captained the Kangaroos in 1911-12.
Also Coached North Sydney Bears to premiers in 1921-22.
So I have Norm and Peter Provan and Chris McKivat as cousins, both on dads side. I would have loved to have met Chris.

More cap routing
20 forward passes per game , none picked up by refs
6 again driving us nuts
rub of the green for top half teams only
refs make big mistakes and costs low placed teams games
Tigers finish top 10 in 2023
Tigers Sign Appi and Pappi. Both qty first grader
all other signings are basement buys , no other big names arrive

Mate I thought I'd change it for a while in memory of another cousin of mine, Christopher McKivat.
Wallabies captain, won Olympic gold medal and captained the Kangaroos in 1911-12.
So I have Norm and Peter Provan and Chris McKivat as cousins, both on dads side. I would have loved to have met Chris.
You left out the most important part of McKivat’s CV ... he coached Wests in 1928 👍

Very interesting, I don’t know much of that era or the players, your cousin Christopher McKivat would have played during the Frank Burge era, post WW1?
Gosh mate, you’ve come from a very impressive gene pool. Rugby League is in your blood. 👍

Hopefully an improvement on 2022 results.

Hoping WT are able to snare an experienced hard nose prop or two.

Interesting to see if Brooks stays or goes in 2023.

I hope WT play a more expansive game and incorporate second phase plays.

I don't see a top 8 finish for 2023.

I think the headlines might be;
Tigers turnaround with new coaching team
Playing an exciting brand of attacking football
Defence amazing
How long can they keep this up
CoE acclaimed for more professional attitude
Sheens saying that all we want to do is entertain and will let results take care of themselves
The revitalised WT the talk of the league
Lee states that this what we have been waiting for
Pascoe nominated for CEO of the year
Tiger crowds up with 18,000 at CS last Sunday
Now I’m going to take some more drugs.
Further updates to follow.
Go Tigers

I think we'll have an improved season but I have absolutely no idea where we'll end up. there's a lot of movement still to be done in the player market with both incomings and outgoings.

probably best to wait and see what happens with our squad in the next couple of months before working out what comes next.

Back