OFFICIAL 2023 Top 30 / Ins and Outs

Yep, 28/30 spots filled at the moment (as per first post in this thread).

No collective bargaining agreement yet, I read an article recently saying they’re apparently drawing closer though.

Genuinely embarrassing that it’s taken this long though.
The NRL financial year started a month ago and clubs still don’t know what the cap is for the current season.
Insanity.
You can't ever accuse anyone at the NRL at being competent .....I still think Super League has a lot to do with it ...the NRL is still fearful of another player revolt

We have about 20 maybe's still at the moment ...... before we become a premiership contender ...unfortunately that is the reality
They're also part of the group who the RLPA want to give a pay rise. And thats ok but it does seem more like a question for accounting rather than collective bargaining? I cant understand why the RLPA is happy to agitate and drag this out in order to put more pressure on PVL, Abdo Fox et al.

They're also part of the group who the RLPA want to give a pay rise. And thats ok but it does seem more like a question for accounting rather than collective bargaining? I cant understand why the RLPA is happy to agitate and drag this out in order to put more pressure on PVL, Abdo Fox et al.
As I said in another post I wonder how much the Super League war effects both the NRL and the RLPA in the decisions they agitate for and make

The players don't get what they want and next thing it is revolt .....and NRL shudders and remembers the past

In my opinion the players only say they care about the game when it might involve them getting some more money ...when the NRL says they have to earn that money through getting involved off field .....it becomes another matter

As I said in another post I wonder how much the Super League war effects both the NRL and the RLPA in the decisions they agitate for and make

The players don't get what they want and next thing it is revolt .....and NRL shudders and remembers the past

In my opinion the players only say they care about the game when it might involve them getting some more money ...when the NRL says they have to earn that money through getting involved off field .....it becomes another matter
Yeah 80% of the players are full of it. Some good players who do work off the field. Most of the players however don't care one bit, they just want more cash. No way would I trust the players to hold up there end of the bargain in an agreement.

Yes, a player on $800k arguing that being on the tools is more financially rewarding is not all that convincing. But if it came to a trade-off for not building the numbers of useless admin staff, then sure lets give the players a bigger slice. The minimum wage is now $48k, so a professional footy player should not be earning less.

Centre seems the position that will have most competition for. With 7 or 8 players trying to fit into two positions.

Looking forward to see how Josh Feldy, Junior Tupou & Triston Reilly develop this season. All are centres with potential.

I like Naden at centre. Halfway through the 2023 season it will be interesting see if any of the young outside backs can cement the other centre position in the starting side.
Or if Asu Kepaoa and Starford To'a have improved enough to keep it.
A.D and Talau are other options but it's most likely they will be used elsewhere in the side.

taking a wild punt on the last three spots.

27. Bateman
28. Williams
30. Justin Matamua.. promoted to Top30. Other junior takes the spare Dev spot.
* would love a class spine player taking the last spot. Please Santa.

Dreamteam options:
27. Nanai
28. Moses
30. Teddy/ Crichton/ Manu
My dream team would include:)
30 Manu
29 J H-W/Fanua-Blake/F-H/Saifiti
28 Crichton/Murray/Yeo
27 Tedesco/Ponga
26 Moses

Last edited:
Centre seems the position that will have most competition for. With 7 or 8 players trying to fit into two positions.

Looking forward to see how Josh Feldy, Junior Tupou & Triston Reilly develop this season. All are centres with potential.

I like Naden at centre. Halfway through the 2023 season it will be interesting see if any of the young outside backs can cement the other centre position in the starting side.
Or if Asu Kepaoa and Starford To'a have improved enough to keep it.
A.D and Talau are other options but it's most likely they will be used elsewhere in the side.

I am thinking sheens may play Staines in the centres , as he will want pace

Last year we signed a handy prop in Christian Ma'anaima from the Knights.
I wonder what's happened to him?

Define handy mate?? Nobody had ever heard of him and we still haven’t? Another WT head scratcher??
Cheers Baggers. I'm going to bring this up again in another thread along with some others that I think we should watch closely their development. I'll tag you for your comments 👍

Cheers Baggers. I'm going to bring this up again in another thread along with some others that I think we should watch closely their development. I'll tag you for your comments 👍
Serious question though. We seem to sign some left field players to long term deals. Hopefully Sheens has a better hit rate than our past recruitment gurus.

Serious question though. We seem to sign some left field players to long term deals. Hopefully Sheens has a better hit rate than our past recruitment gurus.

Sheens signed some absolute shockers in the past,some on big money.Like everybody else he get's some right and some wrong

My dream team would include:)
30 Manu
29 J H-W/Fanua-Blake/F-H/Saifiti
28 Crichton/Murray/Yeo
27 Tedesco/Ponga
26 Moses
Said that your dreams include that tanker Moses, if I am dreaming I’d have a Cleary or keary. Certainly not that piece of crap l!

Latest posts

Members online

Back