Jersey Talk

The Cowboys don't seem to worry. They just get on with it.
I really don't think the colour of a sports kit has a significant impact on performance. Or else there wouldn't be black sports kits in any sport worldwide which I know is not true.

The Cowboys don't seem to worry. They just get on with it.
Every little thing that helps the side perform is a bonus,
Next time you drive past a brick display company, call in , they will get to to touch different colour bricks and pavers in the sun, You will be amazed at the difference between lighter and darker colours.

Every little thing that helps the side perform is a bonus,
Next time you drive past a brick display company, call in , they will get to to touch different colour bricks and pavers in the sun, You will be amazed at the difference between lighter and darker colours.
I agree with your point. I suppose I was pointing out the fact that it is a lot hotter in North Queensland than Concord. I would rather train in a black shirt at Concord than my birthday suit in Townsville.

100% they post the roar store and it looks like Best n less gear
Yeah, I agree.
I browsed the new gear...

The shorts look good, as were last years.
However I will pass on the rest.

This stuff seems overlooked....
However if some effort was put into it, some timeless piece could be created.
Like iconic stuff, we all cherish certain jerseys from the past or our childhoods - such as the Magpies Victa or the classic Balmain.

The club always drops the ball on capitalising on this.
We have such good colours that stand out and we continue to fail.

It'd be good to just run with jerseys like this;

images - 2022-12-06T175140.874.jpeg

images - 2022-12-06T175125.834.jpeg

Yeah, I agree.
I browsed the new gear...

The shorts look good, as were last years.
However I will pass on the rest.

This stuff seems overlooked....
However if some effort was put into it, some timeless piece could be created.
Like iconic stuff, we all cherish certain jerseys from the past or our childhoods - such as the Magpies Victa or the classic Balmain.

The club always drops the ball on capitalising on this.
We have such good colours that stand out and we continue to fail.

It'd be good to just run with jerseys like this;

View attachment 3649

View attachment 3650
Probably got volunteer interns on the jersey design mate. Pascoe will save 50c wherever he can, cash before results.

Can only agree with you on the last of that set. The design is simple enough but unique enough to look good.

Though with some slight tweaks I don't mind the current set lasting for years to come (the first tweak being dumping Steeden as the cut of the jerseys is trash especially around the shoulders - maybe different this year as the cut looks different, but yet to experience it first hand. Really need Dynasty to come on board, they do fantastic stuff).

The Indigenous and Cultural kit are nice as one offs, but that is it. The Magpies heritage should only be worn for heritage games, as with any Balmain design (let the past go guys, it has been over 20 years, the club needs an identity, not two old ones - as much as I love the Magpies they are not in the NRL anymore), and the 20 years heritage is a mess of multiple ideas thrown together and is not close to a good looking jersey imo.

Can only agree with you on the last of that set. The design is simple enough but unique enough to look good.

Though with some slight tweaks I don't mind the current set lasting for years to come (the first tweak being dumping Steeden as the cut of the jerseys is trash especially around the shoulders - maybe different this year as the cut looks different, but yet to experience it first hand. Really need Dynasty to come on board, they do fantastic stuff).

The Indigenous and Cultural kit are nice as one offs, but that is it. The Magpies heritage should only be worn for heritage games, as with any Balmain design (let the past go guys, it has been over 20 years, the club needs an identity, not two old ones - as much as I love the Magpies they are not in the NRL anymore), and the 20 years heritage is a mess of multiple ideas thrown together and is not close to a good looking jersey imo.

Bro I was going to tag you in the
convo I swear to god. Craegus
mock up jerseys are better than
the real thing take note steeden

Sorry bust your bubble but nike only sponsor the top teams. Unless we charge to soccer Nike would be unlikely to be our sponsor.

Sorry bust your bubble but nike only sponsor the top teams. Unless we charge to soccer Nike would be unlikely to be our sponsor.

We need to go for Umbro, New Balance
of Sergio Tacchini. Steeden is horrible 😎

Bro I was going to tag you in the
convo I swear to god. Craegus
mock up jerseys are better than
the real thing take note steeden

:LOL:

I might give it a go either tonight, or tomorrow (the benefit of being of work with "you know what"). But I wouldn't be doing too much different to the current designs. I think they work as a modern take on a classic V design, and are unique enough to the club.

My main issues currently are the cut of the Steeden jerseys and the material used, not really the design itself.

But I have time, lets just see if the creative brain wants to work.

:LOL:

I might give it a go either tonight, or tomorrow (the benefit of being of work with "you know what"). But I wouldn't be doing too much different to the current designs. I think they work as a modern take on a classic V design, and are unique enough to the club.

My main issues currently are the cut of the Steeden jerseys and the material used, not really the design itself.

But I have time, lets just see if the creative brain wants to work.

Legend in the game

Members online

Back