Jersey Talk

I don't get how they overlook the designs that are made by the fans. There have been some absolute gems. I am a fan of a mostly black and a mostly orange jersey. Orange makes us stand out from every other team.
Pretty much all of the jerseys shared here would sell more than almost any of the recent jerseys.
This also follows into the merchandise. Most of it is gaudy rubbish. For example the members' hat. I have said before that you are buying a membership that happens to come with a hat, so let's not start that argument... but, the hat looks like crap. Just get a simple hat for the member that we would actually want to wear.

The 2005 will always have a soft spot in my heart, but I would lean towards either the 2019-20 or the current designs.

As for potential designs, as I said people may not be happy with them, but here is my idea for our future set:

Home

oabVjkg.png

Alternate

Ruso3VT.png

Pre-season / Early Season Day Game Alternate

CTQMwY8.png
That white jersey is one of my favourites now!!
😍

I don't get how they overlook the designs that are made by the fans. There have been some absolute gems. I am a fan of a mostly black and a mostly orange jersey. Orange makes us stand out from every other team.
Pretty much all of the jerseys shared here would sell more than almost any of the recent jerseys.
This also follows into the merchandise. Most of it is gaudy rubbish. For example the members' hat. I have said before that you are buying a membership that happens to come with a hat, so let's not start that argument... but, the hat looks like crap. Just get a simple hat for the member that we would actually want to wear.

Because fans are not the companies that pay big money to design jerseys. Clubs also have their own idea of what they think looks good. Are they always right, no. Are they mostly right, not really. But it is all business in the end.

Plus I could guarantee if they chose a fan design that just as many people would complain about it as do with professional designs.

As a person who makes jersey designs for fun, I can see that some designs that people make in my eyes look like absolute garbage (even some of the really fantastic designers out there), and I would think that many people feel that about my designs as well. But at the same time people love those same designs.

It all comes down to personal opinion. There will never be a true consensus about the idea design or look for a club (even Souths and St. George fans complain about their designs even though they barely change each year). Aesthetics of design are based on personal opinions and no two people will ever have the same views on everything.

So even though people think fan designs are better, in the end the club uses the designs they want, and us fans can only dream.

Because fans are not the companies that pay big money to design jerseys. Clubs also have their own idea of what they think looks good. Are they always right, no. Are they mostly right, not really. But it is all business in the end.

Plus I could guarantee if they chose a fan design that just as many people would complain about it as do with professional designs.

As a person who makes jersey designs for fun, I can see that some designs that people make in my eyes look like absolute garbage (even some of the really fantastic designers out there), and I would think that many people feel that about my designs as well. But at the same time people love those same designs.

It all comes down to personal opinion. There will never be a true consensus about the idea design or look for a club (even Souths and St. George fans complain about their designs even though they barely change each year). Aesthetics of design are based on personal opinions and no two people will ever have the same views on everything.

So even though people think fan designs are better, in the end the club uses the designs they want, and us fans can only dream.
I get that it isn't up to the fans and it is subjective. But at the same time I haven't heard anyone say that the current design is good and there a plenty of people agreeing on certain past jersies being great. Surely the companies that pay for the design and the club want to sell more to get their name out there. It seems pretty unanimous that the fans would buy more if it were a simpler design.

Yeah but we all know our club’s decision making is bloody awful.

Raiders had a jersey design comp by fans about 15 years ago.... The winning design was by a guy on LU... The jersey looked like it had a giant dildo on the front 🤣

Me and Simonthetiger and a few others had a piss fun time giving it to Raiders fans back then
Yeah, I remember that 😅😅

IMO if I was designing these home jersey would be a orange and black tiger print background. Like a bangal tiger pattern
Away would be white and black tiger print background like a Siberian tiger.

The 2005 will always have a soft spot in my heart, but I would lean towards either the 2019-20 or the current designs.

As for potential designs, as I said people may not be happy with them, but here is my idea for our future set:

Home

oabVjkg.png

Alternate

Ruso3VT.png

Pre-season / Early Season Day Game Alternate

CTQMwY8.png
The black one and the white one. Best designs ever!

Members online

Back