Jersey Talk

A look into our 2023 Indigenous Jersey design.
Artist: Will Towney

“Family is one of the most important aspects of being Indigenous in Australia. It defines who we are by our culture and values and gives us a sense of connectedness to our land and our people.
There are common questions asked when meeting another Indigenous Person you have never met before, like what’s your name? whose your mob? Where are you from?
The 7 Indigenous Players wanted a story that showcases, where they're from and who’s their Mob.
It’s hard to leave our communities and we only see family on occasions of Aboriginal Knockouts or go home for sorry business, but we know who we are and where we can always call home.
These 7 Athletes of the game are not only here representing themselves and showcasing their natural abilities for Wests Tigers, they are here for all of us!" (WT FB)

Well Done

"Eh I'm wawkin he-ya!"

Oh, sorry... Misunderstood what was meant by Jersey talk.
In that case - the indigenous ones are always great. 😊

Nice story behind that indigenous jersey and learning about the player input has made me appreciate it a bit more, but I don't really like it that much and think it's not one of our better looking jerseys, however, appreciate the player input and story behind it.

We are pretty lucky because Wests Tigers colours are really well suited to an indigenous jersey but I think this year's one has strayed away from that a little, incorporating colours that I don't think belong to us.

Only jersey I have bought recently is the Captain's Run Jersey which probably isn't everyone's cup of tea but I thought it was a little different to what is usually served up and bit the bullet and got one.

Like this one.

I would like to see the Numbers of these sold especially as they change each year.

PS - I still LOVE the original Commemorative jersey that was changed with the Chopper and the two soldiers. That was cool

I can’t stand these commemorative jerseys.
They look like special needs kids designed them.
Nothing but oil rags for the shed.

Steedan make footballs not jerseys. Another rubbish decision by Pascoe. We need George Costanza to sort it out

Does anyone own the 2000 retro jersey? If so is the sizing much different to the jerseys they make these days? I’ve heard they run a bit bigger. For example if I’m an XL in a 2020 jersey would I be the same size in the retro or need to go down a size?

Thanks for the replies

Does anyone know if we get new jersey designs next year?
Surely we’re due.
Seems like we’ve basically had the same ones for years now.

Does anyone know if we get new jersey designs next year?
Surely we’re due.
Seems like we’ve basically had the same ones for years now.

This years is technically new. There were slight changes (the little dots and fades at the bottom).

And from what has been said on here, the design isn't going to change drastically from now on.

Back