Adam Doueihi #227

Bones

Since Brooks 'Strength' is his running game I decided to look at another stat which is tackle busts.

AD TB's per game 2020: 3.6
Brooks: 1.9

AD 2021: 2.6
Brooks: 2.3

AD 2022: 2.9
Brooks 1.3

Well again would you look at that.
What is that supposed to tell us? I would expect a guy who played fullback and centre to have more tackle busts, because he has a lot more runs, and even in the halves he doesn’t pass a lot.

Red88_Tiger

Sheens confirmed more than once he wanted Brooks to stay and extend his contract on a restructured deal like Chris Lawrence. Hastings was moved on expeditiously which should tell you all you need to know.
Don’t think he was moved on
He was just allowed to take a better opportunity money wise and in a position he wanted . Not really much different from naden coming to us imo

twentyforty

Sheens confirmed more than once he wanted Brooks to stay and extend his contract on a restructured deal like Chris Lawrence. Hastings was moved on expeditiously which should tell you all you need to know.
Sheens has a good eye for a footballers’ skills. He knows Brooks is one of the better halves in the NRL.
Defensively his stats are similar to Cleary’s, around 20 tackles per game and misses only 15% of attempted. Compared to Doueihi who has half as many completed tackles and misses around 21%.

tigertuff

Sheens has a good eye for a footballers’ skills. He knows Brooks is one of the better halves in the NRL.
Defensively his stats are similar to Cleary’s, around 20 tackles per game and misses only 15% of attempted. Compared to Doueihi who has half as many completed tackles and misses around 21%.
Brooksy doesn't have the luxury of the NSW / Australian lock next to him also.

twentyforty

Iam willing to give AD and everyone else half season, before going for the knife. We have some quality forwards who might make a massive difference and a coach who think beyond 5 hit ups and a bomb
c'mon mate 😁every team needs an effective default mode, dont they?

hank37w

So what? You haven't been paying attention if you don't think Sheens has got some poor player selection in his game. He was publicly, brutally punted for going full Sheenius.

Now that he's even older, and a decade out of the NRL on the back of a the clubs first spoon which he had a huge part to play he's all of a sudden the messiah lol.

You Brooks cheerleaders are a weird bunch. Will literally force any narrative to prop up guy who is shit. Has always been shit. Will continue to be shit.
Come on Long Jaws, you know that Sheenius actually means Innovation.

hank37w

That isn't what the stats say.

I checked it recently and posted on it on here. Doueihi has a better tackling efficiency than Brooks. It surprised me too.
Yeah, but for the stat to be recorded as a miss you have to be somewhere close, not 20 metres away picking up your mouth guard or the dummy you spat out.

Brooks gets more than his fair share of traffic because everyone knows that he has never had that much support in defence like many other halves who have strong defenders along side.

Yeah, run at Brooks he's got to do it all himself and at the same time we can tire him out and even if he is not a great game manager we can damage his strength which is his running game.

jirskyr

How is it possible, this thread exploded by 10 pages in one day, I come here to see what all the fuss is about, and it's page after page about Luke Brooks.

In the Adam Doueihi thread.

Is Luke Brooks chat like some kind of plague or ebola or coronavirus that just infects all other surrounding topics?

Luke Brooks #1 Fan

How is it possible, this thread exploded by 10 pages in one day, I come here to see what all the fuss is about, and it's page after page about Luke Brooks.

In the Adam Doueihi thread.

Is Luke Brooks chat like some kind of plague or ebola or coronavirus that just infects all other surrounding topics?
It's because Brooks wears the freshest clothes, eats at the chillest restaurants and hangs out with the hottest dudes. Simple as that.

426Tlgerland

Have to agree with Supercoach , let’s get into the season see how AD goes with the new pack and then sign him up if he is going well