Adam Doueihi #227

He's my favourite player but he had a very poor game tonight amongst a very poor team performance.

I still think 6 is his position but I honestly don't understand how this happened tonight.

So much possession in that first half and just couldn't ice any points....
Then just switch off in the second and lose the game... it's mind boggling stuff.

Team needs a review as well as the coaching staff.

@harvey said in [Adam Doueihi](/post/1431303) said:
Has a lot to learn in the offseason.

Ball hog, unnecessary cut out passes and poor defence.

The number of times he killed attacking opportunities tonight by going himself or stepping back inside was terrible.

I understand why he was punted as 5/8 and honestly don't know what his position is.

Centre > Back Rower long term.

@demps said in [Adam Doueihi](/post/1431722) said:
He's my favourite player but he had a very poor game tonight amongst a very poor team performance.

I still think 6 is his position but I honestly don't understand how this happened tonight.

So much possession in that first half and just couldn't ice any points....
Then just switch off in the second and lose the game... it's mind boggling stuff.

Team needs a review as well as the coaching staff.

Sorry Demps, he’s not a 6. Lacks speed off the mark, spatial awareness and ability in defence.

@gnr4life said in [Adam Doueihi](/post/1431669) said:
Fair enough he might not have a position, but unlike Mbye whose in the same boat, AD is one of our only shining lights. He’s a hell of a footballer

I reckon giving Brooks the captaincy tonight did his head in..same as it did mine..and Brooks made us both right

@needaname said in [Adam Doueihi](/post/1431731) said:
@harvey said in [Adam Doueihi](/post/1431303) said:
Has a lot to learn in the offseason.

Ball hog, unnecessary cut out passes and poor defence.

The number of times he killed attacking opportunities tonight by going himself or stepping back inside was terrible.

I understand why he was punted as 5/8 and honestly don't know what his position is.

Centre Back Rower long term.

Not unless he learns to tackle.

@hodgo said in [Adam Doueihi](/post/1431356) said:
was his worse game in a long time. I have no info on this but i wonder whether he was upset brooksy was c?

Why do you think That could put him off his
game so much?

People complain about his defence then want to move him into the hardest defensive position on the field that also takes away all his excellent attacking ability

He's Clearly a 6. He's done enough to prove that - one poor game doesn't change that.

he is very slow. i remember gillard out ran him to score when he was full back. i would try putting him 7 and brooks 6. brook should run and douie should pass

@jc99 said in [Adam Doueihi](/post/1431762) said:
People complain about his defence then want to move him into the hardest defensive position on the field that also takes away all his excellent attacking ability

He's Clearly a 6. He's done enough to prove that - one poor game doesn't change that.

Not much hope in attack when your 5/8 hold the ball every time it loos like there is half a chance.

very overhyped
perhaps we are looking at a Brooks Hastings halves pairing and Douhie at centre afterall

I like the guy and he is great when he straightens the attack, but that go to cut-out ball kills me and cost us again tonight. Needs a Tony Carroll or Beau Scott type alongside to help cover when wearing the six.

Brooks wasn't much better tonight which didn't help, but still better than the coaching.

@harvey said in [Adam Doueihi](/post/1431772) said:
@jc99 said in [Adam Doueihi](/post/1431762) said:

Not much hope in attack when your 5/8 hold the ball every time it loos like there is half a chance.

That's such a myth, he leads the team in try assists. He literally got 5 try assists in one game. He likes to run (and he's good at it) but he has set up plenty of tries and will continue learning his trade

Brooks butchers just as many chances as Doueihi does

He goes for the big play way too much and doesn’t know how to control a game. Develop a short pass and some game management skills and maybe he’s a 5/8 but not right now. He might also want to remind himself we are a defensive line and stay with the group

@harvey said in [Adam Doueihi](/post/1431682) said:
Was it 600k we paid for him? Who was responsible for that?

$630k
It wasn’t Pascoe.. apparently Pascoe has nothing to do with the football side of things 😂
Maybe it was Lee ?
Apparently the chairman can offer players upgraded deals 😂

@wt2019 said in [Adam Doueihi](/post/1431737) said:
Fair enough he might not have a position, but unlike Mbye whose in the same boat, AD is one of our only shining lights. He’s a hell of a footballer

I reckon giving Brooks the captaincy tonight did his head in..same as it did mine..and Brooks made us both right

If Doueihi is so mentally fragile that naming Brooks captain puts him off his game, he is not half the player that his fans think he is.

@gregjm87 said in [Adam Doueihi](/post/1432013) said:

If Doueihi is so mentally fragile that naming Brooks captain puts him off his game, he is not half the player that his fans think he is.

I mentioned it in the other thread but Madges coaching is very perplexing...

AD is captain material... a lot of people have mentioned this on the forum. He's a future captain for sure, a lot of leadership qualities. Our captain Tamou goes down and instead of doing the logical thing and naming AD.... he goes Brooks... a guy who's been playing well but appears to not have a voice on the field or be a captain.

One occasion when Stefano knocked it on, I saw Moses Mbye talking to the ref, going through the motions in regards to the captains challenge... where was Brooks?

This is another massive mistake and mishap by Madge.

Just like after losses we want accountability and instead of dropping players that deserve to be dropped..... such as... Talau , Mbye, Nofo, Jimmy Jet / Tamou, etc etc etc... he drops some one like Seyfarth or Cini.... undeserving. This is extremely poor form in my opinion and sets an extremely bad example.

There is no egg shells. Either the players have scared Madge into what may happen if he does his job or he likes them too much to upset them. Either way, it all is VERY UNPROFESSIONAL.

AD did have an off game tonight... it didn't register with me at first this may be because he wasn't made captain... that does make sense... I hope he is tougher than that.

@demps said in [Adam Doueihi](/post/1432018) said:
@gregjm87 said in [Adam Doueihi](/post/1432013) said:

I mentioned it in the other thread but Madges coaching is very perplexing...

AD is captain material... a lot of people have mentioned this on the forum. He's a future captain for sure, a lot of leadership qualities. Our captain Tamou goes down and instead of doing the logical thing and naming AD.... he goes Brooks... a guy who's been playing well but appears to not have a voice on the field or be a captain.

One occasion when Stefano knocked it on, I saw Moses Mbye talking to the ref, going through the motions in regards to the captains challenge... where was Brooks?

This is another massive mistake and mishap by Madge.

Just like after losses we want accountability and instead of dropping players that deserve to be dropped..... such as... Talau , Mbye, Nofo, Jimmy Jet / Tamou, etc etc etc... he drops some one like Seyfarth or Cini.... undeserving. This is extremely poor form in my opinion and sets an extremely bad example.

There is no egg shells. Either the players have scared Madge into what may happen if he does his job or he likes them too much to upset them. Either way, it all is VERY UNPROFESSIONAL.

AD did have an off game tonight... it didn't register with me at first this may be because he wasn't made captain... that does make sense... I hope he is tougher than that.

Maybe Madge wanted to see if Brooks could handle being captain ?
Obviously NO

Very disappointed with tonight's effort.

But don't think its fair to kick the boot into Deouhi.

He's only 22, still has a lot to learn but obviously will be part of the solution and not the problem.

I think because of presence people forget how young he is. He's the same age as Daine Laurie, and everyone is understanding that Laurie is still growing and learning as a player.

I'll Take 10 ADs over 10 Mybes any day.

Back