The club is an embarrassment to the game and their continued inability to improve must surely mean that soon the NRL will have to step in and appoint an administrator to help dig them out of their own self inflicted misery.
Sooner, rather than later.

Didn't they do it with GC?
They've been going well.

Their recruitment has defied logic, even more than usual. Sheens admitted himself he thinks Brooks is more of a 6. He then said he believes Doueihi is the best fullback at the club. We have effectively started the year without a dominant half. Brandon Wakeham was signed right at the end of pre-season. It is disastrous, chaotic and embarrassing.

Club is actively pursuing a halfback.

Cant ask for more than that. They might not say it publicly but its pretty damn obvious they see Brooks as a 5/8 or off the books going forward.

Its what we have all asked for.

Sheeesh. . . .

Cant ask for more than that. They might not say it publicly but its pretty damn obvious they see Brooks as a 5/8 or off the books going forward.

Sheeesh. . . .
Why the hell have they only decided to do this now?
This should have been squared away LAST YEAR!!!!!
They are absolutely incompetent.

Yeah 7 years back.
We need good football people involved with this club and if they have to be appointed and paid for by the NRL then we should take it for now.
Win/win, in my opinion...

We've been mess for too long.

NRL invests (?) 17ish million a year. At some point they have to start questioning their investment. Wests can’t be pulling huge numbers for fox/9. I do believe in the right hands the club has potential to be a huge money spinner for the NRL/broadcasters but how long do they wait for “the sleeping giant”. Dolphins have shown a well run club can have instant success/support. You can’t tell me they arn’t looking at the whole of the central coast and picturing a bears franchise out of Gosford. I just hope they step in and kick management and give it a try before kicking the club.

Their recruitment has defied logic, even more than usual. Sheens admitted himself he thinks Brooks is more of a 6. He then said he believes Doueihi is the best fullback at the club. We have effectively started the year without a dominant half. Brandon Wakeham was signed right at the end of pre-season. It is disastrous, chaotic and embarrassing.
…and despite all of these opinions and assessments, we still started the season with
7. Brooks,
6. Doueihi
When exactly did Sheens and co discover Luke is a 5/8 and Adam is a fullback?

Sheeesh. . . .

The 11 years of missing finals has completely lost a generation of new fans. It’s bigger problem then just brooks.

The 11 years of missing finals has completely lost a generation of new fans. It’s bigger problem then just brooks.
100%.
All those young fans Benji and Farah attracted in the mid naughties are all adults now. How many are still supporters? How many of those attracted back then as young teenagers now have kids who follow other clubs?
Generation lost alright.

Why the hell have they only decided to do this now?
This should have been squared away LAST YEAR!!!!!
They are absolutely incompetent.
I said 2 or 3 weeks back it seemed like they were just making it up as they went along... Using the season and initial rounds to work out what shoulda been done in the off season

What a disastrous appointment to the coaching chair Sheens has been. Out of touch, stubborn and questionable leadership qualities. As an addition to the administration team, fair enough with his experience. But 2023 first grade coach with a totally inexperienced, rookie sidekick in Marshall? Sorry, but that was never going to work. Said before, dreams, just dreams. The club really needs a firm kick up the arse from someone. The lack of professionalism, direction, accountability, basically anything required of a successful sport team is truly astounding. Who made the decision to appoint Sheens? Sheens himself? So, he just bullied Pascoe and Hagipantelis into agreeing it was a good idea? (Probably no bullying required.) Why the hell wasn't Brooks let go? The Tigers/ Brooks union was simply not working but good old Timbo knew better. Who runs the show? I hate to say it, because I really love the Tigers, but I think the NRL should be looking very closely at the Tigers. Yes, they have been a victim of the corruption and favouritism culture of the NRL but, also, they are a victim of their own ineptitude and questionable culture. The club is clearly at a crossroads and, unfortunately, I think their future as a Sydney based team might be hanging in the balance.

Last edited:

Sheeesh. . . .
I just don’t understand how our halves situation has gone from bad (last year), to diabolical now.

I guess I naively thought that Sheens, the attacking genius he is, bringing in a renewed attack focus to the side, would give our halves the capability to successfully pass the ball to someone and have them catch it. Or maybe follow some semblance of a structure, rather than aimlessly running around the field so disjointedly that you can literally see them second guessing themselves.

And now we’ve moved one of them to fullback (apparently he’s actually the best fullback at the club) after three rounds and are on the hunt for a new halfback. I think all we’re asking for at this point is to not be embarrassed every week.

Sheeesh. . . .
So why get rid of a good halfback in the off season? At worse Hastings is a good back up. I can ask for a hell of a lot more than what they are currently doing.

I dont think its a big call to say we could be two or three wins from our first 4 if our halves had done their job.

Our overall team is vastly improved, we can see really good forwards, decent structure, the outside backs are doing their jobs. I can see the green shoots. However the halves have been absolute trash.

The club is trying to fix that and people want to have a go at them for doing exactly what most of have asked for = improve the halves.

Makes you think that as a result of the constant media bashing and reality of zero wins our fans have lost the plot.

Its not all doom and gloom. We just need someone to control and take charge of this team.

My opinion and it seems the coaches is that that man is not at this club right now so we need to go find one.

So why get rid of a good halfback in the off season? At worse Hastings is a good back up. I can ask for a hell of a lot more than what they are currently doing.
No doubt. Thats the one criticism i have of them but if it means we have Bateman and Klemmer im ok with that judgement call.

Latest posts

Members online

Back