WT Squad Prediction 2023

We extended AJ, Staford and signed Naden - all centres.

We've got Talau reportable coming back, might not play centre, who knows.

And some want AD at centre - which I doubt will happen, personally and will be persisted with at 5/8 (imo)

I also don't think Staines is signing to play backup but yeah, some interesting movement to take place I think.
Just bite the bullet and move AD one step closer to the ruck. He can touch the ball more than he does at five eight.
That is if he feels physically up to playing in the forwards.

We extended AJ, Staford and signed Naden - all centres.

We've got Talau reportable coming back, might not play centre, who knows.

And some want AD at centre - which I doubt will happen, personally and will be persisted with at 5/8 (imo)

I also don't think Staines is signing to play backup but yeah, some interesting movement to take place I think.
I don't think Laurie is in the long term plans.
I think they will bank on Brooks, AD and Hastings.

I don't think Laurie is in the long term plans.
I think they will bank on Brooks, AD and Hastings.
I personally doubt this comment.
All the talk of getting Stains and wanting to keep brooks is to ensure we have speed off the ruck when the ball gets shifted out. Brooks left footer and left side, with Daine playing right and right footer. Doueihi takes that pace away with his style which certainly isn’t a Sheens style.
It’s suck it up and play either Centre or convert to back row for him.

I personally doubt this comment.
All the talk of getting Stains and wanting to keep brooks is to ensure we have speed off the ruck when the ball gets shifted out. Brooks left footer and left side, with Daine playing right and right footer. Doueihi takes that pace away with his style which certainly isn’t a Sheens style.
It’s suck it up and play either Centre or convert to back row for him.
Third option: leave

Maybe Laurie 5/8, AD center, Staines Fullback. Could be why Laurie 5/8th talk is happening.

I can't see him displacing Nofo or Ken M but I also think he is probably as good as them. He is quicker but lacks the tough hit-ups and isn't as good as Ken M in the air.

If you play him at fullback and move Laurie to 6 that'll be interesting. Doueihi or Hastings might spit the dummy but more likely Doueihi.

It might work but you might also just move on Brooks or Doueihi.

Third option: leave

I'm not stating he should go but I think there is a valid argument getting rid of him or Brooks would be beneficial for the team.

Doueihi is a work in progress and I honestly think he ends up in the backrow. Since I've given my opinion he'll now turn into a gun 6.

put thumb screws on Doueihi and /or show him the door-50%pay cut coming

Just bite the bullet and move AD one step closer to the ruck. He can touch the ball more than he does at five eight.
That is if he feels physically up to playing in the forwards.
Honestly mate he would be a killer 13 if he could get his defence right.

Always makes yards when hitting up.

Laurie ⅝?
Do you know if he's played there growing up?
What's his passing and kicking game like?
I dunno about this one.
In the trial against Manly a couple of years ago, he got a run at 6 and looked like a world beater.

Frankly, he didn’t have the strength to turn his half breaks into breaks, but with a couple of seasons under his belt, his body may be up to it after another off season.

Just not sure who’d go to fullback if he made the switch.

Foxsports putting up predicted round1 teams for next.

TIGERS

1. Daine Laurie
2. David Nofoaluma
3. Brent Naden
4. Oliver Gildart
5. Ken Maumalo
6. Adam Doueihi
7. Luke Brooks
8. Alex Twal
9. Api Koroisau
10. Joe Ofahengaue
11. Isaiah Papali’i
12. Shawn Blore
13. Jackson Hastings

14. Tyrone Peachey
15. Fonua Pole
16. Stefano Utoikamanu
17. Justin Matamua

Coming:

Api Koroisau (Panthers)
Isaiah Papali’i (Eels) Oliver Gildart (returning from Roosters loan deal)
David Nofoaluma (returning from Storm deal)

Going: Luke Garner (Panthers)
Jock Madden (Broncos), Zane Musgrove (Dragons)
Kelma Tuilagi (Sea Eagles)

Injuries/suspensions:

Cavalry will return in Round 1 with Luke Brooks (calf) and Jackson Hastings (ankle) back on deck.
Alex Twal will be back in action too after missing a chunk of last season due to a nasty head knock, while Shawn Blore (knee), Stefano Utoikamanu (wrist) and Tommy Talau (knee) will be available too. Alex Seyfarth’s return may take a little longer after undergoing surgery on a ruptured pectoral in August.

If that remained our team for next year I fear the worst.
We need some quality players, sign up pls Klem!
How many byes are there next year? At least we're guaranteed some points with them. Knowing us though, we'll find a reason to lose those points 🤔

TIGERS

1. Daine Laurie
2. David Nofoaluma
3. Brent Naden
4. Oliver Gildart
5. Ken Maumalo
6. Adam Doueihi
7. Luke Brooks
8. Alex Twal
9. Api Koroisau
10. Joe Ofahengaue
11. Isaiah Papali’i
12. Shawn Blore
13. Jackson Hastings

14. Tyrone Peachey
15. Fonua Pole
16. Stefano Utoikamanu
17. Justin Matamua

Coming:

Api Koroisau (Panthers)

Injuries/suspensions:

Cavalry will return in Round 1 with Luke Brooks (calf) and Jackson Hastings (ankle) back on deck.
Alex Twal will be back in action too after missing a chunk of last season due to a nasty head knock, while Shawn Blore (knee), Stefano Utoikamanu (wrist) and Tommy Talau (knee) will be available too. Alex Seyfarth’s return may take a little longer after undergoing surgery on a ruptured pectoral in August.

If that remained our team for next I fear the worst. We need some more quality players, sign up pls Klem!
Must be a joke by fox... They have gildart starting...

TIGERS

1. Daine Laurie
2. David Nofoaluma
3. Brent Naden
4. Oliver Gildart
5. Ken Maumalo
6. Adam Doueihi
7. Luke Brooks
8. Alex Twal
9. Api Koroisau
10. Joe Ofahengaue
11. Isaiah Papali’i
12. Shawn Blore
13. Jackson Hastings

14. Tyrone Peachey
15. Fonua Pole
16. Stefano Utoikamanu
17. Justin Matamua

Coming:

Api Koroisau (Panthers)

Injuries/suspensions:

If that remained our team for next year I fear the worst.
We need some quality players, sign up pls Klem!
How many byes are there next year? At least we're guaranteed some points with them. Knowing us though, we'll find a reason to lose those points 🤔
That team will get back to back spoons.

Latest posts

Staff online

Back