Apisai Koroisau #263

Win another premiership Api then hurry up and help us. 🙂
Cobar,without putting a dampener on Api coming here next season....just remember the system he is coming from and the system he is going to play in are worlds apart...
I hope he is everything we expect and more,however,Blair comes to mind,brilliant in a brilliant system and a flop in ours...lets stay positive and see what eventuates....

Cobar,without putting a dampener on Api coming here next season....just remember the system he is coming from and the system he is going to play in are worlds apart...
I hope he is everything we expect and more,however,Blair comes to mind,brilliant in a brilliant system and a flop in ours...lets stay positive and see what eventuates....
I'm hearing you but Blair and Api are totally two different animals. A first class hooker like Api will get the forwards running. Put it this way, if we don't succeed it will not be his doing. The reason I don't want Jacko to go is because he will compliment Api's willpower to get the job done.

I'm hearing you but Blair and Api are totally two different animals. A first class hooker like Api will get the forwards running. Put it this way, if we don't succeed it will not be his doing. The reason I don't want Jacko to go is because he will compliment Api's willpower to get the job done.
Totally agree mate...Hastings is a breath of fresh air for this club and is a versatile player especially when the pressure is on...If he and Api as well as Papi and some others gel in the off season I think we will be the biggest surprise packet of the off season..Just my opinion Cobar,and having played the game for a number of years in my younger days,the one thing I learnt was that it takes HARD work to get a team to PLAY AS A TEAM...that will be Sheens toughest job to start with...

I hope he is everything we expect and more,however,Blair comes to mind,brilliant in a brilliant system and a flop in ours...let’s stay positive and see what eventuates....
Fair concern, but I would say at hooker, he offers us unpredictability at dummy half which may very well help our forwards get over the advantage line.

You can see he is always faking right, then passing left and vice versa which gives Penrith an extra moment with the opposition defender wrong footed.

I think he’ll help immensely, but to your point, it’s all theories until we see the team in action. Hoping for the best.

I think he’ll help immensely, but to your point, it’s all theories until we see the team in action.

You got to wait and see what happens. I thought this season Hastings and Doueihi were going to own the halves and we would outperform and push for the 8.

Now I'm not even sure what you do with Doueihi.

You got to wait and see what happens. I thought this season Hastings and Doueihi were going to own the halves and we would outperform and push for the 8.

Doueihi was out for majority of the year lol

Yeah too many halves and not enough spots.

I sound like a broken record, but Doueihi increases his positional versatility significantly if he learns how to defend. I’m not sure he wants to be versatile though…seems keen on playing 5/8.

I just can’t see a scenario where we keep Hastings, Brooks and Doueihi at the club.

I think with Api & Pap coming and with Steff & Blore healthy our forward pack should be much stronger and provide Brooks & AD with a much better platform for our attach.
Hastings should play 13 and play a similar role as Yeo at Penrith.
Centres is where we really fall down, however I'm hopeful that Talau and Tupou come good.
Outside our top 13 our back ups really fall away, and although we have some good young forwards coming through, they may need another year to get to NRL level.

Played well for manly when coached by Trent b, not an easy job

Don't sell Api short, when he joined Manly & Panthers both teams were outside the 8 before he joined.

At Manly they went from 13th to the semis
Panthers went 10th to leading the comp

He didn't do it on his own of course & sure the last 2-3 years have been amazing for him but he is a quality player who is the best in the game atm in his position.

We should be expecting some improvement on Api joining alone just not miracle improvement of course.

Don't sell Api short, when he joined Manly & Panthers both teams were outside the 8 before he joined.

He didn't do it on his own of course & sure the last 2-3 years have been amazing for him but he is a quality player who is the best in the game atm in his position.

We should be expecting some improvement on Api joining alone just not miracle improvement of course.
In Api We Trust 🤜🤛

Our players will need to adjust. Things happen much quicker around him when he has the ball.

He's been a bit of a journey man throughout his career.....

Souths > Manly > Penrith > now Tigers.

Does he just play out his deal and chase a better deal when the time comes ?

Surely he has shown enough for a club to try and keep him long term?

Mercenary or what ?

Back