Apisai Koroisau #263

WT2K

Staff member
Forum Leader
shutterstock_420803551.jpg

Wests Tigers are pleased to announce that representative hooker and dual premiership winner Apisai Koroisau has agreed to join the club from the start of the 2023 NRL season.

api---web.jpg

The 29-year-old Koroisau — who is contracted with the Penrith Panthers for the 2022 campaign — has signed with Wests Tigers on a two-year deal with a mutual option for the third season.

A Berala Bears junior, Koroisau made his NRL debut for the South Sydney Rabbitohs in 2014, going on to win the Grand Final later that season.

The talented dummy-half has played 145 NRL games across eight seasons with the Rabbitohs, Panthers and Sea Eagles, and was an instrumental piece in Penrith’s premiership success in 2021.

On top of winning two grand finals across his career, Koroisau has played at the highest level in rugby league — featuring in 13 Tests for Fiji before making his State of Origin debut for New South Wales earlier this year.

Wests Tigers Director of Football Tim Sheens said he was thrilled to see Koroisau sign on with Wests Tigers ahead of the 2023 season.

“We’re very pleased to have secured Apisai from the start of the 2023 season,” Sheens said. “He not only adds a further level of experience in a key position of the spine, but he has shown himself to be successful alongside Head Coach Michael Maguire previously in his career.

“It is always a big positive to sign a player with international and State of Origin experience, and what Apisai has achieved at both club and representative level will be a great addition to what we are building here.”

“On behalf of everyone at Wests Tigers, I’d like to share how pleased we are to have signed Koroisau from the start of 2023,” Wests Tigers CEO Justin Pascoe added.

“He will join us with a wealth of experience to his name, having represented Fiji on the international stage and the Blues in State of Origin, and we look forward to him and adding plenty to our club in the coming years.”

Fantastic signing. Well done WT.

![115704967_max.jpg](/assets/uploads/files/1638512903425-115704967_max.jpg)

@PenrithPanthers

Papali'i and now Api, Sheens hasn't sat down and waited recruitment wise. Add the re-signing of Twal to that and it's great recruiting so far.

These last few weeks we have had some of our best recruitment in 10 years. Imagine not wanting Sheens at the club lol

Great signing. I think? I don’t know why but I am not as excited as a think I should be.

Don't want to jinx it but if we get Thompson 🙏... "23"pack could be very decent..
Stef
API
Thompson
Paps
Blore
Peachey
We could work with that..

Very nice!

Would be interested to know what the mutual option entails but I guess we’ll never know.

Hopefully the rubbish about players not wanting to play for Madge can start to disappear. Evidence suggest this was more to do with Hartigan not paying enough to land players.

@tcl said in [Wests Tigers sign Apisai Koroisau](/post/1514021) said:
Great signing. I think? I don’t know why but I am not as excited as a think I should be.

Probably because you are getting to use these good signings. There are at least two more to come shortly.

@newtown said in [Wests Tigers sign Apisai Koroisau](/post/1514024) said:
@tcl said in [Wests Tigers sign Apisai Koroisau](/post/1514021) said:

Probably because you are getting to use these good signings. There are at least two more to come shortly.

I don’t know but maybe because they are for 2023 and we need to get through 2022.

It’s a great get.

@cornerpost said in [Wests Tigers sign Apisai Koroisau](/post/1514022) said:
Don't want to jinx it but if we get Thompson 🙏... "23"pack could be very decent..
Stef
API
Thompson
Paps
Blore
Peachey

Twal on the bench?

This is awesome. Great signing. Well done to all involved. Starting to get some big name a to go with the young guys

Wonder if they now try and arrange Panthers swap for Liddle. Doubt it though, Penrith have no reason to give him up early.

@swag_tiger said in [Wests Tigers sign Apisai Koroisau](/post/1514038) said:
@cornerpost said in [Wests Tigers sign Apisai Koroisau](/post/1514022) said:
Don't want to jinx it but if we get Thompson ?... "23"pack could be very decent..
Stef
API
Thompson
Paps
Blore
Peachey

Twal on the bench?

Yeah and Mikaeli if he stays.. plus going through the list we've got 10+ genuine contenders for the pack in the next few years.. getting excited for a change..

Latest posts

Back