Are you confident we will win

anderson_silva

New member
Joined
Jul 12, 2009
Messages
637
its a tough game no doubt, we beat them earlier this year and i feel we will again, they werent traveling well but neither were we and we had no moltzen and galloway in that game aswell, i like the $2.30 the tab are offering and ill be on it go the tigers we win this we will make the finals
 

Juro

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 12, 2009
Messages
2,858
I am confident we CAN win.

I am not confident we WILL win.
 
G

Guest

Guest
@Juro said:
I am confident we CAN win.

I am not confident we WILL win.

Ditto. If we come out fired up and ready to play, then I will be confident but if the Eels get the jump on us early then it could be tough.
 

MGB

New member
Joined
Jul 13, 2009
Messages
535
Kinda…..We shouldn't fear Parra, respect them by all means but the side shouldn't go into their shells. We are one of the form sides in the comp..I know Parra are also. I am expecting a tough win but I back this side against any these days, we have forwards going forward, greatly improved defence and on our day brilliant attack. On paper we match up well and have a superior bench. I think there would be a lot of other sides in this comp that they would prefer playing in such a crucial game.
 

TurnStyle

Active member
Joined
Jan 1, 1970
Messages
2,130
like everyone else who actually wrote, i am not confident, but very hopeful and extremely excited about this game! cant wait…til saturday morning when i will get to see it... :cry:
 

pacey

New member
Joined
Jul 13, 2009
Messages
1,094
No!

but looking at Parramattas team
it doesnt look very strong unlike other years
 

cnx_tigers

New member
Joined
Jul 19, 2009
Messages
903
If our forwards match their forwards aggression…I am pretty confident we will win comfortably.

If our guys come out passive and allow Fui Fui, Cayless and co. to bend the line at will...we will get rolled by a lot.

It all depends on our pack.
 

innsaneink

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 10, 2009
Messages
38,012
Location
...ahead of you....
@cnx_tigers said:
If our forwards match their forwards aggression…I am pretty confident we will win comfortably.

If our guys come out passive and allow Fui Fui, Cayless and co. to bend the line at will...we will get rolled by a lot.

It all depends on our pack.

You sound doubtful.
BOTD?
 

cnx_tigers

New member
Joined
Jul 19, 2009
Messages
903
Not doubtful Ink…I think we have them covered pretty well in the 6, 7 and 9.

Normally the 1, 6, 7 and 9 decide the game at this time of the year. Yeah, Hayne is on fire...but Moltzen is a good player. Benji and Robbie are classes above their opposites.

The only worry I have is that Fui Fui and Cayless always seem to destroy us...and that comes from them being aggressive and our guys not responding.

I don't want to see Gibbs and Payten passively get dominated the first 20 and set a bad tone for us. Those two together worry me as neither is very aggressive and I think aggression is needed for this game.

If Ellis puts a big hit on FuiFui and big Galloway comes on and fires up, we'll lap them.
 

hybrid_tiger

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 11, 2009
Messages
4,872
Location
Latchem Robinson Stand
@cnx_tigers said:
Not doubtful Ink…I think we have them covered pretty well in the 6, 7 and 9.

Normally the 1, 6, 7 and 9 decide the game at this time of the year. Yeah, Hayne is on fire...but Moltzen is a good player. Benji and Robbie are classes above their opposites.

The only worry I have is that Fui Fui and Cayless always seem to destroy us...and that comes from them being aggressive and our guys not responding.

I don't want to see Gibbs and Payten passively get dominated the first 20 and set a bad tone for us. Those two together worry me as neither is very aggressive and I think aggression is needed for this game.

If Ellis puts a big hit on FuiFui and big Galloway comes on and fires up, we'll lap them.

Gibbs can be aggressive, just that its usually never in the right way. I think Ellis beings so much to our pack, if he wasn't there I think we'd be dominated again, but his presence is a massive, massive boost for us in the forwards.

I'll probably regret saying this, but outside Hayne and Moi Moi I don't think they've got much. Hindmarsh is a workhorse but he doesn't have the impact he used to. Todd Lowrie is rubbish. Grothe is strong when returning the ball but defensively he's poor. Reddy is probably underrated, but he's a pretty straightforward type of player. Mortimer has plenty of potential but if we smash him early he might go off the boil. Robson is a park footballer at best. Keating at dummy half is nothing special at all. We've got them covered in 6, 7 and 9, provided the forwards muscle up, we can win this match.
 

cnx_tigers

New member
Joined
Jul 19, 2009
Messages
903
I agree with you Hybrid, I reckon we have them covered everywhere except Fuifui and co.

I'd feel much better if Skando was there. Gibbs has really come on the past month, so hopefully he can set the tone until Big Red gets on.

This is the kind of game I wish we had someone like Blocker…an old school prop who could dictate the first 20 mins / set the tone.

If Gibbs can do that / if Big Keith comes on and we are already on the front foot...we'll belt them :sunglasses:
 

Eye_Of_Wests_Tigers

New member
Joined
Aug 3, 2009
Messages
479
Yes… we can do it, just depends on the first twenty mins. Payten and Gibbs need to set the platform for the team!! Galloway to come on about the 20 and keep the good work going.

I can just see it... first hit up Fui Fui running straight at Ellis... and Ellis crunching Fui Fui all the way back to central station :laughing:
 

Gobbs

New member
Joined
Jul 13, 2009
Messages
442
Location
Prairiewood
I fear Wests will not be able to stop Parra's second phase play. And if that is the case, it could be a long night at the office. I think the Tigers defence has improved dramatically in recent weeks, but this is a test which will show how much of the attitude has changed when it comes to 'D' and shutting down the flair and flamboyance of the Eels. A game to prove Wests Tigers worth as a contender or pretender. The mentality will remain the same as it has done for the past 6 weeks; that is that this clash is Do or die for the club in 2009.
 

tiger_sean

New member
Joined
Jul 10, 2009
Messages
410
Location
Brisbane
Like others have said,
if our forwards roll their sleeves up and match or better the eels pack
we should win by a couple of tries.
If parra roll through the middle and offload at will it could get ugly.
 

PYMBLEPETE

New member
Joined
Jul 13, 2009
Messages
1,055
@Gobbs said:
I fear Wests will not be able to stop Parra's second phase play. And if that is the case, it could be a long night at the office. I think the Tigers defence has improved dramatically in recent weeks, but this is a test which will show how much of the attitude has changed when it comes to 'D' and shutting down the flair and flamboyance of the Eels. A game to prove Wests Tigers worth as a contender or pretender. The mentality will remain the same as it has done for the past 6 weeks; that is that this clash is Do or die for the club in 2009.

this is my biggest fear as well. Even the recent matches when we have been defending well we have been totally inept at stopping offloads. If they are offloading they will kill us. Even Hindmarsh has developed a good offload this season.

But.. if we can hold them in the forwards, surely the backs have the class to win this one.
 

Liddy

Active member
Joined
Jul 13, 2009
Messages
288
Location
The Golden West
We have to match them upfront first….and establish a good platform to move forward from.

Parra have been very good at off loading the ball against us in the past and this has meant a good roll forward for them.

We need to do the hard yards first before we try to move the ball....we have to show them we mean business and not be bullied by their pack.

Can we win??.....I bloody hope so..... :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
 
Top