Ashton Simms...

Geo

Staff member
Forum Leader
Vossy …..just said on the Footy show that Simms is looking at a new Club...

Three Clubs are interested apparently....

Should the Wests Tigers be one?

Yeah we should. Simms is a good front rower/back rower benchie. More front rower than Dwyer, who has been playing that role. Simms would be good simply because I think he's the sorta player that Sheens would actually use correctly because he would have no other choice.

Simms only occasionally shows what he is truly capable of. Most of the time he's ineffective and bludging.. but every now and again he had a game where he dominates the field in attack and defense. If he could find consistency at the level he'd be a great asset to the club.

The reason why he's been punted again is because he doesnt deliver.Lazy,with poor hands,& no longer has age on his side.
Weve got plenty of better prospects,& if we wish to bolster front row stocks buy a legit 1st grader

I wouldn't be surprised if the Tigers are looking at him. He's hardly set the world on fire at the Broncos and his asking fee won't be huge as a result. If he wants cash he will have to go to the UK to get it.

@willow said:
I wouldn't be surprised if the Tigers are looking at him. He's hardly set the world on fire at the Broncos and his asking fee won't be huge as a result. If he wants cash he will have to go to the UK to get it.

Last thing we need is another big,ageing forward who has done nothing in years,looking for a final payday…

@clontarfkid said:
@willow said:

Last thing we need is another big,ageing forward who has done nothing in years,looking for a final payday…

The guy is 25.

http://www.broncos.com.au/default.aspx?s=player-profile-display&id=1326&player=ashton-sims&team=Broncos" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

5 years ago simms had the most potential of any young forward in the nrl, I wouldn't be giving up on him yet. Would love for us to go after him

I remember watching him tear the opposition apart in the Arrive Alive Cup at Parramatta Stadium many moons ago. I thought if any kid will play for Australia its him. So awesome then but he has certainly come nowhere near that potential. I dont know if he will amount to anything but a journey man now. No thanks

We have many upcoming talent . Simon Dwyer , the Fafita Brothers , Mataka etc. Our No Frills players dont cost a lot and they get the job done for us.Its their Hunger to be in FG that drives them to perform better.Dont see the club spending the money unless its a Standout player and i dont think there is one of the players on the market.(at the moment). I would pay the money for a JT , Soward , Hayne , Sam Burges , Dave Taylor that will bring more to the club and raise the club revenue by being cult heros. Ashton Simms = No Chance !

Ashton's biggest problem was that he joined the Broncos too late for Saint Wayne to have an influence on his career, his second problem was that he left St Georger where Saint Wayne ended up going.
He'll be back at the Steelers for Saint Wayne to resurrect his career.
Still if we got him for bugger all he could prove a good acquistion.

I would rather us keep Moors (and actually play him consistently), but I'd look at him if the price was right.

Why do people keep mentioning David Fifita and Willie Mataka? They are both persona non grata with Sheens and we all know what happens when that is the case. David Gower is in the same category.

Hey Ron, you don't have to say who they are - although you could elude to it!

Are we a real chance of any of the three?

Staff online

Back