Ayshford for rookie of the year

alex

New member
Joined
Jul 12, 2009
Messages
3,748
Location
Haberfield
Mortimer will get it.

NRL.com has a poll going:

With just two rounds remaining who is the front-runner for Rookie of the Year?

1\. Jamal Idris - 25%
2\. Kevin Locke - 7%
3\. Daniel Mortimer - 55%
4\. Josh Dugan - 7%
5\. Kevin Gordon - 5%
 

Ghostdogg

New member
Joined
Jul 13, 2009
Messages
274
Dugan, Mortimer & Idris have been outstanding. Ayshford is not in their league (yet).
 

tigerdre

New member
Joined
Jul 12, 2009
Messages
827
I would love Blake to get it but Mortimer has it in the bag
Didn't Idris play a couple of games in 08 to make him inegible
 

fulleightyminutes

New member
Joined
Jul 12, 2009
Messages
507
Excellent points, especially about Mortimer cos I thought Idris and Dugan debuted last year. But then again I don't get to watch every game - so may be wrong. I just think considering where the team were when he arrived (bad bad place) Ayshford has done nothing wrong, hasn't been rested (like Dugan and Mortimer) never looked like being dropped, and seems pretty poised and skillful for a rookie. He's not a flashy player, that's for sure, but he sure stopped that side of the field leaking points.

I'll revise: Rookie of the Year Top 5?
 

alex

New member
Joined
Jul 12, 2009
Messages
3,748
Location
Haberfield
A lot of the rookies of the year go missing in action a year or two later. Big League did a report on it in Round 18.

2008: Chris Sandow
2007: Isreal Folau
2006: Jarryd Hayne
2005: Tim Smith
2004: K Hunt
2003: … doesnt say
2002: Matt Utai
2001: Anasta
2000: Tasesa Lavea
...
1986: Paul Sironen
 

Yossarian

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 11, 2009
Messages
11,877
Location
Central Coast
Daniel Mortimer is about as dangerous as a wet tissue. Idris missed a few games but I think at this stage he is a much better player.
 

Geo

Moderator
Staff member
Forum Leader
Joined
Jul 10, 2009
Messages
47,760
Location
Campbelltown NSW..
Ummmmm…wondering when this would come up

There can only be one winner........GARETH ELLIS..................
 
G

Guest

Guest
Blake has certainly had a fine maiden season in the top grade but Idris is the one who has stood out IMO. He's not a playmaker like Mortimer, but the big unit can score a try and flatten the opposition in defence.
 

Gobbs

New member
Joined
Jul 13, 2009
Messages
442
Location
Prairiewood
Mortimer First, Daylight second. Idris made his debut last year. I wouldn't take the NRL website as gospel.
 

anderson_silva

New member
Joined
Jul 12, 2009
Messages
637
@willow said:
Blake has certainly had a fine maiden season in the top grade but Idris is the one who has stood out IMO. He's not a playmaker like Mortimer, but the big unit can score a try and flatten the opposition in defence.

idris a standout? pffff, he is the worst performer in there backline, yes even behind the 33 year old el masri, once he grows into his body he will be a slow back rower and nothing more.
 

MGB

New member
Joined
Jul 13, 2009
Messages
535
@anderson silva said:
@willow said:
Blake has certainly had a fine maiden season in the top grade but Idris is the one who has stood out IMO. He's not a playmaker like Mortimer, but the big unit can score a try and flatten the opposition in defence.

idris a standout? pffff, he is the worst performer in there backline, yes even behind the 33 year old el masri, once he grows into his body he will be a slow back rower and nothing more.

What?????????? the guy will be a standout. Consistency is often the toughest thing for a player of his age, being able to perform week in week out….but when he is on he is on.
 

innsaneink

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 10, 2009
Messages
38,012
Location
...ahead of you....
Someone clearly doesnt like him.
Hes been almost unstoppable at times.

Ayshford no chance for rookie of the year, hes got a looonnng way to go

I like Raiders Josh Dugan, but hey, parra ARE flavour of the month eh, so Mortimer it is
 

RatedRKO

New member
Joined
Jul 12, 2009
Messages
1,261
Mortimer deserves it.

If Moltzen was eligible, he would be a close second imo.
 

Geo

Moderator
Staff member
Forum Leader
Joined
Jul 10, 2009
Messages
47,760
Location
Campbelltown NSW..
Hey…................. Why isn't Elmo elligable.....It's his first year in the NRL....who says it has to go to a young bloke

Gareth Ellis......Rookie of the Year.....
 

anderson_silva

New member
Joined
Jul 12, 2009
Messages
637
@innsaneink said:
Someone clearly doesnt like him.
**Hes been almost unstoppable at times**.

Ayshford no chance for rookie of the year, hes got a looonnng way to go

I like Raiders Josh Dugan, but hey, parra ARE flavour of the month eh, so Mortimer it is

LMAO at the highlighted, it doesnt even make sense? he has been almost unstoppable at times? LMAO ahhhhh one of your best ink, Idris is over rated you will see over the next 2 years when his "tubbyness" catches up to him **cough yilleen gordon cough**
 

Marshall_magic

New member
Joined
Jul 14, 2009
Messages
4,384
top 5 in my opinion

1\. Daniel Mortimer
2\. Kevin Gordon
3\. Jarrod Croker
4\. Josh Dugan
5\. Kevin Locke

Most Overrated: Jamal Idris
 
Top