Beau Ryan

tiger3

I have been vocal in bagging Crabman when I have felt it was warranted.
However, tonight,he stood up,played hard and showed guts.
I stood and cheered when they showed him on the sideline with the interchange card coming back on in the second half!
Well Done Crabman - from me to you - RESPECT :righton:

He has really improved over the last couple of weeks and I don't think he was that bad before this good period.

Played well and has done for atleast 6 weeks now.

I was 1 that thought he shouldve been dropped earlier in the year and even last year

at the start of the season i didn't like this bloke. but the last few weeks he's come good.
and when they showed him coming back on I actually said thank christ.
he showed some good pace and courage just to come back out there.. i was hoping it wasn't premature and it'd be a similar scenario to KG against souths.

he always puts in 100%. i get suprised why so many ppl on here rip into him.

@Torbizlo said:
he always puts in 100%. i get suprised why so many ppl on here rip into him.

Agreed, the guy is quality. He is becoming a good finisher.

I haven't been a fan of Ryan's all year. However he has turned his form around the past few weeks and I also cheered when he was holding the interchange card. Definitely becoming a finisher, rather then letting it go over the sideline. 3 doubles from 3 games, or 7 tries from 4 games.

I read somewhere that his was the Rubber man or something to that effect. He demonstrated that name last night, being more bendable then Gumby

Ryan played well last night and did well to get back on the field in the second half after injuring his knee. He's cut a lot of the sideways running out of his game which has also benefitted him.

Thought he was rubbish when I first saw him but he has improved every game since he has stopped the crabbing. Puts in 100% effort and that's all I ever ask of a player. He will improve even more with every game he plays IMO.

ive been really critical of him this year but he has played well recently. But i just hope it isnt because he is feeling the pressure to keep his spot with all the backs we are signing. Having said that i would rather have tuquiri on the wing.

Once again Ryan's inside men let him down in defence. Was short on numbers on his wing all night. An ongoing issue.

Attacking down the right has always been an issue this year.

Galea, had he been given real time in the 12 jersey, would be providing alot more than he is now.

A lot of leaked points down the right side were due to Ryan being forced to come in on the 2nd man in leaving a gap as wide as the Grand Canyon. The slide is just not possible when there is two inside men missing all game. Payten was forced to plug the hole on a few occassions also due to having to hide Lui 2 in. A team can hide one player but not 2 in defence.

Hats off to Ryan one of our best last night, and showing us that he is a real try scorer, with great finishing skills! But im worried that he will be forgotten next year, and as we have seen in the Turqiri thread we are leading the race and i dont see us dropping Tuiaki!!

The shift of Morris out of the halves slot in defence hekped out the right side no end. Ayshford has the confidence to play direct and straight in defence and not rush the angle like Morris tended to do.

We suffered in the re-shuffle with Ayshford playing left win in terms of defensive structure.

Than again losing both wingers we were never going to cover up in the re-shuffle whilst having to guard Lui.

It is a shame we just didn't congratulate the kid on a solid debut and slipped him back to the 20's for this match

i have always been interested at the amount of criticism he has received the whole time. he has always been solid and reliable and imo a good winger!

as for lui:

@smeghead said:
It is a shame we just didn't congratulate the kid on a solid debut and slipped him back to the 20's for this match

that would've done him the world of confidence. NOT.

if you play well you deserve to keep your spot as far as i am concerned, not get dropped after a good debut.

Back