Brent Naden #256

As I've read, if we've only signed him for around 200 to 250 a season, it's a low risk signing. I'm hoping his poor form at the dogs was due to the fact he wasn't happy and to be fair, no one at the dogs has stood out much so far this year.

Last edited:
I'm sure that Malcolm thing was a slip up on your part, but I would imagine Brent Naden has copped a bit of that Malcolm Naden taunting before and whatever everyone thinks of him as a player, I hope he doesn't cop any more of that Malcolm Naden stuff over here.

I'm happy with the signing as long as he has learnt his lesson from the drug taking BS. We are so in need of outside backs and his price tag is good.

I'm happy with the signing as long as he has learnt his lesson from the drug taking BS. We are so in need of outside backs and his price tag is good.

Yeah definitely mate, not knowing the bloke, but to do that on GF eve, hopefully has learnt a lesson from it.

I am not a fan of the signing. We need consistent performers to build a culture. Short term he’s an upgrade on our centres due to injury but we shouldn’t care for the short term and buy players for the future. I get he has talent but we are not the club for diamonds in the rough with off field issues. Jet, Bj etc never really worked out.

Happened fairly quick today.

Naden wanted out of the Dogs. Dogs have already paid half his salary for this season and are chipping in 100k-150k for next season.

All up, Tigers are paying 200k for the remainder of this season and 250k for next season.
I'm doubting these figures.

Why would da Doogies chip in for a player who's requested a release? You'd think his contract for next year would simply be passed on (in full) to the receiving club.

I'm doubting these figures.

Why would da Doogies chip in for a player who's requested a release? You'd think his contract for next year would simply be passed on (in full) to the receiving club.
Pretty simple as they are over the cap next year with Kikau and Moloney coming and will need to increase Burtons contract. All money counts and Tigers most likely said no unless you contribute.

Depth signing. Tigers have been looking out for value-proposition backline depth for ages. This is why we leapt on Kepaoa when he became available at Roosters, and why we've been fielding Jimmy Jet for 1-and-a-bit seasons.

I'm fine with it, I imagine we are getting value for money, and personally I'm a bit tired of fielding backrowers in the centres, with absolute novices on the wings.

Pretty simple as they are over the cap next year with Kikau and Moloney coming and will need to increase Burtons contract. All money counts and Tigers most likely said no unless you contribute.
They would save more if we assumed his contract in full, for next year. Which is what I think has happened...

No Mate,

we are n the middle of a injury crisis and Centre is a particular problem for us.

Naden is OK and an astute pick up.

Great that there were no leaks as well.
I don’t think there was time for a leak

Good business decision. 2 year deal. Dogs chipping in $$ for a position we are very weak in with all the injuries.
I think that’s the reality of this signing. Our backline is decimated, particularly centre and this a solid first grader who has experience in that position and it’s subsidised and a short deal. Low risk, low cost high need. Bad business not to sign him

Back