12 Willie Mataka
13 Jared Farlow

14 Ryan Dalziel
15 John Clayton
16 Matthew Ryan
17 Brett Lane
18 Billy Callaway

Coach: Paul Fletcher

______________________________________________________________________________________
**Canterbury**

1 Tim Winitana
2 Heka Nanai
3 Kose Lelei
4 Junior Tia-Kilifi
5 Brent Beddy

6 Trent Cutler
7 Josh Reynolds

8 Brad Morrin
9 Nathan Smith
10 Tim Browne
11 Daniel Rauicava
12 Daniel Harrison
13 Harlan Alaalatoa

14 Rhys Jack
15 Benson Tupou
16 Martin Taupau
17 Conrad Taakimoeaka

Coach: Justin holbrook
\
\
\
\
1 Tim Winitana
2 Heka Nanai
3 Kose Lelei
4 Junior Tia-Kilifi
5 Brent Beddy
6 Trent Cutler
7 Josh Reynolds
8 Brad Morrin
9 Nathan Smith
10 Tim Browne
11 Daniel Rauicava
12 Daniel Harrison
13 Harlan Alaalatoa

14 Rhys Jack
15 Benson Tupou
16 Martin Taupau
17 Conrad Taakimoeaka

Coach: Justin holbrook

king_sirro

@alex said:
Was expecting Mataka, Gower or Taumata to be in FG.

i think u mean hoping not expecting. How could u ever expect Sheens to give lower grade players a go?

Mrs_T

I think I'll get my footy fix at Leichhardt this week! Go Tigers!

G

Taumata in the centres is an interesting move. I wonder if this is being done because Ayshfrord is out for the next 6 weeks?

Aladinsane

@willow said:
Taumata in the centres is an interesting move. I wonder if this is being done because Ayshfrord is out for the next 6 weeks?

100% Willow , that would be Sheens plan , and the fact that Arana prefers playing in the centres than organizing a team Playing in the halves.

I am happy for Darren Nichols who is improving with every game and working better with Blake .This should be a good test for Arana , and I bet Sheens will be there watching …..just hope he doesn't waste his chance

G

@Aladinsane said:
@willow said:

100% Willow , that would be Sheens plan , and the fact that Arana prefers playing in the centres than organizing a team Playing in the halves.

I am happy for Darren Nichols who is improving with every game and working better with Blake .This should be a good test for Arana , and I bet Sheens will be there watching …..just hope he doesn't waste his chance

There's no doubt Taumata is more dangerous wider of the ruck with more space so hopefully he has a good dig in the centres and impresses. Nichols deserves his spot in the halves and is a solid foil for Lazarus and brings a bit more stability IMO. It will be a tough game against the Bulldogs but if Balmain turn up switched on, then they can definitely win this one.

Gobbs

Taumata in the Centres? That'll do me. Had played in the halves all his life. Bellamey brought him to Melbourne to play in the halves with Cronk before he found himself in hot water. Wests Tigers signed him as a half, he's played all season in the halves and now Sheens wants him in the centres? The manufacturing-Makeshift King is at it again!!! Fair dinkum

G

@Gobbs said:
Taumata in the Centres? That'll do me. Had played in the halves all his life. Bellamey brought him to Melbourne to play in the halves with Cronk before he found himself in hot water. Wests Tigers signed him as a half, he's played all season in the halves and now Sheens wants him in the centres? The manufacturing-Makeshift King is at it again!!! Fair dinkum

Yeah but to be honest I don't think he's natural half. He can play 5/8 but he's not a genuine organiser. I think it's definitely worth giving him a run in the centres as he has exceptional pace and can beat a player with good footwork.

Aladinsane

@Gobbs said:

In RLW this morning ther was a small piece, stating exactly this Gobbs that Sheens has other plans for the enigmatic Kiwi once he finds full fitness, …....Sheens said,.."Arana is big and strong and has the making of a good outside back.....He has played most of his football in the last few yearsin the halves, but he could prove a very good centre and we may try him there".

Hence All, we can see what is coming for Arana under Sheens.....5/8=====> Centre=====> Backrow====> Prop

Geo

Staff member
Forum Leader
From the games I've seen Taumata play this year Sheens is right….he looks much more comfortable in the centres when any playmaking duties have been removed....

Besides we have Benji Marshall in first grade...do we really need 2 of them?

Great to see Nichols and Carr in their rightfull spots 2

system

Feel for Brett Lane in the Taumata shift to be honest. His defence against Windsor saved us repeatedly.

Arana is a 5/8 not a half so the shift to centre makes more sense than a move to halfback

Captain_Awesome

Taumata could have been shifted to help groom him for a utility spot if not right centre. Showing that he can handle a spot in the outside backs could give us a utility who can actually play well in multiple positions. 9,7,6,5,4,3,2,1,13,

Aladinsane

**Balmain Ryde Eastwood Tigers Vs Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs Match Preview**
Leichhardt Oval, Saturday, May 22
Kick-off: 3.00pm
**Referee:** Gavin Morris

A loss for the Tigers here will see them lose their grasp on the top spot while a loss for the Bulldogs could see the one time ladder leaders fall to as far as sixth. The ramifications around this one are huge for both these sides and the game is likely to be played accordingly.

Interestingly enough both of these sides come into this one off the back of losses from round ten as the Tigers gave up a halftime lead to eventually go down to Windsor 34-32 while the Dogs were held scoreless in the seconf half by the Storm and were soundly beaten 31-18\. A very intersting side note for this match is the appearance off the Canterbury bench of young Rhys Jack. The son of former Tigers great, Gary Jack, Rhys has been plying his trade in the NYC over the past couple of seasons after being signed by the Bulldogs from under the nose of the Tigers.

No doubt an appearance at Leichhardt against the famous Black and Gold of Balmain will bring mixed emotions for this young man, but no doubt he will handle it with aplomb. In other team news the Tigers are relatively unchanged however the Dogs have been affected by Origin with Joel Romelo called up to the NRL along with Jake Foster and Shane Neumann. It would be extremely uncharastic for either one of these sides to lose two in a row but the reality is that come 5pm Saturday, one of these sides may have.

Aladinsane

Tigers playing fantastic footy, and after 18 minutes of play , they have scored 3 great tries , all converted by Meaney , who is on fire , scoring one , setting up 1 , saving one …
BRET 18
Canterbury Nil