BRET Vs The Sharks @Shark Park @ Sat 22nd @4.30pm

Aladinsane

**NSW State Cup Round 20 Team**A
\
\
Balmain Ryde Eastwood Coach Paul Fletcher has announced his squad to take on the Sharks.
The game is scheduled for Toyota Stadium on Saturday 22nd August.

Kick off is at 4.30pm.
\
\
1.Sean Meaney
2.Billy Callaway
3.Lee Bennett c
4.Brett Lane
5.Mat Parata

6.Gavin Cowan
7.Josh Lewis

8.Eloni Vunakece
9.Ryan Carr
10.David Gower
11.Dean Webster
12.Dene Halatau
13.Jared Farlow

INTERCHANGE

14.Matthew Ryan
15.Fletcher Hawkins
16.Jarvan White
17.Steve Moses
18.Ben Falcone
\
\
PLAYERS OUT
Matthew Davidson
Baden Hall - wrist
Willie Mataka - Eye - 2 weeks
Luke McInnes - Shoulder season
Franco Kmet - ankle - season
Rhys Hanbury - NRL
Al Schirnack - NRL
Peni Tagive - Shoulder season

system

Great to see Parata back.

Hard luck for McInnes with the shoulder after coming back from a knee injury

It is a tough ask this weekend. We have one recognised prop in the team. Hawkins wil have to play prop off the bench and Gower probably toplay the 80 again.

Heart should get them through

balmain1

Great to see Deane Webster getting a go in the starting line up alongside Dene Halatau. We have a real shortage of front rowers doesn't help when we lose Schirnack to NRL but good on him well deserved.

system

Yeah his impact really turned out to be the difference against Shellharbour.

I would imagine if all goes well Friday night that Hanbury will start in the centres in Lanes place shifting Lane to the bench and Jarvan enjoying a kebab

G

Poor buggers look a bit light in the forwards but they might be able to run the Sharks around if they control the ball. Hopefully they can knock over the Sharks.

Aladinsane

The Tigers beat them in a close one 5 weeks ago at Leichhardt, but our lack of props and inconsistency is a major problem.

Hopefully Hanbury is not required on Friday so he is available on Saturday.A hard fought win by BRET is the best we can hope for

alien

I think the Magpies might be sending me there to spy on balmain ryde on saturday.
seems there are a couple of Bundaberg Cup matches there aswell.
Week 2 in the finals:
22/08/2009 Bankstown Bulls VS Mounties @ Leichhardt Oval
22/08/2009 Wentworthville Magpies VS Cabramatta @ Leichhardt Oval
not sure of the times

alien

oops sorry i thought the balmain ryde game was at leichhardt too. my mistake

Ric_Sissons

Alien … FYI
Bundy Cup games at Leichhardt on Saturday are 1.15pm and 3pm.
Tigers are playing away at Cronulla at 4.30pm.

crouching_tiger

Think it's 7- 0 half time to BRET. Hanbury the best on-field. Halatau fairly quiet. With Lewis slotting over a field goal just before the siren.

balmain1

Not Sure of the score but BRET were outstanding winners today. Halatau, Schirnack, Roach, Webster and Hanbury were all good. Great win for the boys. Keep it up guys. Can't understand why Hanbury doesn't get more of a go with NRL.

X-Pac

@balmain1 said:
Not Sure of the score but BRET were outstanding winners today. Halatau, Schirnack, Roach, Webster and Hanbury were all good. Great win for the boys. Keep it up guys. Can't understand why Hanbury doesn't get more of a go with NRL.

did he play at fullback ? cause thats probley why
if meaney is holding him out in reserves why should hanbury get a go at nrl ahead of meaney at fb ??

balmain1

Not sure if Meaney is actually holding him out of reserves at the fullback position. In reserves Hanbury slots well into the centre position he can play there at Fullback or 5/8 half position. Only saying that hes consistently good with BRET and I can't understand why he doesn't get more of a go in the NRL.

system

Great defensive effort. One of the more complete displays from the boys this year.

Halatau got players player

tomcat

@smeghead said:
Great defensive effort. One of the more complete displays from the boys this year.

Halatau got players player

were you at the game smeg? if so can you give me more detail on the game and how the boys went, what was the final score?

system

Yeah mate I was there.

We won 31 to 18\. Cronulla scored a conselation try on the siren though.

The Sharks are no push overs with a sprinkling of NRL talent including this week, Symonds, Taliapapa (sp?), Vea, Weyman and guys like Paea and Tony Caine.

BRET were just solid all throughout the game. The team lineup changed from programme to

1.Meaney
2.Lane
3.Lee Bennett c
4.Hanbury
5.Mat Parata

6.Cowan
7.Lewis

8.Schirnack
9.Carr
10.Gower
11.Webster
12.Halatau
13.Farlow

8\. Vunakace
14.M Ryan (Did Not Play)
15.Hawkins
17.Moses
??. Roach
??. Roquia(sp?) DNP.

The first half was a battle through the forwards for the most part with BRET coming out on top. Just hard running. Webster is really impressing. A Field goal on half time sent the boys into the shed at 7 - 0 despite being penalised 5 times in the first 10 minutes.

The second half was a more free flowing affair in attack for the boys. Hanbury was great running good support lines and the usual suspects in Farlow and Gower did their thing. Eloni hit the ball up harder than he has in a long time and did so throughout all of his stints.

Halatau was very busy. Played the 80 and just dug right in.

Big Al picked up a calf injury though and Cowan suffered a dislocated finger but both will hopefully be good for next week.

It is unfair to single a player out because the team functioned well together. The week off did them the world of ggod and now to prepare for Wenty.

A highlight for me was Blockers son going on report for his first tackle within being on the field for less than a minute. He has nothing to worry about as there was nothing in it but it did give cause to reminisce and smile