Luke Brooks - Mega Thread

Here's the Josh Reynolds story.

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/brett-hodgson-confirms-josh-reynolds-leave-hull-fc/

Even accounting for the fact that he's not very good, why would Hodgo cut him loose mid season with no replacement lined up? Hull are currently 5th on the ladder and very much a contender for the semis. An immediate Brooks switch does make perfect sense...
You get that from reading an article about Josh playing with a lack of confidence and not being able to play to the team and coaches expectations.
And then you suggest Brooks replace him?

To be really honest about Luke Brooks,his real problem was he was a junior through our system...he showed great talent and potential,had a couple of legends around him,but also had a lot of club instability as well...
What Im saying,had Brooks been behind a stable solid pack for the last 5 or so years then we would of seen a different halfback to the one that has had to do his job under difficult conditions because of the instability with coaches and rosters...
Its a hard task making it into the NRL,getting everything to suit is a totally different arena...
I dare say that Lukes career has suffered because of the ineptness of this club...I often had a shot at him,but in hindsight I still think he is a great NRL level player and should find himself a team that could use him,even though many think he will be a one club player...just my opinion....
Brooks lost me in last years game against the dogs. I feel he threw it, just like Moses did before he left.

I used to get caught up in the talk of we dont have enough go forward, Robbie and Benji hog the ball so Brooks can't get control of the team, there is too much pressure on him in the media....at the end of the day he has had 9 years to show what he can do. The club punted Benji and Robbie to give him more control and it turned to nothing.

I respect him. He stayed when the other "big 4" left us high and dry and he has been a tigers supporter all his life. But if he was at another club he wouldn't have had this many chances and it seems the more opportunity he gets the worse he performs. The UK would be a good move for him whilst he is young, and I am concerned about who takes his place, but we cant keep waiting for him to click as there is no evidence to support that it will happen.

Get rid of brooks cause Hastings and madden are killing it. And AD will with out a doubt turn our fortunes. Listening to media muppets will always ensure we get results on the park.

As a team we are so far behind the rest of the comp it’s a joke.
Did you really say Madden is killing it??? It is late so I just wanted to double check....

I've heard players speak openly about the fact he's basically the only player in the team they do much work on.

Why do you reckon that is...
Because he needs to improve on his deficiences? :)

Like you I've defended him long and loud in the past but something has to change. Like Nofo, he is one common denominator through this period of rubbish performances by the club. I would be over the moon if he proved me wrong and have waited for a number of seasons for him to do so but feel it's time for change because it isn't working with him in the halves.

Further to my previous post on Wednesday talking of Brooks ridiculous salary of $1.1mill next year ,the NRLnews on the net is saying its $1.3 mill next year
What the ?..Madge is gone but Pascoe must have been involved .This is so damaging .Pascoe should accept responsibility and do the right thing

Further to my previous post on Wednesday talking of Brooks ridiculous salary of $1.1mill next year ,the NRLnews on the net is saying its $1.3 mill next year
What the ?..Madge is gone but Pascoe must have been involved .This is so damaging .Pascoe should accept responsibility and do the right thing
The Club hasn't released his package nor should they it is confidential. Do you really believe the sources coming out with this information.? It is only being used to whack him over the head.

I know its hard but people don’t look at his 5yr contract and look at the overall contract value rather than each year on its own. For the 1st few years of his contract this was a non issue nor was it reported because of how low his earnings were.

I'd look at football operations for accountability.

Ok I'm staking my reputation on this one. Brooks has played his last game for us. For better or for worse, he will be playing at Hull.

Bright side for Brooks is he is likely to get his first taste of finals football this year.
Don't worry mate we have faith in you

But just in case you better organise get yourself prepared to go into protective custody if this all goes pest shaped for you

Ok I'm staking my reputation on this one. Brooks has played his last game for us. For better or for worse, he will be playing at Hull.

Bright side for Brooks is he is likely to get his first taste of finals football this year.
Don't worry mate we have faith in you

But just in case you better organise get yourself prepared to go into protective custody this all goes pear shaped for you

Back