Chooseday Night Football

system

Tonight at 8pm on Fox Sports 2.

Our 24 point turnaround against the Nukes

when I seen that topic I thought I think I know what game this wil be glad it is that one!!

@king sirro said:
Best game of Owen Craigies career. He should have always played 5/8

:laughing: Agreed…

who is that in your avatar....Graham Bradley?

I'd love for u to keep guessing but it means going off topic and im sure u as a mod cant allow that :wink:

Its supposed to be Tim Sheens but im not 100% convinced its him. It even looks a little like Roycey. Maybe Tim and Royce are long lost brothers

Oh Yeah…..Sheens..... course......

Back on topic...this game is also special cause of a certain winger who would have to be up there with the worst to ever don the Wests Tigers jumber.....Any Guesses?

did Johns play that game?? I remember it was the year Newcastle won the comp and was dodgy as hell with 40 to 26 scaliness and Johns was out alot

I think Johns did play this game. It was Kev McGuinness' first game back from suspension

Teams
Wests Tigers …....Newcastle
1\. J. CAINE ...1\. R. O'DAVIS
21\. M. RICHTER ...2\. D. ALBERT
3\. K. McGUINNESS ...3\. M. GIDLEY
2\. M. O'HALLORAN ,,,4\. A. MacDOUGALL
5\. J. CARLAW ... 5\. T. TAHU

20\. O. CRAIGIE ... 6\. S. RUDDER
7\. B. JEFFRIES ... 17\. J. WYNNE

8\. S. WALKER ...8\. J. PERRY
9\. C. MESCIA ...9\. J. MORRIS
10\. C. PEARSON ...10\. M. PARSONS
11\. L. O'DONNELL ...11\. S. SIMPSON
12\. D. SENTER (c) ...12\. B. KENNEDY
6\. B. GALEA ...13\. B. PEDEN (c)

14\. W. MANU ...14\. P. MARQUET
15\. S. CROUCH ...15\. C. O'BRIEN
16\. M. O'NEILL ...16\. J. BAILEY
17\. J. SKANDALIS ...18\. C. NEWTON

Coach T. J. LAMB M. HAGAN

J. WYNNE
????? who?????? hahahhaaha cant say I remember that halfback

The Penrith player is Warren (Mr. McGoo) Fenton in the avatar, a Scanlens card from 1981 and he was obviously a team mate of the nascent Super Coach, also I just wish that Owen Craigie had hung around long enough under Tim Sheens to regain his form, Langers did nothing to encourage him to excel at Souths and I remember the game at the SFS in 2004 and yelling out to Craigie playing reserve grade, 'you never played reserve grade at the Tigers!'.

One of the best days in my life - probably the best.

My daughter was born and we had that comeback.

Going back to tonights game, James Wynn is currently playing in France for Toulouse Olympique in the Co Operative Championship of the English RL and I think has qualified to play for Les Chanticlairs through residency, he was in the vein of Brett Kimmorley/Justin Holbrook, the second greatest halfback in Newcastle behind Andrew Johns.
The Newcastle side looks pretty close to the Knights side that won the 2001 Premiership over Parramatta minus Andrew Johns, I don't know if Joey was injured for this game or just been given the weekend off, having just read his book I should have taken more notice.

@Golden said:
J. WYNNE
????? who?????? hahahhaaha cant say I remember that halfback

Played a few games. Was a handy half without ever cementing his spot. Probably a little like Jeffries

Back