Coaching & Retention

Stevec

It seems over last few years that players who were very good at other clubs are flops at the tigers for example Josh reynolds and the juries still out on peachy .
Also players that were average at the tigers are much better elsewhere for example eisenheuth and momorovski .Now we are losing good players Luciano ,Kelma and now Garner
We seem to lose more than we gain and are going backwards
What is impressive about the Storm is they can take run of the mill players and turn them into stars

It seems over last few years that players who were very good at other clubs are flops at the tigers for example Josh reynolds and the juries still out on peachy .
Also players that were average at the tigers are much better elsewhere for example eisenheuth and momorovski .Now we are losing good players Luciano ,Kelma and now Garner
We seem to lose more than we gain and are going backwards
What is impressive about the Storm is they can take run of the mill players and turn them into stars

Momirovski was always a decent player here. For whatever reason he wasn't favoured. I would have liked us to keep Eisenhuth, he would have been cheap and was a workhorse.

Luciano is getting paid stupid money to join the Cowboys, we are apparently getting a better player in Papali'i for less. Kelma left for big money at Manly without reportedly speaking to the Tigers before signing.

I would rather see Garner play for Penrith than extend on $375K a year with us.

Momirovski was always a decent player here. For whatever reason he wasn't favoured. I would have liked us to keep Eisenhuth, he would have been cheap and was a workhorse.

Luciano is getting paid stupid money to join the Cowboys, we are apparently getting a better player in Papali'i for less. Kelma left for big money at Manly without reportedly speaking to the Tigers before signing.

I would rather see Garner play for Penrith than extend on $375K a year with us.
Tha Pom said that the club did offer Kelma an upgrade but Manly offer was way over the top for him.

Also players that were average at the tigers are much better elsewhere for example eisenheuth and momorovski .
They aren't doing better, they just have more support and less pressure to do their job and concentrate on their own strengths.

When you add a Momo or Huth to an already solid roster, they can have decent output. They won't go to another level, but they won't let you down either.

If you ask Momo or Huth to be the focal point of improving your roster, that's an entirely different request.

Another example - I still maintain Tedesco at Tigers was as good as anything he's done individually at the Roosters, except at the Roosters he's had several seasons of being surrounded by elite-level players who take pressure off him (same as Tim Brasher was always excellent during Origin despite playing for a low-ranked Balmain side).

I would reject any assertion that Roosters have made Tedesco a better footballer, they just provided a structure where he was not always the primary defensive target. That structure is not working for Roosters so far in 2022, and as a result Tedesco is having far less impact.

Ah OK, there seems to be a couple versions of the story floating around...
As I understand it WT were actively negotiating with Kelma T and had offered a 2 year contract equally the Manly offer, but then Manly came back with a 3rd year offer and Kelma T signed, without asking WT to match the offer or even giving hem the opportunity.

I am of the opinion Kelma T just used WT to get the opportunity to show his wares and then go elsewhere for a better chance elsewhere.

However, Others have also played well here and not done so much else where. Woods and Matterson are the first that come to mind. Woods was a rep player here and Matterson was knocking on Origins door. Both names won't even land anywhere near Freddy's desk this year. We aren't all that bad. We just need a well rounded team, not 1 or 2 good players and rest crap.

However, Others have also played well here and not done so much else where. Woods and Matterson are the first that come to mind. Woods was a rep player here and Matterson was knocking on Origins door. Both names won't even land anywhere near Freddy's desk this year. We aren't all that bad. We just need a well rounded team, not 1 or 2 good players and rest crap.
Matterson only here 1 year ? But I'm happy the There are exceptions where someone played better here. At least we are not recruiting players on verge of retirement anymore eg Matilino ,Packer,Ballin

I think all it proves is you need a team of good players to be good team. Josh Addo Carr went to Melbourne and I don't think he got exponentially better or faster. He got great service from halves and centres. At Bulldogs he has not had the same impact for the same reason. Dane Gagai at Newcastle same argument.

As I understand it WT were actively negotiating with Kelma T and had offered a 2 year contract equally the Manly offer, but then Manly came back with a 3rd year offer and Kelma T signed, without asking WT to match the offer or even giving hem the opportunity.

I am of the opinion Kelma T just used WT to get the opportunity to show his wares and then go elsewhere for a better chance elsewhere.
He has a crook left shoulder anyway

Kelma still has alot to work on. His goal defence has been ordinary, and he doesn't have the best hands.

Last edited:
Ah OK, there seems to be a couple versions of the story floating around...
There's no way Kelma would sign a contract without knowing what the Tigers were prepared to offer.
He said in an interview recently [and I believe him] that he's ever so grateful for Madge giving him a go and that he didn't want to face Madge and tell him about Manly.
So I don't think there is any reason other than more $ and a chance to play finals footy.

Reactions: BZN
So far Blore appears to be made of glass, hopefully next season he stays healthy and develops a bit of attacking flare because things are looking a bit sparse in the back row unless we can pull of some decent signings.

Overrated imo. Hasnt made more then 65 meters outside or round 1, misses plenty of tackles and just not involved enough. Is almost 2 yrs older the Blore. Wont miss him next yr imo
This is how I feel about Kelma. I don’t see him ever being a star, he’ll be a 20-30 minute bench player at Manly I think.

As for Momirovski I know several Roosters fans who hate when he is selected. I think some people see players go to other clubs and assume they are doing great but in reality he isn’t in the Roosters to p 17 if everyone is fit. Pretty similar for Eisenhuth.

I’m not trying to bag the guys they are both far better than I ever was but I think we have a habit here of over rating current and former players.

Overrated imo. Hasnt made more then 65 meters outside or round 1, misses plenty of tackles and just not involved enough. Is almost 2 yrs older the Blore. Wont miss him next yr imo
Needs to run at those gaps, off the shouder of Hastings 5m out against Cowboys.

Back