Could Farah seek a release???

alexaki

New member
Joined
Jul 11, 2009
Messages
5,287
I recall that Robbie Farah when negotiating his latest deal he sought certain assurances from the Wests Tigers in terms of direction, recruiting and playing players in their correct positions…well as we all can see Sheens certainly has not done the right thing in playing players out of position(irrespective of injury status)...I reckon Robbie would be bitterly disappointed in how we failed to make the semis and our performances over the final 3 games(assuming a big loss this Friday..I know we wont score points with JM at 7)...much of this was due to Sheens playing players out of position...all up it would not come as a shock if Robbie out of frustration seeks to explore his options...I hope not...but it wouldn't surprise.
 

Gary_Bakerloo

New member
Joined
Jul 14, 2009
Messages
2,553
He would be a fool if he did.

Before checking any get out clauses in his contract, maybe he should work on his kicking game. Two kicks out on the full by him against Parra and Gold Coast are two reasons (amongst others) why we are not currently in 5th place on 30 points.
 

Defiant

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 13, 2009
Messages
1,132
Mate if we were going to lose him he would have left at the end of his last contract.

His a L W boy and will no doubt will stay loyal.

If his unhappy aboput missing the finals he only has to look in the mirror.
 

Tigermac

New member
Joined
Jul 13, 2009
Messages
474
I think you are being a bit too harsh on Farah.

He did make some mistakes yeah, but that what happens when you give 100% all the time.

I think Fararh should stop thinking about origin and australian hooker for a while (i know he has little choice now) and just concentrate on the Wests Tigers.

It must have been a terrible time for him to be dropped from Origin in the way he was and obviously it has had a huge effect on him.

He was trying to do to much and unfortunately his plays did not come off. I for one thinks he has looked very very down both on and off the field since origin, but on the field he has given his all.
 

Geo

Moderator
Staff member
Forum Leader
Joined
Jul 10, 2009
Messages
47,799
Location
Campbelltown NSW..
Don't think he'd throw the $$$$$$$$$..away

He's a 1 club player…...Robbie won't walk away....We will make the finals before his contract expires..He will be a huge part of it...
 

Tigerpete

New member
Joined
Jul 11, 2009
Messages
1,530
Simple answer is no. Robbie listed a few KPI's, if we can call them that, most of which the club appears to have met. Obviously missing the finals is one not met but Robbie's is no position to be barking orders now that contracts have been signed.
 

RatedRKO

New member
Joined
Jul 12, 2009
Messages
1,261
@Gary Bakerloo said:
He would be a fool if he did.

Before checking any get out clauses in his contract, maybe he should work on his kicking game. Two kicks out on the full by him against Parra and Gold Coast are two reasons (amongst others) why we are not currently in 5th place on 30 points.

Your a fool.

Farah is our best player. We were never going to win those games with the injuries we had. Whether he made the kicks or not didn't matter, saying that is a cop out.
 

shifty

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 13, 2009
Messages
958
@djm619 said:
@Gary Bakerloo said:
He would be a fool if he did.

Before checking any get out clauses in his contract, maybe he should work on his kicking game. Two kicks out on the full by him against Parra and Gold Coast are two reasons (amongst others) why we are not currently in 5th place on 30 points.

Your a fool.

Farah is our best player. We were never going to win those games with the injuries we had. Whether he made the kicks or not didn't matter, saying that is a cop out.

Even with injuries, we WERE in a position to win both games…i agree with gary, 2 kicks did cost us big especially against parra, they had nothing until that kick by farah went out...there attack couldnt break our line...
 

Ausmunin

New member
Joined
Jul 13, 2009
Messages
100
Does anyone know whether his contract stipulated anything about Sheens being kept on as coach for the remainder of his (Sheens) contract? May sound like a silly question but I was told by a friend a number of players signed because Sheens was coach.

I hope not because I want a new coach and recruitment staff to base a team around some our current squad which Farrah is number one (along with Ellis, Laurence, Benji and a couple of others).
 
G

Guest

Guest
Robbie won't leave and the Tigers will be a stronger outfit next season.
 

hybrid_tiger

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 11, 2009
Messages
4,879
Location
Latchem Robinson Stand
@Gary Bakerloo said:
He would be a fool if he did.

Before checking any get out clauses in his contract, maybe he should work on his kicking game. Two kicks out on the full by him against Parra and Gold Coast are two reasons (amongst others) why we are not currently in 5th place on 30 points.

And if we didn't have Farah we would be close to the wooden spoon.

You're an idiot.
 

Gary_Bakerloo

New member
Joined
Jul 14, 2009
Messages
2,553
@hybrid_tiger said:
And if we didn't have Farah we would be close to the wooden spoon.

You're an idiot.

I will answer both of these statements:

1\. If we did not have Farah, we still would have won more than 5 games. A team with Marshall and Moltzen and a half decent hooker would win more than enough games.

2\. No, I am not an idiot, as I am making an objective observation. Both games were high pressure matches and he came up short with pressure filled errors. I am not saying he is a poor player, but when we needed him to stand up with mature, high percentage plays, he did not deliver in these two matches.

The kick from the 20m line against the Gold Coast with 8 minutes to go (6 points down) smacked of panic. It was not required and cost us the match.
 

Tigermac

New member
Joined
Jul 13, 2009
Messages
474
@Gary Bakerloo said:
@hybrid_tiger said:
1\. If we did not have Farah, we still would have won more than 5 games. A team with Marshall and Moltzen and a half decent hooker would win more than enough games.

Is this a sick joke. I love Timmy Moltzen, but how many times was he out of position on Saturday!
 

hybrid_tiger

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 11, 2009
Messages
4,879
Location
Latchem Robinson Stand
@Gary Bakerloo said:
@hybrid_tiger said:
And if we didn't have Farah we would be close to the wooden spoon.

You're an idiot.

I will answer both of these statements:

1\. If we did not have Farah, we still would have won more than 5 games. A team with Marshall and Moltzen and a half decent hooker would win more than enough games.

2\. No, I am not an idiot, as I am making an objective observation. Both games were high pressure matches and he came up short with pressure filled errors. I am not saying he is a poor player, but when we needed him to stand up with mature, high percentage plays, he did not deliver in these two matches.

The kick from the 20m line against the Gold Coast with 8 minutes to go (6 points down) smacked of panic. It was not required and cost us the match.

We wouldn't have won half as many games as we did without Farah. He carried us more times than I can remember.

The real blame lies with recruitment, team selection etc. etc.
 

tiger05

New member
Joined
Jul 12, 2009
Messages
1,692
@Gary Bakerloo said:
He would be a fool if he did.

Before checking any get out clauses in his contract, maybe he should work on his kicking game. Two kicks out on the full by him against Parra and Gold Coast are two reasons (amongst others) why we are not currently in 5th place on 30 points.

I agree - I mean he hasn't had a good season has he.

Top player & our captain but seriously anyone suggesting he should be looking to get out because of the teams performances and not considering Robbie's performances is not looking at the whole picture.
 

sleet52

New member
Joined
Aug 23, 2009
Messages
172
@Gary Bakerloo said:
@hybrid_tiger said:
The kick from the 20m line against the Gold Coast with 8 minutes to go (6 points down) smacked of panic. It was not required and cost us the match.

Mate if that kick payed off we would have been starting the set in the Titans half and would have had a good chance of scoring. If you look at the game against the Knights you will find that he went for the same play and it went out, changing the whole momentum of the game.
YOU GOTTA HAVE THOSE PLAYERS IN YOUR TEAM!!!!!
 

Marshall_magic

New member
Joined
Jul 14, 2009
Messages
4,384
@sleet52 said:
@Gary Bakerloo said:
@hybrid_tiger said:
The kick from the 20m line against the Gold Coast with 8 minutes to go (6 points down) smacked of panic. It was not required and cost us the match.

Mate if that kick payed off we would have been starting the set in the Titans half and would have had a good chance of scoring. If you look at the game against the Knights you will find that he went for the same play and it went out, changing the whole momentum of the game.
YOU GOTTA HAVE THOSE PLAYERS IN YOUR TEAM!!!!!

Agreed, I could see he was lining up for it. Maybe if some players put in a semi decent chase they wouldn't have scored from it.
 

westTAHger

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 13, 2009
Messages
5,195
this may stray off tpoic a bit, for that I'm sorry.
BUT the only thing that I wish for Robbie to seek a release is;
release a wild bunch of punches to Ennis's head each time they pack in a scrum. :pray:
once again release Farah's fits of fury, and that would put a smile on all of our faces. :wahoo:
 

tiger4ever

New member
Joined
Jul 30, 2009
Messages
1,634
Location
BLACKTOWN
[

**I hope not because I want a new coach and recruitment staff to base a team around some our current squad which Farrah is number one (along with Ellis, Laurence, Benji and a couple of others).**

What a laugh you want to get a new coach and staff to base it around a team that sheens has created.Good work.

Im dissapointed about not making the 8 but im not going to kick the players whilst they are down.Oh thats right its wasnt the players fault why we didnt make it was it?There is many aspects of our club that has improved under sheens and yet some say 4 years without finals but without sheens it wouldve been 10 years without it so get over it atleast where not running 3rd last like balmain and last like wests was before they joined.

I much rather look at positives and not have a cry about things.
 

crouching_tiger

New member
Joined
Jul 14, 2009
Messages
1,831
Farah is just that type of player where he puts in 110% EVERY week. Being like this has it's downside at times, and there is no middle ground. Either the "hero" or the "villain".
A few years ago, Farah cost the team a spot in the finals because he was adamant his back was fine and just wanted to continue to play injured. I recall that fateful day against the Bunnies at Leichhardt which brought Farah to tears very clearly.
Well Faffy…i do know you read this forum as you like having your tyres pumped up, reflect on how you felt that day to how i felt last week on the sidelines at Gold Coast. No need to be the "hero" every week, it's a TEAM sport.
 
Top