Dear Mr Radio Personality

Staks

http://www.weststigersforum.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=38" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dear Mr Radio Personality,

Re: Another Poor Crowd
>
Postby citizen cub » Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:59 pm
It's the same old story with Cambo.
>
I can accept the fact that fans in the inner west aren't travelling down to Cambo, but people in south west area should get out and support their team, just like the inner west fans turn out to Leichhardt.
>
Mark my words, Leichhardt will get a better crowd next week
\
\
Campbelltown is not a fortress!

Keep up the great work on 2KY.
\
\
![](http://corriecanuck.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/lemon1.jpg)

I heard the crowd at Leichhardt Oval last night was only around 11,300.

Who is citizen cub anyway?

I knew someonw would bring this up and you have to laugh a little. but really i am born and bred magpies fan but love leichardt and campbeltown and have embraced the joint venture with open arms. It is a pity some people still want to divide the club with their own agendas.

Last nights crowd felt a little bigger at the ground but a real hard day to pull a crowd
1– monday night
2--out of town team
3--afternoon and early evening rain
4--back to school day tuesday
Just a few excuses for a poorish crowd

PS--a couple more wins and they will have to lock the gates at Cambo for the Penrith game, both grounds will get good crowds when given good games at good time slots

In a perfect world, Campbelltown would get Saturday arvo / night games and Leichhardt would get Sunday arvo. The crowds would flock in and one less thing to talk about on here

@Staks said:
http://www.weststigersforum.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=38
Dear Mr Radio Personality,

Re: Another Poor Crowd
>
Postby citizen cub » Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:59 pm
It's the same old story with Cambo.
>
I can accept the fact that fans in the inner west aren't travelling down to Cambo, but people in south west area should get out and support their team, just like the inner west fans turn out to Leichhardt.
>
Mark my words, Leichhardt will get a better crowd next week
\
\
Campbelltown is not a fortress!

Keep up the great work on 2KY.
\
\
![](http://corriecanuck.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/lemon1.jpg)

First of all, you need to get your identities right. You've taken the time to cut and paste a post from Citizen Cub, who does not phone 2KY. I do and while I thank you for the compliment, I do not consider myself a 'personality'', just someone who enjoys a little humour. If on the other hand, you find me having a chat on 2KY is personally irritating, well, I'm sorry, but I reserve the right to continue making calls.

Last night's crowd was very dissapointing and from my point of view, live on Fox, a coldish night with a little rain about etc, etc, does not cut the mustard. There's no better return for $20 than a night out at Leichhardt.

10 years on and people refuse to let go.
Eventually you will all be phased out by the new generation of tigers fans so enjoy your 15 mins of forum fame.

11K was very dissapointing just as was 14K at Cambo last Friday….People complain about Wests SFS but Unless peeps show up at Traditional Grounds it's a no Brainer for the Club....A Shame really cause now Lortay along with Farah have said the Crowd was a HUGE factor in the wins....

@hybrid_tiger said:
Should not ever by night games at Leichhardt Oval.

Not having a go at you personally, but I see this complaint on the forum a lot and I think it is pointless.

Firstly, Wests Tigers does not get a choice when it plays, it is determined by channel 9 and fox sports.

Secondly, every club, not just Wests Tigers, wants to play on Sunday afternoons at 3pm. It is the double whammy, big crowd and delayed free-to-air exposure. No doubt that Leichhardt is nice on a Sunday afternoon, but every club would feel the same about their home ground as well. There is no special god given right for Wests to only play on Sunday afternoons when scheduled to play at Leichardt because its "Leichhardt".

The ground needs to adapt in order to be attractive for fans to watch rugby league on any day, any time in any conditions.

@Gary Bakerloo said:
@hybrid_tiger said:
Should not ever by night games at Leichhardt Oval.

Not having a go at you personally, but I see this complaint on the forum a lot and I think it is pointless.

Firstly, Wests Tigers does not get a choice when it plays, it is determined by channel 9 and fox sports.

Secondly, every club, not just Wests Tigers, wants to play on Sunday afternoons at 3pm. It is the double whammy, big crowd and delayed free-to-air exposure. No doubt that Leichhardt is nice on a Sunday afternoon, but every club would feel the same about their home ground as well. There is no special god given right for Wests to only play on Sunday afternoons when scheduled to play at Leichardt because its "Leichhardt".

The ground needs to adapt in order to be attractive for fans to watch rugby league on any day, any time in any conditions.

The fact that the games are determined by Channel 9 and Fox Sports in the first place is the problem, given the pathetic TV deal they have in place at the moment.

We only have four games a year at Leichhardt, if the NRL were really interested about crowds they would make sure at least three of them are on a Sunday afternoon.

So far we've have three Leichhardt games scheduled, one on a Sunday afternoon, one Monday night, one Saturday night - what's the bet the Melbourne game will be on a Saturday or Monday night?

Also, the Sunday game doesn't always have to be a free-to-air game, could be the 2pm Fox game. So not always free-to-air coverage.

The ground is not going to adapt when only four games a year are scheduled there.

IMO the best solution is to build a stadium in a central location (between Leichhardt and Campbelltown) and no longer play at either of our traditional venues, but we all know that won't happen either.

Felt like more than 11.5K, a lot more. Rain hurt and 7pm on a Monday is just so tough to make the game on time. Same with Fridays, but at least you get Saturday off.

Monday night crowds in general are below the average. I thought on a good day we'd do well to draw 14K. As it turned out, the weather wasn't great, 11K was pretty close to the mark in the end. Hard to be critical in this case though as usual it sounded like a lot more.

That was the crowd I was expecting as well. I'm not disappointed …..... thats how it is on a rainy, cold Monday night. The ones who didn't go missed a stirring second half comeback and seeing Lote and Benji turning on the magic.

Well I think we should NEVER ever have night games at cambo cause its too far from where I live, and in no way should there be Mon or Fri games at LO cause its a nightmare with traffic.
Thats my [This word has been automatically removed].
I expect everyone has their own

As for citiczen kaine cub tiger whatever the hell ur name is…..get a new name or avatar for yourself or your snotty & toffee nosed insolent sprog and people wont confuse you both

@innsaneink said:
Well I think we should NEVER ever have night games at cambo cause its too fkn far from where I live, and in no way should there be Mon or Fri games at LO cause its a nightmare with traffic.
Thats my b****.
I expect everyone has their own

As for citiczen kaine cub tiger whatever the hell ur name is…..get a new name or avatar for yourself or your snotty & toffee nosed insolent sprog and people wont confuse you both

What, I should get a name like 'crazy tattoo boy' and a disfigured cartoon character and ask the kid to dumb it down for you? I'll do my best…......

@hybrid_tiger said:
IMO the best solution is to build a stadium in a central location (between Leichhardt and Campbelltown) and no longer play at either of our traditional venues, but we all know that won't happen either.

:laughing: I sure hope not.

@Alf Duguid said:
In a perfect world, Campbelltown would get Saturday arvo / night games and Leichhardt would get Sunday arvo. The crowds would flock in and one less thing to talk about on here

C'town should get some Sunday arvo games too.

Back