Define a Forward Pass..

Suzie-Q

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 10, 2009
Messages
1,855
Location
Central Western NSW
Well, if it leaves the hands and goes backwards, or is flat for the tiges, it's a forward pass; if it's a metre or so in front of the passer in blue and gold, it's OK.
 

Archangel

New member
Joined
Aug 7, 2009
Messages
49
As far as i recall, the NRL on Fox lads schooled everyone on this a few weeks ago.
IMHO, this is what broke our momentum, especially the awesome Benji to Morris floater, which could have led to something…
Sheens will be filthy you bet..
 

Archangel

New member
Joined
Aug 7, 2009
Messages
49
@tiger05 said:
We got hammered today.

Dont be so hard on yourself mate. We courageously came and played the full 80 minutes, bar an incredibly lucky bounce to Hayne for the try..
 

Danos

New member
Joined
Jul 12, 2009
Messages
1,069
From what I could see, Lawrence threw the best forward pass tonight.
 
T

TbarTiger

Guest
@Danos said:
From what I could see, Lawrence threw the best forward pass tonight.

Exactly!! Refs didn't cost us the game tonight - Our terrible last tackle options did - In saying that we were bloody good - it is a real shame that one of these teams (maybe both) may not be playing footy in September.
 

T91

New member
Joined
Jul 12, 2009
Messages
236
@TbarTiger said:
@Danos said:
From what I could see, Lawrence threw the best forward pass tonight.

Exactly!! Refs didn't cost us the game tonight - Our terrible last tackle options did - In saying that we were bloody good - it is a real shame that one of these teams (maybe both) may not be playing footy in September.

Exactly!! :wink:
 
D

delphi17

Guest
sheens was way too soft on the refs in the conference..
should have chewed their heads off..
no wonder the refs do it to us day in and day out…
sheens needs to man up , if this happened to wayne bennet , des or bellamy, the nrl would never hear the end of it.... :imp:
 

simonthetiger

New member
Joined
Jul 10, 2009
Messages
3,705
@Suzie-Q said:
Well, if it leaves the hands and goes backwards, or is flat for the tiges, it's a forward pass; if it's a metre or so in front of the passer in blue and gold, it's OK.

\
\
Thats how I saw it…...they did about fifty.
\
\
Im pissed off but proud of the effort.
 

Mick

New member
Joined
Jul 19, 2009
Messages
57
@delphi17 said:
sheens was way too soft on the refs in the conference..
should have chewed their heads off..
no wonder the refs do it to us day in and day out…
sheens needs to man up , if this happened to wayne bennet , des or bellamy, the nrl would never hear the end of it.... :imp:

Can't afford the 10 grand.
 

alex

New member
Joined
Jul 12, 2009
Messages
3,748
Location
Haberfield
Considering the referees performance tonight I think a spray in the post match wouldve been money well spent. Tony Archer should never be let near a whistle again.
Couldnt call a forward pass.
Couldnt call an offside penalty.
Couldnt call a penalty for lying all over us in the ruck.

And this guy is considered for Origin and the Grand Final.

WHAT A JOKE.

Give the Fajajo a whistle not a flag.
 

Torbizlo

New member
Joined
Jul 19, 2009
Messages
352
if the hand(s) faces backwards at the time the ball is thrown, it is play on. its forward only when the hand(s) faces forward. its only natural for the ball to go forward with momentum at times even though its passed back. eg: when a player is running n passes the ball back and is stopped immediately after passing, physics will tell u that the momentum will float the ball forward when in fact it was passed back.

i am not suprised the calls went against us all night. anyone who has watched the tigers games the past 5 season will see that archer will rip us time n time again.
 

Archangel

New member
Joined
Aug 7, 2009
Messages
49
@Torbizlo said:
if the hand(s) faces backwards at the time the ball is thrown, it is play on. its forward only when the hand(s) faces forward. its only natural for the ball to go forward with momentum at times even though its passed back. eg: when a player is running n passes the ball back and is stopped immediately after passing, physics will tell u that the momentum will float the ball forward when in fact it was passed back.

Your explanation is spot on Torbizlo. :righton: Marshall's reaction to 'that forward' pass was priceless.. sigh…
 

Mothermagpie

New member
Joined
Jul 26, 2009
Messages
292
@Suzie-Q said:
Well, if it leaves the hands and goes backwards, or is flat for the tiges, it's a forward pass; if it's a metre or so in front of the passer in blue and gold, it's OK.

Thats it!! so frustrating… wonder what Mr Sheens will say at the press conference???
 

AndTheKungFoSing

New member
Joined
Jul 10, 2009
Messages
2,579
Location
Behind You!
@Torbizlo said:
eg: when a player is running n passes the ball back and is stopped immediately after passing, physics will tell u that the momentum will float the ball forward when in fact it was passed back.

No it doesn't….....a player stopping has nothing to do with the ball "traveling" forward... when a player stops... it just looks worse
 
Top