Dene Halatau

Kul

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Leader
Can anyone shed any light on Dene Halatau's contract situation.

And what's with this sudden injury?

I've heard/read a number of options, including:

- Off to Souths
- Off to Knights
- Off to Raiders
- Off to SL
- Staying at Tigers

So… who knows?

To be honest me too.

He is a huge liability in defence, and is a bit of a nomad in the team at the moment.

It'd be best for him and the club if he moved on I think.

Some rumours on a Raiders forum say that him and Sheens don't see eye to eye and he wants out… I hope it's true.

It would be a shame. Dene is a club-man and has come through the ranks.
It would be like losing someone like Fulton to Parramatta

@Kul said:

Halatau spoke with Cuzzo on WTV…said his manager is in dicussions with the club at the moment...It was all in his hands but spoke of his love of the Tigers and all his good mates here....

He also said if he was on Farah's money he buy the house across the road from Leichhardt...so he could watch the Tigers from the roof in retirement...

Here's a link of the interview...http://bigpondvideo.com/NRL_Tigers/191551

There's a reason why he's not on Farah's money, he's not as good as Farah!

@Geo. said:
@Kul said:

Halatau spoke with Cuzzo on WTV…said his manager is in dicussions with the club at the moment...It was all in his hands but spoke of his love of the Tigers and all his good mates here....

He also said if he was on Farah's money he buy the house across the road from Leichhardt...**so he could watch the Tigers from the roof in retirement**...

Here's a link of the interview...http://bigpondvideo.com/NRL_Tigers/191551

Doesn't want to pay to get into leichhardt oval?

I really don't know what his problem is. In 2005 he was on fire and set to become an awesome player but since then he's been a dud. He's definitely one player who makes me scratch my head and wonder what went wrong.

@Chris said:
I really don't know what his problem is. In 2005 he was on fire and set to become an awesome player but since then he's been a dud. He's definitely one player who makes me scratch my head and wonder what went wrong.

The constant chopping & changing is whats went wrong.I know he's terribly out of form but i would'nt be against us re-signing him

He'd probably play a lot better if he stuck to one position. The big question is what is the best position for him?

@Chris said:
He'd probably play a lot better if he stuck to one position. The big question is what is the best position for him?

I think the Northern hemishere would be a good position for him,or at least a start.

If the Tigers are serious about a clean out, he should definitely be on the chopping block.

@T91 said:
If the Tigers are serious about a clean out, he should definitely be on the chopping block.

Yeah, time to let him go IMO. He's been a great clubman over the years but his form hasn't been great, he still comes up with some shocking front on defence and has never had any real passing game which has limited him a lot in attack. i just think with the young guys the Tigers have coming through, there are better options available.

I would not blame Dene if he moved on.
to be honest his biggest down fall is the utility tag. :unamused:
to be chopped and changed to many positions would be very frustrating.
e.g one week playing lock, then next week centre, then hooker, then second row.
if he does move on, and gets to play one position only we will see him go very well.

Halatau's been kept in the team, BECAUSE OF HIS SUPPOSED UTILITY VALUE, so it is a bit rich to offer his playing in various positions has caused a drop in form! It is the reason he is on the bench!
From my memory, those positions have been centre, lock and hooker. His defence, especially front-on, has been his main problem. If I understand the positions in defence, lock and centre are next to each other in the line, so playing these two positions should not cause a problem for his defence.
Surely, we have some younger players, who could offer more than Dene, now.

You helped us win a GF, and for that you will always be close to my heart.

Maybe it's time, to go to the greener pastures in England and earn the big ones.

C u champ!

Yeah I think he should be on his way…

But i'm still of the opinion that his best position is centre, always after 'filling in' at centre he ran much better lines when moved to backrow.

I think if someone bought him and put him at centre & left him there he would play really well.

@Tiger_Al said:
Yeah I think he should be on his way…

But i'm still of the opinion that his best position is centre, always after 'filling in' at centre he ran much better lines when moved to backrow.

I think if someone bought him and put him at centre & left him there he would play really well.

No he wouldn't,he runs bad lines,can't catch,can't read the plays in defence and has almost no passing game,we have plenty of better centres already at the club,plus Daniela is coming.

Latest posts

Back