Enjoying SFS....much better than the Concrete Jungle

Aladinsane

Besides the rush on a Friday and a Monday night to get there , I have really enjoyed the games at SFS.The view is great and the Club must be benefiting from getting crowds like that of last Friday night.

I wonder what crowd numbers the team will get against the Bulldogs on another Friday night..Sept 4th. I can image it will be another massive one, especially if the lads can win this week against the Titans.

But we all have to voice our protest on the highdrink prices…$6 for a cup of beer is a massive RIP OFF!!!

The transport needs to be addressed. You either wait an hour to get out of the car park or get stuck in huge queues to pile onto overcrowded busses. They need to be able to shut off the streets around the area to allow the traffic to flow out more easily. When there's a game in Brisbane they practically shut down half the CBD so transport runs smoothly.

But yeah, definitely preferring it to ANZ.

Prefer the atmosphere of SFS but the convenience of ANZ..took me 80 minutes to get home last Friday(public transport) from ANZ I'm home in 30 mins….and that's driving.

I'm loving the SFS!

Leave work at 5 or 6, head to a pub in surry hills with mates, then to the game, then to paddington afterwards.
SOOOOOOO much better than ANZzzzzzzzzz. Thats a 20minute trip into town, then a 45 minute trip to the stadium (plus the walk to the stadium), then an hour trip back to the city, then a 20minute trip home.
ewwww!

Paddo kul…Paddo.

I hate it, insane playing their, and for what?
Daniella Jeffery and Mitch bloody Brown?
Pfft
You play your home games in your territory, always has been and always will be the way

yes Ink, Paddo

Relaxed atmosphere, great restaurants, quirky bars and chilled people
all within a quick stroll through leafy backstreets just after a game.
You can turn a great arvo/evening at the football into something very special
\
\
as opposed to the sterile atmosphere of Homebush beyond which lies DFO and the Rhodes Shopping Centre :righton:
I mean when I finish at games at ANZzzz i think "sweet, lets go and buy some stuff from IKEA!"

Atmosphere and view is greater at SFS though travel is probably a little difficult for most fans.

$6 a beer is normal isn't it? Over-priced but the same cost everywhere.

I prefer the SFS too. I am willing to spend a little more time in the car or train for a better spectacle.

@Allan Towle said:
Atmosphere and view is greater at SFS though travel is probably a little difficult for most fans.

$6 a beer is normal isn't it? Over-priced but the same cost everywhere.

I prefer the SFS too. I am willing to spend a little more time in the car or train for a better spectacle.

Prefer the SFS over ANZ, seating is great and facilities not far away.

Beers are $5 at LO from memory.

I waited over 30 minutes for food and 30 minutes for a beer. The lines were ridiculous. They talked about the bumper crowd all week, yet the service was the slowest i've ever experienced.

Good to watch games there but something about it as a home ground just doesn't feel right.

I'm hating it!!! No parking unless you pay the $$$$ then there is the wait to get in there. The trip there and trying to leave early enough to beat the traffic is a headache. It's stress all the way to my seat, then the same trying to leave the place.

@Kul said:
yes Ink, Paddo

\
\
as opposed to the sterile atmosphere of Homebush beyond which lies DFO and the Rhodes Shopping Centre :righton:
I mean when I finish at games at ANZzzz i think "sweet, lets go and buy some stuff from IKEA!"

Or you could go to your leagues club and the players presso….but hey, when youve quirky bars what more could you want?

Other than a schooner and kebab?

i hate both as a home ground. we need to find a way to get back to campbelltown and leichhardt

@Aladinsane said:
But we all have to voice our protest on the highdrink prices…$6 for a cup of beer is a massive RIP OFF!!!

Two guys had an argument before the game about that in the toilets. :laughing:

we parked on ocean st, balmy 10 minute walk to stadium, and straight out with minimal traffic :slight_smile: albeit i left when hayne scored!

I hate the SFS for the time it takes to travel to and back from. But like it for the atmosphere.

But personally i prefer ANZ as it is closer for me (but thats obviously not the case for everyone)

Friday night was the last game I'll ever see the Tigers play at the SFS, biggest pain in the @ss I've ever experienced getting to a game.. The only thing good was the view of the game doesn't feel right playing our home games there to me.. My mate who was with keep asking me why we were playing there (I know dollars talk) but he get past the fact that the SFS is in rooters territory so far far away from our own turf..
On the other hand the wife wants us to keep playing there because she knows that while our home games are there I wont be buying season tickets and instead I'm spending the money else where like a weekend away for us like I did at the end of last year when they said they were playing at the SFS..

@innsaneink said:
@Kul said:
yes Ink, Paddo

\
\

Or you could go to your leagues club and the players presso….but hey, when youve quirky bars what more could you want?

Other than a schooner and kebab?

When was the last time the club did a post match presentation? Seems like they only happen after Leichhardt and Campbelltown games and that's if it's not a Monday night.

For the first year or two at ANZ they did functions in the bar behind aisle 126 (?) … is there a similar facility at the SFS?

Plus one thing I liked about ANZ was in that same function area, members could go in before the game and the club would provide features such as interviews with injured players and other staff members like Warren McDonnell. I thought this was a great benefit of being a member - providing something special that other fans dont get, hence creating a want to sign up. Nowadays, all you get for being a member is a seat at each home game and a few bumper stickers that fade after 2 weeks.

Anywhere is better than ANZ.

Not sure there is much difference getting in and out of SFS compared to ANZ.

By Train to ANZ you need to change at Strathfield and that can be hit and miss and timewise / crowd wise probably comprable to the bus shuttle between Central and SFS considering also that its about 10 min walk from the train station at Olympic park to the stadiurm.

By car you can get caight at Olympic Park just as badly as you can at SFS and also depending on whats on, you may have to catch a bus from ANZ to your car, which is really frustrating.

Food / drinks queues and prices at SFS and ANZ more or less the same.

Atmosphere at SFS 1,000 times better.

I'm with Kul, give me a couple of drinks around Paddo or even at the all time favourite captain Cook Hotel before or after the game. There are also some great pubs / bars / restaurants down around the Eastern side of Central so we ussually make our way there before / after the game and then can simply stroll into central when you aare ready to go home.

Sure beats that ridiculous Novotel bar and ussually by the time I get to my car / train at ANZ I just want to go home because I hate the place so much.

Back