National Disasters

Cant imagine what these poor people are feeling...hard to imagine losing everything, saw a woman interviewed on the news saying she didnt even have a towel
Hard to see how some of these people will get thru this...where do they go, what do they do?
Tragic
Govt needs to do much more than a pissy $1k per adult which i heard they will once things settle...lets hope they get all the help they need

Sad state of affairs when the Ukraine thread rages with 100’s of posts yet this thread about home grown disasters sits idle.
I know mate, my mining mate is still helping me shovel silt from my flooded areas, and we're are the fortunte ones.
We live in a crazy country, probably be droughts during the winter.
All we can do is support each other the best we can do.
Cant imagine what these poor people are feeling...hard to imagine losing everything, saw a woman interviewed on the news saying she didnt even have a towel
Hard to see how some of these people will get thru this...where do they go, what do they do?
Tragic
Govt needs to do much more than a pissy $1k per adult which i heard they will once things settle...lets hope they get all the help they need
I would billet a person in a heartbeat but I'm in a tiny unit, still I'd make room and feed and clothe them if I had to.
I liaise with the RSL and havent had any requests for assistance yet. I've helped vets with meds and transport before but not allowed to drive with arm in sling.
I've chatted to some Vets on the phone to see if they're ok.
If your interested in helping old vunerable vets call your local RSL Sub Branch.
CES also need help, you don't have to be trained to make coffee.

Won't stop raining, it's like we are being punished for something we haven't done.
Flooding is getting worse by the day.
I've been visiting around 5-7 pensioners I know from RSL daily to see if they're ok, only one is in trouble and I got a couple of mates to help set up a living area in his garage because his house is flooded. He is 86yrs of age, his wife who he was married to for 57yrs died two weeks ago.
His neighbour is organising a relief package for him.
I read on the Forum some time ago how bad we have it, phsst?

It's very sad to see families displaced and lives destroyed. My union is now offering $1,000 for members who have lost their homes or being displaced. While it is not a lot of money, it is some money at a time when it is badly needed. It puts into perspective this unnecessary expenditure proposed for new stadiums.

Just quietly also, when all levels of government, developers and consumers want new development and houses, best check to see if it is flood prone/liable land.

Won't stop raining, it's like we are being punished for something we haven't done.
Flooding is getting worse by the day.
I've been visiting around 5-7 pensioners I know from RSL daily to see if they're ok, only one is in trouble and I got a couple of mates to help set up a living area in his garage because his house is flooded. He is 86yrs of age, his wife who he was married to for 57yrs died two weeks ago.
His neighbour is organising a relief package for him.
I read on the Forum some time ago how bad we have it, phsst?
A lot like the fires back before the pandemic...lost lives houses and other properties...it never seems to end...
However many people of the older generations keep telling me that bad things happen in 3s...then the brightness and happiness comes...
1..the fires..
2..the pandemic..
3..the floods....
the crap has to surely stop soon....

saw the good the bad and the ugly of peeps 2day,yet we partied like we do-friday night n all

oz grid is loaning out generators in the lower hawksbury if ya havent heard,maybe good 4 your area also

Feel for those down there mate, we don't need them now in Brizzy where I am. Brizzy river though, looks like the Nile!

Feel for those down there mate, we don't need them now in Brizzy where I am. Brizzy river though, looks like the Nile!
after 10pm need to sit 2 pee,unnatural,yet soooooorelaxing.it is what it is Cc.ferkin ferkin ferkin,allways somebody worse of ,that go/s for the mental health channel as well.easy to sort the wheat from the chaff in these times,aa old fella,lol,respect

after 10pm need to sit 2 pee,unnatural,yet soooooorelaxing.it is what it is Cc.ferkin ferkin ferkin,allways somebody worse of ,that go/s for the mental health channel as well.easy to sort the wheat from the chaff in these times,aa old fella,lol,respect
🤜🤛

1.2m of saltwater through workshop lost a heap of snapon electric tools and diagnostic tools, both bosses cars and 4 other vehicles. Plus loads of parts/computers/etc. Been cleaning out mud since wednesday starting to look better but its heartbreaking. We will re open but many wont/cant and some will depending how the insurance companies handle it. From experience if they deem it river flood they wont give the businesses anything.

1.2m of saltwater through workshop lost a heap of snapon electric tools and diagnostic tools, both bosses cars and 4 other vehicles. Plus loads of parts/computers/etc. Been cleaning out mud since wednesday starting to look better but its heartbreaking. We will re open but many wont/cant and some will depending how the insurance companies handle it. From experience if they deem it river flood they wont give the businesses anything.
Geez mate what can I say, there are no words for heartbreaking stories like yours. I just hope one day youll look back and say 'we survived'
🤜🤛

I know mate, my mining mate is still helping me shovel silt from my flooded areas, and we're are the fortunte ones.
We live in a crazy country, probably be droughts during the winter.
All we can do is support each other the best we can do.

I would billet a person in a heartbeat but I'm in a tiny unit, still I'd make room and feed and clothe them if I had to.
I liaise with the RSL and havent had any requests for assistance yet. I've helped vets with meds and transport before but not allowed to drive with arm in sling.
I've chatted to some Vets on the phone to see if they're ok.
If your interested in helping old vunerable vets call your local RSL Sub Branch.
CES also need help, you don't have to be trained to make coffee.
You're a good bloke cobar

This rain has been of biblical proportions. Stories of 300-400mm coming down in a matter of hours in QLD.

Hope everyone is continuing to stay safe.

Just heard a major landslide in Katoomba area which is reported "unstable" caused by the intense rainfall. Hope everyone is staying safe for those in the Mountains area.

Majority of us ancestrally come from abroad but

This is when we Aussies pull together.

I love a sunburnt country, a land of sweeping plains, Of ragged mountain ranges, of droughts and flooding rains. I love her far horizons, I love her jewel-sea, Her beauty and her terror- the wide brown land for me!

Say Safe and keep your chins up no matter what.

Just heard a major landslide in Katoomba area which is reported "unstable" caused by the intense rainfall. Hope everyone is staying safe for those in the Mountains area.

Right next to the rail embankment. If you remember the disaster at Coledale this is a very dangerous situation.

Back