National Disasters

C

Cobarcats

I've just come home from hospital to find further carnage around the Northern West parts of Brisbane.
Our local supermarkets are low on foodstuffs because trucks couldn't get thru.
Highest rainfall over 3 days since 1940's.
I'm concerned if any of our WT Forum members in any part of Oz have problems, if you are, I hope everything works out for you and you get the help you need.

I've just come home from hospital to find further carnage around the Northern West parts of Brisbane.
Our local supermarkets are low on foodstuffs because trucks couldn't get thru.
Highest rainfall over 3 days since 1940's.
I'm concerned if any of our WT Forum members in any part of Oz have problems, if you are, I hope everything works out for you and you get the help you need.
G'day @Cobarcats...one of my wife's cousins and family live in Bridgeman Downs. Is that anywhere near You?

A bit messy up here on the Tweed , however Lismore is doing it tougher
Lismore looks absolutely terrible, I cannot imagine how terrifying it must be for people trapped in flooding homes. Please stay safe everyone, wherever you may be. Don’t risk trying to drive through floodwaters, it just isn’t worth the risk.

Sad state of affairs when the Ukraine thread rages with 100’s of posts yet this thread about home grown disasters sits idle.

Lismore has been wiped off the map. It’ll cost many multiple billions of dollars to re-establish it.
The loss of life can’t even be calculated yet. Residents are saving people everywhere with their tinnies…unfortunately they couldnt help everyone.

I take it for granted I live in an area that doesn't get affected by natural disasters. Stay safe everyone.

Everything is under control now-Morrison has appointed himself Federal weather man and predicting where the rain is headed. Tasmania no less.

That's an insane amount of water.

Insane how people buy homes in these areas and don't get insured.
I’d imagine for many without insurance in some of these areas they either don’t get offered policies or can’t afford (or reasonably afford) the premiums with flood insurance included.
Sadly, that’s probably going to hurt land values in the area and compound the pain for some.

I’d imagine for many without insurance in some of these areas they either don’t get offered policies or can’t afford (or reasonably afford) the premiums with flood insurance included.
Sadly, that’s probably going to hurt land values in the area and compound the pain for some.
Flood prone and bushfire prone areas are always problematic for insurance. I feel for those residents in such areas. When we rebuilt our home at Leura, which was made of timber, our new sliding back door and window frames had to be made of merbak timber from Indonesia. It apparently is more fire resistant and was a condition placed upon us by BCC! It certainly didn't impact housing values in the area.

Back