National Disasters

1.2m of saltwater through workshop lost a heap of snapon electric tools and diagnostic tools, both bosses cars and 4 other vehicles. Plus loads of parts/computers/etc. Been cleaning out mud since wednesday starting to look better but its heartbreaking. We will re open but many wont/cant and some will depending how the insurance companies handle it. From experience if they deem it river flood they wont give the businesses anything.
I live a fair way from you Tweed,but if I could I would be there to help get you back on the job...I dont have much atm,but the best I can do is send you a hug,prayers and big God bless...stay strong mate...

Quote___"Ive learned that courage was not the absence of fear,but the triumph over it"

Further evacuations as announced on this site. Please look if you are unsure.

Scomo wants to spend $10bn on a submarine base. Here's a tip, we have one at HMAS Stirling in WA so how about spending the money on flood mitigation works in flood prone areas and rebuilding the communities on the NSW North Coast and Qld.

Seeing all the floods made Scotty wish for a sub.
Another announcement with little substance and doubt the aim of attracting votes in three electorates directly, along with those surrounding.

What really pisses me off with this man is that apart from lying again on Friday that there were 2,000 defence personnel helping out flood victims, something like a three fold deception. His propaganda arm that we pay for now have our defence force carrying out staged photo opportunities as the first priority, so he can BS to the nation on social media.

Was so angry when I watched video of a couple of examples of our "diggers" prioritising setting up cameras to create scenes that our PM then uses to cultivate votes instead of actually contributing to assist people in real crisis.

This as the $4 billion 'disaster fund' which was another hollow announcement to gather favour after the previous failure still has not had a cent spent, whilst years later victims are still living in caravans or tents.

Last edited:
Another announcement with little substance with little doubt the aim of attracting votes in three electorates directly along with those surrounding.

What really pisses me off with this man is that apart from lying again on Friday that there were 2,000 defence personnel helping out flood victims, something like a three fold deception. His propaganda arm that we pay for now have our defence force carrying out staged photo opportunities as the first priority, so he can BS to the nation on social media.

Was so angry when I watched video of a couple of examples of our "diggers" prioritising setting up cameras to create scenes that our PM then uses to cultivate votes instead of actually contributing to assist people in real crisis.

This as the $4 billion 'disaster fund' which was another hollow announcement to gather favour after the previous failure still has not had a cent spent, whilst years later victims are still living in caravans or tents.

But we are all in Scammos thoughts and prayers especially the people affected by the floods.Judging by the way he "helped" the bushfire victims the poor buggers are doomed

Right next to the rail embankment. If you remember the disaster at Coledale this is a very dangerous situation.

Drove past it yesterday when I was taking my daughter to a community nurse. It'll be a while before you can take a train past Leura I reckon.

It's closed off the main back route between Katoomba and Leura. It's not as bad as the Mt. Victoria landslide in 2020 though where basically the land mass under the track gave way and the tracks were suspended above nothing.

r0_0_680_510_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

Just heard a major landslide in Katoomba area which is reported "unstable" caused by the intense rainfall. Hope everyone is staying safe for those in the Mountains area.

The landslip itself isn't that big a deal, they could clean that up in a day. It's more to do with the fact it's adjacent to the rail line, and its just before Katoomba station, not after it.

There's a few road affected landslips that are probably more of a worry though. Seems to all be around Katoomba area.

Drove past it yesterday when I was taking my daughter to a community nurse. It'll be a while before you can take a train past Leura I reckon.

It's closed off the main back route between Katoomba and Leura. It's not as bad as the Mt. Victoria landslide in 2020 though where basically the land mass under the track gave way and the tracks were suspended above nothing.

r0_0_680_510_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg
That's sad. Great place the Upper Blue Mountains.

The sudden changes in the weather are captivating. I always enjoyed watching the mist come through the trees which was always an indication of rain.

Just drove home from Dubbo was fine until got to Lithgow.. then continual rain.. Small land slip at Mt VIC then driving through cloud/rain until lower Blue Mountains..

Stay safe if your on the roads everyone..

Just drove home from Dubbo was fine until got to Lithgow.. then continual rain.. Small land slip at Mt VIC then driving through cloud/rain until lower Blue Mountains..

And if you don't drive with your headlights on, please park you and your car in the nearest valley.

How were the animals ?

This is our former slice of paradise in the Upper Mountains. A beautiful home which we spent a lot of time renovating and also establishing the native gardens. We used to enjoy sitting on the balcony after a long day in the garden watching the changes in weather. The Leura pub on dusk was great watching the black cockatoos fly by was special.

This is our former slice of paradise in the Upper Mountains. A beautiful home which we spent a lot of time renovating and also establishing the native gardens. We used to enjoy sitting on the balcony after a long day in the garden watching the changes in weather. The Leura pub on dusk was great watching the black cockatoos fly by was special.

Nice digs. Very nice reno. Shame you didn't hold off until now, probably could have got another 3-400K on top of.

Back