Gibbs Charged

system

Caught it on Fox Sports at the sandwich shop. No sound on so no idea about grading

**Gibbs facing possible three-week ban**
AAP Mon, 24 Aug 2009 12:30:56

Wests Tigers prop Bryce Gibbs is facing a two to three weeks suspension after being charged with dangerous contact with his knee after the NRL's video review on Monday.

Gibbs was put on report after catching Parramatta's Luke Burt in the back as the winger scored a try during the Tigers' 26-18 defeat to the Eels at the Sydney Football Stadium on Friday.

The 24-year-old will miss his side's last two regular season games against Gold Coast and the Bulldogs if he takes the early guilty plea - in what would be a big blow to the injury-hit Tigers' finals hopes.

If he opts to fight the charge and loses, he will face a three-game suspension.

Newcastle's Adam MacDougall avoided sanction after being put on report for a high tackle on North Queensland's Travis Burns in the Knights' 32-26 win on Saturday.

Hayne not charged for his two instances of contacting a head with the elbow

Gibbs has no chance of getting off. Theres no real chance of him changing there opinion as he did lead with the knees and if they think tis 2 weeks then 2 weeks it is.

the club should fine him

gave away an 8 point try, 3 of 5 penalties and now is likely to miss our most important 2 games of the season

we already have kg and skando under injury clouds, now this meathead just adds to it

@fergiefurr said:
the club should fine him

gave away an 8 point try, 3 of 5 penalties and now is likely to miss our most important 2 games of the season

we already have kg and skando under injury clouds, now this meathead just adds to it

Yep, he's an idiot. Absolute brain-dead idiot.

Will never learn.

What an ordinary and disappointing way for Gibbs to end what had been a very much improved 2009 for him. He's really hurt his team mates with that brain explosion because once again, he made over 100 metres in the Eels match and now the Tigers will struggle to find someone else who will go forward as well as that against the GC and Bulldogs.

Looks like Laurie will get a reprieve now.

As dumb a thing as it was to do, 2-3 weeks is a bit harsh. As if an 8 point try wasn't a big enough penalty!

I still think it was not deliberate at all & the tigers should fight for a downgrading… I mean the big fella was trying to not land on him by the look of it...

To all the people calling him the most stupid footballer ever having a go at him... just look objectively at the amount of quality defense the bloke does... without him there will probably be holes everywhere throught the tigers middle...

@Tiger_Al said:
I still think it was not deliberate at all & the tigers should fight for a downgrading… I mean the big fella was trying to not land on him by the look of it...

To all the people calling him the most stupid footballer ever having a go at him... just look objectively at the amount of quality defense the bloke does... without him there will probably be holes everywhere throught the tigers middle...

Look, I'm not doubting his defence is very good, especially his cleanup work.

However you can't deny he is an idiot, seriously.

yes it was a silly thing to do. :brick:
i get the impression he is being used as an example by the review panel, to show they are fair dinkum about stopping players using feet, knees. :ugeek:
we would be screaming out for some sort of penalty if it was our player on the receiving end of it.

Our chances of making the finals just halved. Outside Gibbs, Galloway, and Ellis are our only players consistently making metres.

It's time for either Schirnack or Laurie to prove they are genuine first grade front rowers for us to have any chance.

He may as well fight it if he pleads guilty he misses 2 games anyway.So there's nothing to lose really

Thanks Gibbs…urgggh!... I Hope somehow he learns for 2010 NOT to be so stupid on the field...he has cost the team heaps this year with dumb penalties...I'd fight it..nothing to loose as we are not guarranteed a semis spot anyway.

You're kidding aren't you? Jarryd Hayne is a TV ratings bonanza. As if the NRL would risk having him suspended.

It's a bit of a joke really - 2-3 weeks for that, when Thurston and Soward spend no time on the sideline for their "feet first" incidents. :confused:

@Mrs T said:
It's a bit of a joke really - 2-3 weeks for that, when Thurston and Soward spend no time on the sideline for their "feet first" incidents. :confused:

Maybe im still a little upset with Bryce, but heres my opinion on the 2009 Rules

Following Are Allowed:

- Kicking a player in the head after scoring a try -Thurston

- Kicking A Player in the head while they attempt to score a try - Soward

- Biting a Player on the arm (If wearing a Dragons Jersey) - Soward

- Spear Tackles are fine, just ask Justin Poore

- Elbows to the head - Hayne

The following will be punished

- Knees (It is an offence but i didnt think it was the worst ive ever seen)- Gibbs

- Biting a Player with out a dragons Jersey on. - Zillman

Back