Go forward disappointing

clontarfkid

A win is a win,& to be celebrated at this stage of the season,but am sure other top 8 contenders wld have noticed our surprising lack of penetration by our forwards for most of the match(Ellis excepted).
Little wonder Sheens made 3 early substitutes
Worse still,the big Easts forwards seem to break the first tackle at will until they tired.

@clontarfkid said:
A win is a win,& to be celebrated at this stage of the season,but am sure other top 8 contenders wld have noticed our surprising lack of penetration by our forwards for most of the match(Ellis excepted).
Little wonder Sheens made 3 early substitutes
Worse still,the big Easts forwards seem to break the first tackle at will until they tired.

If you saw Easts game last wek against the Knights their forwards were brilliant, so you knew to expect that today.

Jeez,both teams have had 6 days to recover.
In manlys case,I think it was just sheer arrogance…

@clontarfkid said:
Jeez,both teams have had 6 days to recover.
In manlys case,I think it was just sheer arrogance…

manly and wests were both flat ….it was a tough game both physically and mentally....
ill take an ugly win every week over a gorgeous loss......

Chris Heighington's attacking impact is embarresingly poor. I mean that. It is amongst the worst I have seen in the NRL. The bloke was once a kamakazi now he has nothing.

@Balmain Bug said:
Chris Heighington's attacking impact is embarresingly poor. I mean that. It is amongst the worst I have seen in the NRL. The bloke was once a kamakazi now he has nothing.

if you had to pick rhino or payne who would you have in the trenches?
id have rhino every day of the week imo …..

i thought the 10 was very skinny and it killed both teams in attack … hence the 17- 10 scoreline ....

@tiger tigers said:
@Balmain Bug said:

Good point.

But Chris goes backwards sometimes. He was owned big time by the Roosters pack today.

@Balmain Bug said:

Heighno and Skando were our only forwards to make over 100mt and both came off the bench very embarrising :unamused:

I'd swap Payten and Galloway. We need more go forward in our starting line up, Galloway will provide that.

@Balmain Bug said:
@tiger tigers said:
@Balmain Bug said:

Good point.

But Chris goes backwards sometimes. He was owned big time by the Roosters pack today.

could it also be the style sheensie has him playing …he is always getting the ball close to the ruck or after its turned back into the ruck ....look at bronson when he is wider ....

@tiger tigers said:
@Balmain Bug said:

But we dont need either of them.

Heighno's metres would be close to being in the minus today he got driven back so much :unamused:

@king sirro said:
@tiger tigers said:
@Balmain Bug said:

Heighno's metres would be close to being in the minus today he got driven back so much :unamused:

112 metres do you think the stats are wrong?

NRL.COM stats are often wrong, not saying its so now but his numbers are surprising, that said, there was a definite momentum shift in our favour when our benchies came on

@JRD said:
@king sirro said:
@tiger tigers said:

112 metres do you think the stats are wrong?

When you consider all the ball we had, and how he takes a lot of hit ups, of course he is going to make a 100 odd metres.

Personally, I would prefer quality over quantity with his hit ups.

I would've thought Eliss' stats would've been the best. He gets better and better.

@king sirro said:
@tiger tigers said:
@Balmain Bug said:

Heigno was a lot better in the second forty having said that Galea was better IMO

As for the go foward Gibbs, Skando and Galloway were good…the were very flat in the first 40...speed of line in D as well....thank goodness we had 22 sets in the second 40....Controlled possession well...onya Benji....

@Marshall_magic said:
I'd swap Payten and Galloway. We need more go forward in our starting line up, Galloway will provide that.

Maybe that will happen now that Galloway has played a couple of games.

We need another blockbusing ball runner hitting holes on the fringes. Ellis does a great job on his side of the field, but we have noone with any oomph on the other side. Sheens won`t change anything now unfortunatley, but we need either Laurie to come back into the side with the right attitude or look to bring in players such as Mataka or Gower. I`d say bringing in Mataka or Gower, possibly both would be the best option at this stage. Corey Payne has been going ok for us, but we need more strike power in our back row !

Members online

Back