Golf Fanatics

👍
Used to be super keen but probably only had 3 or 4 games in the last 2 years.
Do you have a handicap?
I play at Ashgrove G.C.
Lowest h'cap I got down to was 11.8 so made A Grade woohoo but just as things were looking really good I had to have a shoulder replacement and now drifted out to 25 because I can't swing properly.
Haven't played during COVID so I'm going nuts.
Have you got a local course?

• Sad
Reactions: BZN
i play weekly up here in Townsville, currently off 14 was pushing to get down to 12 at the end of last year but hit a poor patch and drifted out to 15

goal is to be down around 10 by the end of this year

i play weekly up here in Townsville, currently off 14 was pushing to get down to 12 at the end of last year but hit a poor patch and drifted out to 15

goal is to be down around 10 by the end of this year
Good stuff, do you play at Laverack near the army barracks, if so I played there many years ago and it was a dust bowl.
Is it any better now mate?

Good stuff, do you play at Laverack near the army barracks, if so I played there many years ago and it was a dust bowl.
Is it any better now mate?
no i play out at Tropics (formally Willows GC ) , laverack was looking really good but the army closed it about a month ago and i think are building more accom units there, Laverack GC i believe still remains, just without a home course, but dont quote me on that, yeah i played out there a few times as the old boy is ex milatary,

no i play out at Tropics (formally Willows GC ) , laverack was looking really good but the army closed it about a month ago and i think are building more accom units there, Laverack GC i believe still remains, just without a home course, but dont quote me on that, yeah i played out there a few times as the old boy is ex milatary,
Cool. The tropics was a name for my son's jnr rep basketball team, playing under Townsville Crocodile BBL Club.
Sounds like your a handy golfer mate.
When I come up that way again you might have a hit with me on comp day, I still have official AGU h'cap

Good stuff mate.
Yeh since COVID started our club has had to put on 2 extra comp days to cope eith extra nembers,
Good problem.👍

Cool. The tropics was a name for my son's jnr rep basketball team, playing under Townsville Crocodile BBL Club.
Sounds like your a handy golfer mate.
When I come up that way again you might have a hit with me on comp day, I still have official AGU h'cap
any time

Just play socially with mates these days. Used to play in a club that was more laid back than serious, got down to 13. Great game, being out in nature and having a few beers as you go.

Do you know if your club has a good Pennant Team, group 1 maybe?

Back