Happy New Year and Resolutions

C

Cobarcats

I'm going to work out a better solution in trying to get the tigers to win more games.
For night games I've been leaving the porch light on..well that was a total failure.
I'm thinking I might actually wear some of my old jerseys until I get the winning one and stick with it.
I want to get to know my grand kids more... Hospitals have ruined "our time" a bit so I have to make up for lost ground.
I really hope all you forumers have a better year next year than the last one.... especially as far as supporting the tiges go.
I hope you all prosper physically, spiritually and emotionally and you bond even more with the people and loveones in your life.
😻

These are fantastic threads.
Think I've created a few over the years 😂

Mine is pretty simple;

Drink more water,
Spend more time outside
And continue on my journey of health and wealth.

Nothing footy related, for me.
Look forward to hopefully many post match (victorious) discussions on here with the crew.

I'm battling Covid Gout. Too many prawns, Southwark Stout and Leg Ham Then I breathed in some air on the bus which resulted in inhaling someone's lung exhaust.

My resolution is to limit the times I go on the bus to zero and to revert to Coopers Stout which is less Gouty. The prawns & Leg Ham have been packed away until next year, which is only 13 hours from now so not sure how I'll pull up. Living on the edge is nothing new for a Weststigers supporter.

Let's pray that the new teammates play like old acquaintances cos we don't want excuses like "they're not gelling" etc.

It's 11.00 am in Adelaide and can't wait for 1957 to roll around.

Cheers! 🍻 🐯

Who else is get turned up on the sauce tonight?
Not yet...a few hours to go before I start on the mid strengths.
I’m going to a function on the harbour front in Manly that starts at 6pm.
My plan is to stay on the mid strengths all night. However I’m pretty weak willed. I‘ll probably be on the full strength after the first, follow by Tequila, wine & or scotch.
All food is included. Apparently there’s seafood boat, so I’ll probably end up with gout and a hangover.
The other thing is, me & my wife are the only couple on our table of six. The others are all English women over the age of 50. If I get board I tend to b.s a lot. I’ll probably end up telling them I played 1st grade for the Tigers and made the Australia test cricket team in the same year. I hate google can’t get away with that stuff now-days. Unless in a cab where the driver can’t reach for there phone.

If you start watching a replay of the 2005 NRL grand final at 11:25.23pm tonight, as the clock strikes midnight Benji will break the line and deliver his magic flick pass to Pat Richards. Start your new year right!

Not yet...a few hours to go before I start on the mid strengths.
I’m going to a function on the harbour front in Manly that starts at 6pm.
My plan is to stay on the mid strengths all night. However I’m pretty weak willed. I‘ll probably be on the full strength after the first, follow by Tequila, wine & or scotch.
All food is included. Apparently there’s seafood boat, so I’ll probably end up with gout and a hangover.
The other thing is, me & my wife are the only couple on our table of six. The others are all English women over the age of 50. If I get board I tend to b.s a lot. I’ll probably end up telling them I played 1st grade for the Tigers and made the Australia test cricket team in the same year. I hate google can’t get away with that stuff now-days. Unless in a cab where the driver can’t reach for there phone.
Tell them you play first grade cricket. Hard to google that one. Also hard to disprove. There are a few old buggers going around. Probably not in FG but there would be a few in 2nds and 3rds.

I’m with @Cobarcats
My superstitions run wild during footy season.
Threw my Balmain Coffee cup in the bin at the start of the year,as I thought it was bringing bad Juju.
Watched that Trial game against The Roosters while sitting on the floor ,did that for the rest of the season ,we all know how that went 🥴
Might stand up for every game next season,who knows 😂

New Years resolution. Keep up the exercise. If I stay consistent with what I did in 2022 with swimming, surf, gym ect I’ll be happy.
Surprised not to see more of these... seeing as the jewellery and shoes ads on the forum have been replaced by these ones.

IMG_20221230_113435.jpg
Mine's is the same year in, year out - live life with no regrets.

Latest posts

Staff online

Back