Heighno's Dangerous Throw

alex

What does everyone think of Heighno's spear tackle? Will he escape judiciary penalty or will he be charged?

IMO we'll have a new lock next week. It was very similar to Luke Lewis's tackle.

However, it looked a bit less dangerous as Harrison was able to brace himself with his hands and stop his head from slamming into the turf.

If that gets anything more than a week, the judiciary deadset have it in for us.

he was put on report for a dangerous throw imo it a was careless tackle .. maybe he can get off on a technicality like thurston , hayne and slater….

I think he has to get suspended. It wasn't a good tackle. Pick him for origin and let him sit it out with a suspension.

I reckon he might get a week depending on his record.

I thought it was careless as he did drop off later in the tackle.

@tiger05 said:
I think he has to get suspended. It wasn't a good tackle. Pick him for origin and let him sit it out with a suspension.

If he was to be charged and miss one week he'd miss the Dragons game, then get selected for Origin on the Monday of next weekend (Rd 16) so he'd miss the Rd 17 game in Brisbane as the Origin match and still be allowed to play in Origin

@Team Tiger said:
Gus said on Channel 9 he reckons he has no case to answer.

Gus always says that. But if there is any justice/common sense then he will get off as he clearly pulled out of the tackle; but I will not hold my breath on that happening.

I reckon he might get a week for that. I think he was frustrated for dropping the ball just before that.

I think he'll plead guilty and be free to play next week. Awkward tackle, no malice in it. Wanted to pick him up and drive him back, but Taps twisted around to offload and contributed to the tackle.

Hope you are right, does he have any carry over points?

@Danos said:
I think he'll plead guilty and be free to play next week. Awkward tackle, no malice in it. Wanted to pick him up and drive him back, but Taps twisted around to offload and contributed to the tackle.

I think he's gonna have a problem in the wake of Lewis' recent precedent,& the brouha re ODonnells meagre 3 week sentence.
NRL will wish to make a statement(belatedly)even tho no malice in it

And his hands weren't between Taps legs. Which is a key indicator that the review committee look at.

Nothing in it….

He didn't lift or Drive...When it started to go wrong he let go....

If he does any time it's a joke....Penalty sufficient...

Hayne got off for not causing harm or not intending to or whatever, we can just play that card.

Oh wait, Heighno isn't an NRL poster boy.

Either way, he should be fine.

@Tiger Tim from 'Gong said:
If O'Donnell got 3…Heighno should get off surely...
**Although if he is out for next week...shame Fulton won't be back by then**

If he was out next week I don't think it'd be too much of a reshuffle. Payten would go to the second row, Galloway off the bench into the front row and Fafita would come back into the side…

should have no case to answer for… pretty soft.

worst case it can't be worse then a week

Think we might be in trouble only because Luke Lewis was suspended for a similar tackle. Time will tell but we really need him next week.

Back