Home Game @ Suncorp Stadium

Tiger_Watto

Does anyone know what Financial Benefits the Club would get if we hosted the Titans @ Suncorp Stadium next year.

Surely this game would attract a 30k plus crowd? 30k @ $25 a Ticket is $750'000\. What revenue is generated at Campbelltown?

Tiger_Watto

Your not interested in a strong financial future for the club?

I will add, I'm not suggesting we take a game away from Campbelltown or Leichhardt. I was pressuming Campbelltown is the highest capacity crowd we seem to host, therefore the highest revenue as a comparison.

(4 Leichhardt, 4 Campbelltown, 2 SFS, 1 SCG, 1 Suncorp)

Sabre

Pretty sure we have a contract with the SFS/SCG to play 4 games there per year. And one game doesnt ensure as a syrong financial future. Think its a poor idea and the Bulldogs are stupid for doing it.

Geo

Staff member
Forum Leader
Why not….We've been to New Zealand before....

I'm sure Wests Tigers will be first into China as well...

But if we are going to shift another 1 for dough.....lets go to Gosford V Storm or something like that...

Tiger_Watto

What does Gosford hold?

I reckon there would be up to 7-8k closet Tiger fans in the South East Qld region, add that to Titans supporters giving us thier money, say 15k, Sydney Based Tiger Fans who realise they can get a $59 flight to Bris, say 3k, and then you have the Rugby heads who just want to watch good football?

I would think Japan is a more suitable option. They have a strong Rugby competition…

Tiger_Watto

if we fill Leichhardt & Campbelltown over the next 2-3 years, they will increase the number of games?

Sure, they have to listen to the Fans, but Revenue is the main focus of a successful business…

Yossarian

@Tiger Watto said:
Does anyone know what Financial Benefits the Club would get if we hosted the Titans @ Suncorp Stadium next year.

Surely this game would attract a 30k plus crowd? 30k @ $25 a Ticket is $750'000\. What revenue is generated at Campbelltown?

That assumes you could get the ground for free. I'm not sure if Suncorp Stadium is as generous with there incentives than the SFS/SCG. Besides if we take any home game away from Sydney I'd rather it had some benefit in promoting league somewhere. There are enough games in SE Qld. I realise you are talking from a revenue perspective but I'm not convinced A) You'd get 30 000 people or B) you'd get any more money than the games at SFS/SCG which at least allow Sydney based fans the chance to attend.

NJLM78

I would say no as we already have enough home grounds. And our two proper home grounds have had work done to them. If they made plans to allow members to get a cheep flight, a room and a good seat at the ground maybe people would go for it but I think at the moment using the grounds we already have will do.

Team_Tiger

There comes a time when 2 points mean more than money. Sure, it may be a good money spinner, but you'd be handing your home gound advantage to the Titans. This could cost us the win.

What value is there in saying: We made $200,000 more than if we played in Sydney. Too bad we missed the semis by 2 points… again".

Latest posts