I don't get it!

Team_Tiger

The first time we saw Robert Lui play, he was a little rusty. This year, he's come back and is killing it! And yet, some of you blokes still don't think he should be in the side! He has a great amount of potential, and is our future half for years to come.

Its a matter of balancing potential and what is best for the team this season.

In the years after 2005 we suffered through investing in long term prospects in the NRL squad, amny of whom are now gone and many who ahve only just started repaying the faith in the last two seasons.

It is a balancing act

Well Said…. Its pretty obvious to me Robert Lui is a better option at 7 than Tim Moltzen for the correct balance of this team. If we didnt have Robbie and Benji, I would most definately want Tim at 7...

Yeah, Yeah, Blah Blah...8 from 8 and all that rubbish.... Its just another stat to sometimes confuse the stew. We are also undefeated with Chris Lawrence at 6, so do we send Benji packing???

Tim Sheens reckons this guy has great potential, and I'm going to back him. I like Moltz, but he needs to be put elsewhere. Lui is the man for the job.

@Tiger Watto said:
Well Said…. Its pretty obvious to me Robert Lui is a better option at 7 than Tim Moltzen for the correct balance of this team. If we didnt have Robbie and Benji, I would most definately want Tim at 7...

Yeah, Yeah, Blah Blah...8 from 8 and all that rubbish.... Its just another stat to sometimes confuse the stew. We are also undefeated with Chris Lawrence at 6, so do we send Benji packing???

Didnt WT lose a Foundation Cup with Lawrence as the number 6?

My only problem with Lui is his injuries…

the guy has potential.. but he isnt a talker… he is TOOOO quiet.. where Moltz is a great half and also a big talker..

@Tiger Watto said:
Has anyone ever had the chance to have a coffee or beer with Tim Moltzen?

I wonder where Tim prefers to play??!!

He hates fullback. He prefers to be in the halves. He's a better 5/8th than he is a halfback.
But as any player will tell you, they will be happy to play anywhere as long as it is what's best for the team.

Tim's old man will be reading this….
Hi Mr. Moltzen!! :wink:

@Tiger Watto said:
Has anyone ever had the chance to have a coffee or beer with Tim Moltzen?

I wonder where Tim prefers to play??!!

In the halves with Benji,he has said this a few times now,we know this is his best spot,but Sheens as usual tries to get his man in there :cry:

@Team Tiger said:
The first time we saw Robert Lui play, he was a little rusty. This year, he's come back and is killing it! And yet, some of you blokes still don't think he should be in the side! He has a great amount of potential, and is our future half for years to come.

Mate I'm not convinced at all… Moltz will be HB next year.. Lui backup

I really hope Moltzen is our halfback next year. For me, he is my favourite player. We look so much better as team with Moltzen in the 7 jumper.
Nothing against Lui but I thin Moltzen is a better option. I dont quite know whether i would have Lui on the bench or State Cup though, depends on who we sign I suppose.

i don't know if it is good or bad i didn't get to see lui in u/20 last year to get a real gauge on him with things like ability to control the flow of the team in attack.
i think benji is one of the poorest game managers in the game.
not real sure what lui is like in this regard as he seems to be playing it pretty safe out there like most youngsters do their first full year.i do like how consistent he is in execution,very few errors in his game.
defense he just hangs on,but he hasn't showed to be a big liability,but the calls for him to play lock is out of the question for me until he improves his defense in a big way.and that would be at least 2 years away.
so far i like what i see from lui in first grade.
he has the ability to play the ball before at and through the line.
moltzen only ball plays once through the line and i wonder how long he can live off the dummy outside.

seems more thought goes into the kicks by lui than benji and moltzen combined which has been a major issue for us for years.
i wish i could mesh lui and moltzen together and i would have a top shelf half ready to explode.pity he would still be injured though.

Nothing against lui but Moltzen gets my vote from what I've seen.

I hope Lui proves me wrong between now and the end of the year.

Moltzen for me, i can only wonder how good this side would be now if he hadn't got injured. I know for sure we would be scoring more points and our attack would be more potent.

Lui just can't seem to play more than a couple of games in a row so it's hard to gauge.
He is developing some nice combinations with players though, most notably, Ellis.

$50 if Sheens is still here next year Moltzen will be at fullback and Lui @ #7.

I like Lui, but if it came down to Lui or Moltzen I would pick Moltzen everytime, mainly due to the fact that I think he's wasted at fullback, and he needs to be in the side somewhere.

Latest posts

Back