If u were coach

king_sirro

and had to decide between keeping Heighington on 250k or Galea on 125k, who would u keep? That 125k saved by letting Heighno go sounds pretty handy to me.

Note one:these are purely hypothetical figures, i have no idea what these players are on, my point is we could probably keep Galea for half what Heighno is on.

Note two: U must consider the price tag of the players when deciding, not just which player u think is better.

@king sirro said:
and had to decide between keeping Heighington on 250k or Galea on 125k, who would u keep? That 125k saved by letting Heighno go sounds pretty handy to me.

Note one:these are purely hypothetical figures, i have no idea what these players are on, my point is we could probably keep Galea for half what Heighno is on.

Note two: U must consider the price tag of the players when deciding, not just which player u think is better.

Given that Heighington is under contract, and Galea is not, you would also have to consider any payout that would be required in order to release Heighington. So it's not necessarily true that we could keep him for half the price of Galea.

(I doubt Galea is on half of Heighington's wage by the way - if pressed I'd guess it'd be more than that)

Its just a hypothetical Colonel, i understand one is under contract, but with all issues aside and it was the 2 of them in front of u with two different price tags, which direction would u go?

@king sirro said:

Are you thick, or did Heighington refuse to sign your book at Leichhardt a few weeks ago?

Why on earth would you even consider getting rid of the guy who gets through more work in attack and defense than anybody else? I heard the you dribbling about him killing our momentum? Where does this happen? Because he doesn't throw 20 offloads a game?

I hear some opinions on players that I agree or disagree with but this one is the dumbest I've ever come across.

I couldn't have one or the other to be completley honest.

Heighno is off with his form right now but you also has to remember he was in the trenches with these boys when he was the only one going forward and turned down bigger money to stay. Rewarding that loyalty keeps team spirit high. We need to re-gear his training so he is not an 80 minute mould. We want him running impact lines and using his frame the right way.

Galea is most capable of holding up one side with the Manchester Machine on the other.

If anything I struggle to see a spot for the returning Fulton

Yeah I'd like both to stay. Heighno when fully fit is one of the best forwards in the Tigers side and Galea has slowly warmed to the task this year and is now playing good minutes and defending solidly. Payne is off contract, along with Halatau as others have mentioned and I'd let both go to keep Galea. I think Fulton will struggle to get back in the side the way things are going.

:laughing: Wow…like, just ...wow...LOL

OT....Galeas never really done much for me, Heighno has at times, though his propping at the line is really getting on my wick

:laughing: don't hold back mate….

Heighno V Galea...It is an interesting one ....both but given your hypothetical...Sorry mate as a Coach I'd want Heigno.....60 minutes at Lock

As much as this is going to kill me....Boz stay in Huddersfield.....the way Sheens has this lot working Galea is an important cog If Payne and Halatau go then there may be room for all 3 but a young bloke may miss out..

Fulton's cost would also come into it...Paying him overs...would be dumb....

Should ressurect the Sign Galea now thread....

Heighington and Galea I would keep and bugger off Fulton, Halatau and Payne if his asking price is too high. Though I wouldn't play Heighington an 80-minute player anymore.

As far as I know it is up to Fulton whether or not he plays for us next year. He is free to stay in Hudderfield is he chooses to but if he wants to come back to the Tigers the club will honour his contract. And if he does sign on with the Giants we'll probably keep Galea. This is old news though, not sure if anything has changed, or how much truth to it there is.

Heighno was offered a bigger deal to go to Canberra and stayed when he was one of, if not, the best second rowers going around. His value to the WT is more than just his footballing ability. So what he's out of form, he's only played one game back from a break. If we punt out of form players Marshall would have went in 2006! As for which one Id take both, get rid of Payne.

As for being dropped on their head, no sane person would seriously consider getting rid of Heighno either, only 12mths ago he was nearing rep honours and the best thing about our awful squad.

@Kul said:
I'd dump Payne and keep them both

If this is an option in this hypothetical. It is the one I would take.

However, if it was a literal choice between the two and no other options. Based on what I personally consider Chris's underperformance before his time out and Galea's current consistency, I would be choosing Galea.

imo this thread is harsh on Heigno, im sure last years form will be seen again.

I would keep them both if possible.

Wish Fulton would decide….

Time to be civil here folks. I have just deleted a couple of posts due to personal insults which are starting to be thrown around. A good lively debate is fine and welcome. Throwing insults at one another is not. That's not what this forum is about.

Please, let's keep it civil and meaningful.

@Don Brodga said:
@king sirro said:

Are you thick, or did Heighington refuse to sign your book at Leichhardt a few weeks ago?

Why on earth would you even consider getting rid of the guy who gets through more work in attack and defense than anybody else? I heard the you dribbling about him killing our momentum? Where does this happen? Because he doesn't throw 20 offloads a game?

I hear some opinions on players that I agree or disagree with but this one is the dumbest I've ever come across.

Miss the point again hey? Never mind, you'll get one day Dalton.

Hino tries too hard in my opinion. His runs are very ineffective, because he is trying to make too many. He needs to take a step back I think. He should play 60 minutes, and aim for around 12-15 runs in a match, rather than go 80 with 20 runs. I'd rather he make 12 good runs (8m each) than 20 ok runs (6m each).

Galea knows his role in the team, and he does his job. He won't do too much attacking, but he'll do plenty of defence. Every team needs a player like that. He hits with plenty of sting, and doesn't fall off tackles very often.

As far as the question goes, it's a tough on, Hino has had a poor season compared to the previous 2, and Galea isn't really spectacular. Both would be good deals, Hino just needs to find his 2008 form where he was breaking the line.

@Kul said:
I'd dump Payne and keep them both

What Kul said.

Galea's defence in the last 20mins against Manly saved our backsides. I watched the replay this arvo and he cleaned up so many scrappy attempts from others.

I can't believe the amount of heino bashing, it's his first week back after approx 10 weeks off??? Have a look at his status week in and week out he is work horse not a flashy try scoring machine. You need the workers in a team they win you games.

Latest posts

Members online

Back