INJURY REPORT 2023 Injured/Unavailable List

Likely that no other side will pick him up after 3 ACL's.

Will WT get any cap relief for the injury? I suspect not...
After 3 ACL's on the same knee i would doubt if he will play again for us.It will be very difficult for him to get into the right frame of mind to be competitive at the level he needs to be in the NRL

After 3 ACL's on the same knee i would doubt if he will play again for us.It will be very difficult for him to get into the right frame of mind to be competitive at the level he needs to be in the NRL
It has taken him over a year since he recovered from his second one and he is still not back to anywhere near where he was before the injury. The chances of him coming back again are almost zero.

Medical retirement off the cards I imagine...
Why would a medical retirement be off the cards? I think if anything the Medicos would have a duty of care to retire him if he is at risk to himself. The sooner that can do the diagnosis and make a decision that he can be rehabilitated, or not, the better it will be for all parties.

Why would a medical retirement be off the cards? I think if anything the Medicos would have a duty of care to retire him if he is at risk to himself. The sooner that can do the diagnosis and make a decision that he can be rehabilitated, or not, the better it will be for all parties.

Interesting to hear Gus say on TV - That the whispers around the game were he was never quite right after the 2nd one....

Interesting to hear Gus say on TV - That the whispers around the game were he was never quite right after the 2nd one....
If that is the case - medically retire him now. Especially since we just wasted our last top 30 position with Bula.

We need to find a half now, not a bloody fullback.

I think you're right. Realistically, by May we'll likely be out of the finals race and there will be no point risking his career.
No, he will want a couple of warm up games before playing rep football at the end of the year.

With Staines out for 2-3 months, that leaves Tupou & Nofa with depth likely 1 of T'oa or Kepaoa then potentially Talau and then from Round 11 a sink-or-swim opportunity for Ogden or Scolari.

Not one to recommend consulting Dr Google but just been doing a bit of research on the net re: perforated bowel.

It is no joke and is really serious with a very high mortality rate.

Please, no more jokes about Shit Staines ever again.

This is one tough, brave kid, I take my hat off to him and wish him well with his recovery.

Staines played on with a perforated bowel. He was lucky not to die.
He deserves a new contract just for that.
100%. Sign him up. He showed his quality and now he's shown his fortitude.

If Laurie and Doueigh don't get extended as forecasted, we'll need a winger and a solid backup fullback. Another 2-3 years

Original post in thread updated.

Injury/unavailable list now up to four.

Reactions: BZN
Back