Invitation for forum members and tigers fans

DREW76

As some of you may or may not be aware, my daughter Chloe has a rare form of Muscular Dystrophy called Ullrich Congenital Muscular Dystrophy. Our family had to move house (at great expense) as there was no funding for the amount of modifications that our 2 storey house needed. Our new house still needs modifications for Chloe to be able to access the car and bathroom and she also needs a new wheelchair. There is limited funding for the modifications and the funding for the wheelchair can take up to 12 months.

The fantastic people at Kings Swim School at Macarthur Square have taken it upon themselves to help us try and raise some money to contribute to our much needed modifications.

This is an open invitation to all the forum members and tigers fans to come along join us for what will be a great day. It starts at 10 am on the 17th of July.

For more info see the poster I have made below.
Would love to see as many forum members there and finally put some usernames to faces!

Also if you know of an businesses that would like to get involved they can contact Meryl at Kings on (02) 46207000

Regards

Drew, Cath and Chloe
\
\
\
[![](http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v47/arw76/th_ChloeSwimathonposterFinal.jpg)](http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v47/arw76/?action=view¤t=ChloeSwimathonposterFinal.jpg)

I am happy to donate to help you guys out. Time! Assistance! Whatever I can do. :smiley:
(I wont be able to attend because my wife is due on the 14 July with our second.)

I can relate in some capacity. My baby girl had a small brain bleed when she was 4 months old.
We were lucky because she is now fully recovered and is the brightest spark in the family.
(way smarter than her dad anyway!!!) :wink:

its a hard slog being a parent, even harder when you see the little buggers have to deal with all of what life has served them even at a young age! Kids are so resilient, we can only draw strength from them. You'd think that they would need it from us more but for some strange reason it doesn't work that way. :frowning:

Heads up, hang in there and always know that you have an online mate named TRI. :slight_smile:

@triserratops said:
I am happy to donate to help you guys out. Time! Assistance! Whatever I can do. :smiley:
(I wont be able to attend because my wife is due on the 14 July with our second.)

I can relate in some capacity. My baby girl had a small brain bleed when she was 4 months old.
We were lucky because she is now fully recovered and is the brightest spark in the family.

its a hard slog being a parent, even harder when you see the little buggers have to deal with all of what life has served them even at a young age! Kids are so resilient, we can only draw strength from them. You'd think that they would need it from us more but for some strange reason it doesn't work that way. :frowning:

Heads up, hang in there and always know that you have an online mate named TRI. :slight_smile:

People like yourself makes things alot better.
Thanks TRI

Drew

@DREW76 said:
@triserratops said:

Thanks TRI

Drew

Just let me know what I can do and when and i'm in.
(DONATE sausages and bread for a sausage sizzle at the event???)
Feel free to use my "triserratops" link to email me whenever.

Cheers
TRISERRATOPS
a.k.a. Anthony

Hope it's OK to put that on my facebook Drew … try and get as many people there as possible. I'm lucky, all 3 of my kids are perfectly healthy, which makes me want to help others who face much harder life challenges. If I can help in other way, let me know :slight_smile:

Best of luck with that Drew

You should hit Humphreys up…might get a few players there to help out, we play the Mon @ LO that weekend

@Suzie-Q said:
Hope it's OK to put that on my facebook Drew … try and get as many people there as possible. I'm lucky, all 3 of my kids are perfectly healthy, which makes me want to help others who face much harder life challenges. If I can help in other way, let me know :slight_smile:

thanks suzie

i have set up a group page for the event under the name of Chloes Swim-a-thon

Hey Drew,

I would love to help you out. I don't have any kids yet so I can't begin to fathom the challenges you must face.

Do you have anywhere that people can make a donation who can't make it to the BBQ?

I really hope that you get everything you need Drew.

Still waiting on details for people to make donations. As soon as i get this i wil let you all know

Drew

Ok. We have a bank account set up.

If you'd like to donate please contact me and I can email the account details.
Also if anyone wants to donate any items to be raffled off etc please contact Meryl on (02) 46334301 or <m.lamacchia@kingswim.com.au>Also here is the link to our Facebook group
http://www.facebook.com/groups/edit.php?customize&gid=124475700912744" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;</m.lamacchia@kingswim.com.au>

@innsaneink said:

You should hit Humphreys up…might get a few players there to help out, we play the Mon @ LO that weekend

Thats a great idea.

Drew, if you to humble to send an email to Humphreys, i'd do it for you with your permission.

@king sirro said:
@innsaneink said:

Thats a great idea.

Drew, if you to humble to send an email to Humphreys, i'd do it for you with your permission.

thanks King

Bit the bullet and sent one this arvo.
will see what happens…..

drew , im a bricky by trade , work for myself. send me a PM if i can help in any way.

@tomcat said:
drew , im a bricky by trade , work for myself. send me a PM if i can help in any way.

Cheers Tomcat

most of the things we need done are bathroom mods. differnet show, sink, tiles and taps etc
but will keep in mind thats for sure

thanks again.
the response we have had has been unbelievable. Between this forum and the swim-a-thon group page my wife and I are totally in awe of all the effort and generosity of you all.

Drew, I am getting the contact details of the Paraquad people and also a book of fundraising companies. As soon as I have the info, I'll pass it to you.

I must say it is awesome to see the generosity of the forum!
I would love to help Drew but I live in Queensland and as a teenager I have little money to be able to donate
but I can offer my best wishes.
Just felt the need to say how encouraging it is to see people willing to lend a hand to someone in a time of need.
As we all know these sort of things put the footy back into perspective as just footy! I know it helps me to remember that the footy is so insignificant compared to the bigger things in life.

Good luck Drew hope the day goes splendid! :smiley:

@tiger sean said:
I must say it is awesome to see the generosity of the forum!
I would love to help Drew but I live in Queensland and as a teenager I have little money to be able to donate
but I can offer my best wishes.
Just felt the need to say how encouraging it is to see people willing to lend a hand to someone in a time of need.
As we all know these sort of things put the footy back into perspective as just footy! I know it helps me to remember that the footy is so insignificant compared to the bigger things in life.

Good luck Drew hope the day goes splendid! :smiley:

Cheers mate,

Your best wishes are enough mate. Its also heartening to see a teenager in this day and age offer support for us and a little girl you have never met. You can hold your head up proud mate!

I'm also glad I am making people aware that have children with no disorders or are not sick the battle some parents like my wife and I go through just to make my little girls life that little bit easier. The NSW state government are absoultely ridiculous when handling things like. To be told one week that your mods (to our old house, including a lift to access upstairs) are looking good and possibly going to get funding to then being told a month later that there is no funding for that level of mods for at least 2 years is beyond a joke. Yet they waste millions on projects that never get off the ground. They definitely not getting my vote!

![](http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v47/arw76/IMG_0384.jpg)

From Chloe, my wife and I
Thanks mate

@Suzie-Q said:
Drew, I am getting the contact details of the Paraquad people and also a book of fundraising companies. As soon as I have the info, I'll pass it to you.

Thanks Suze
that may come in handy

@Suzie-Q said:

Suzie, do you reckon the frog girl may be able to assist, she'd have alot of contacts in the Campbelltown area as well as others, as, if I recall correctly, she knows a bit about muscular dystrophy.
\
\
Drew, both my girls are quite possibly carriers of muscular dystrophy (Duchenne), so fortunately they wont be affected.
I offer you, your wife and child all my support, and wishes. I barely know what I am doing 1 week to to the next, so at the moment I couldn't commit to anything.

@triserratops said:
@DREW76 said:
@triserratops said:

Thanks TRI

Drew

Just let me know what I can do and when and i'm in.
(DONATE sausages and bread for a sausage sizzle at the event???)
Feel free to use my "triserratops" link to email me whenever.

Cheers
TRISERRATOPS
a.k.a. Anthony

gday Tri

seems as though they will go ahead with a BBQ!
If ya offer still stands that would be great

Drew

Members online

Back